XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF V6 sound like an F Type V6

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF V6 sound like an F Type V6

Why doesn't the XF sound like the F type? Intake, exhaust? Even if you put on the exhaust, will it work?

Old 09-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

The F-Type exhaust is completely different and cannot be fitted to an XF without yuuuge expense, many thousands of dollars.
This is because the F-Type exhaust is a single large East-West muffler while the XF is the more normal pair of North-South mufflers.
It would be a nightmare trying to fit an F-Type exhaust to an X260 even if it was possible.
Another difference is the pops, bangs and crackles the F-Type exhaust makes on the over-run which are software controlled and it's probably not possible to reprogram the XF to do this. Tuning company Velocity AP make a range of after-market exhaust systems and mufflers for the F-Type and the XFR (X250) and they are able to program almost the same pops bangs and crackles into them with a tune, but they don't yet make exhaust systems for the X260.
It may be possible to fit a pair of F-Type SVR mufflers to an X260 as the SVR uses a pair of North-South mufflers.
But they cost a fortune, around $7,000 US each, and then there are all the brackets and other components on top of that, even if it could be done you wouldn't get any change out of $20,000 US.
IMHO your best bet is to wait and hope for VAP to make an exhaust system for the X260.
However in the meantime VAP offer a pulley and tune for the V6 in the X260 which from all reports changes the exhaust note to something approaching that of the F-Type, never mind the increase in power to 450 bhp!

The following users liked this post:
jared102 (07-04-2020)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

VAP 100% can program pops and bangs. I used there tune on 2016 v6 was xf prestige.

as far as sound. On my xe-s I am running VAP tune and pulley and did the resonator delete. I had a 2016 v6-s. F type. My xe-s is quite similar in sound now even without an active exhaust. Xe is a bit more tenor but can absolutely howl. Imagine xf can go the same route.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an XF-S Sportbrake. I did a rear muffler delate and I can tell you that it pus a smile on my face any time the tach goes above 3000 RPM! I'm not saying it sounds like a F-Type but, it's close!

Old 06-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Muffler delete

Originally Posted by Bat One
I have an XF-S Sportbrake. I did a rear muffler delate and I can tell you that it pus a smile on my face any time the tach goes above 3000 RPM! I'm not saying it sounds like a F-Type but, it's close!
i tried that but the drone was unbearable

Old 06-22-2020, 04:38 AM
Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

The chassis of the two cars is totally different. The F-Type has a shorter body than the XF which would make it louder and raspier than the XF and Jaguar spend thousands of hours tuning the sound of the exhausts to get them just right. You will never get an XF to sound like an F-Type because they are simply two different cars built and designed in two different eras of Jaguar as well even though they share the same engine.
You could however straight pipe your XF to get a raspier sound, but just know that it will drone inside the car and become extremely irritating on long hauls.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:45 AM

Can I

Last edited by jared102; 07-04-2020 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The F-Type exhaust is completely different and cannot be fitted to an XF without yuuuge expense, many thousands of dollars.
This is because the F-Type exhaust is a single large East-West muffler while the XF is the more normal pair of North-South mufflers.
It would be a nightmare trying to fit an F-Type exhaust to an X260 even if it was possible.
Another difference is the pops, bangs and crackles the F-Type exhaust makes on the over-run which are software controlled and it's probably not possible to reprogram the XF to do this. Tuning company Velocity AP make a range of after-market exhaust systems and mufflers for the F-Type and the XFR (X250) and they are able to program almost the same pops bangs and crackles into them with a tune, but they don't yet make exhaust systems for the X260.
It may be possible to fit a pair of F-Type SVR mufflers to an X260 as the SVR uses a pair of North-South mufflers.
But they cost a fortune, around $7,000 US each, and then there are all the brackets and other components on top of that, even if it could be done you wouldn't get any change out of $20,000 US.
IMHO your best bet is to wait and hope for VAP to make an exhaust system for the X260.
However in the meantime VAP offer a pulley and tune for the V6 in the X260 which from all reports changes the exhaust note to something approaching that of the F-Type, never mind the increase in power to 450 bhp!
Can I just overwrite a F-type program ?

Old 07-04-2020, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by jared102
Can I just overwrite a F-type program ?
I doubt it very much for a host of reasons I won't go in to, Cambo would know for sure.
Just get a VAP lower pulley and tune, this will achieve much the same result for "pops and crackles" as the F-Type tune and from all reports this will make it sound "almost" like an F-Type, as well as the added bonus of 70 more hp than even the F-Type S tune.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I doubt it very much for a host of reasons I won't go in to, Cambo would know for sure.
Just get a VAP lower pulley and tune, this will achieve much the same result for "pops and crackles" as the F-Type tune and from all reports this will make it sound "almost" like an F-Type, as well as the added bonus of 70 more hp than even the F-Type S tune.
I just want the crackles,I am considering between the VAP and Vividracing.
I am not in a English speaking country,so difficult to pick the correct VAP program for me.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:08 AM
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Pop and crackles

Originally Posted by jared102
I just want the crackles,I am considering between the VAP and Vividracing.
I am not in a English speaking country,so difficult to pick the correct VAP program for me.
paramount performance sells a pop and crackle tune for your XF

b

Old 07-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

Guys and gals. Pop over to the xe thread on resonator delete. It will transform your sound for about 200.00 usd at a quality muffler shop. Nothing is an f-type as I have had both, but the delete raises your volume wonderfully. There will be zero drone. Removing or changing cat backs will give you unwanted drone. Resonator delete keeps your car looking stock.
Adding VAP tune and pulley will make your car on par with the fastest sedans and the crackle and pop option is wicked and loud. I like it but it is intense and some may prefer the tune without pops which VAP will accommodate. trust me on this. I have used the tune in v6 ftype, xf and now xe. You can not get more real power and torque for the money anywhere.

The following users liked this post:
bfarrell (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by bfarrell

b
i have seen paramount performance on YouTube,lots of x250 on it,no videos about x260 XF

Old 07-06-2020, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by bfarrell

b
I've found it on Paramount's website,Jaguar burble pop and bang tuning ...thx bro