XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF and XE Unveiling

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts
Default XF and XE Unveiling

Hello All,

I was invited to what Jaguar Land Rover Calgary were calling "Their Grand Opening", but in reality it was an all in one party...

They were showing off their new dealership, even though they have been at this new location for close 6+ months...

I think the main attraction were the XF and XE unveiling(s)...

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, Shots of the dealership, showroom, delivery bay, and service bay:

Shots of the XF unveiling:

Shots of the XE Unveiling:

Having seen both cars in person, The XE is absolutely beautiful in person, I don't know if it was the color, in comparison to the XF, there wasn't a bad angle for the XE, it looks like a serious contender to take on the 3 Germans (3 Series, C-Class, and A4), and I am really curious if they decide to eventually put together a go fast version of this car, as it will be really exciting to watch how the market reacts to it.

On the other hand we have the new XF, and all I can say is that the front end of the XF looks amazing, its not a major transformation, but a welcome modernization... The rear end of the XF is a different story, it has not grown on me... Even the side shot profile, with more a straight roof-line, is less appealing (to me)...

I could also be biased given I just picked up this 2015 bad boy:

Old 10-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

We agree again Ahmad. I saw both at the Coronado Festival of Speed and really liked every angle of the XE. It's just too small for me.

The roofline on the XF from the side profile is not as sexy and less coupe like. The view from the rear also makes it look taller and narrower, although I know it's not. The XF I saw was a base model and I'm hoping that the more sporting trim levels have more drama than thr model I saw.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Great photos,I have yet to see either in person but in photos the XE looks more sleek to me; the greenhouse is more similar to the outgoing XF, which I agree with you, the new model just isn't as sleek looking. Overall, I like it, but I don't know if I like it more than my XF(exterior anyway). I just wish the tail lights on the XE were slimmer, honestly they should have used the same tail-light design that they used for the F-Pace.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
We agree again Ahmad. I saw both at the Coronado Festival of Speed and really liked every angle of the XE. It's just too small for me.

The roofline on the XF from the side profile is not as sexy and less coupe like. The view from the rear also makes it look taller and narrower, although I know it's not. The XF I saw was a base model and I'm hoping that the more sporting trim levels have more drama than thr model I saw.
I agree the XE isn't going to be a real contender for me, due to how small it is... and how above average size I am (6'5")...

The XF, wasn't as exciting as the current XF (in my opinion), I believe Bellanca, stated it perfectly... why couldn't they have used the F-Pace Tail lights on both the XE and new XF??? I know they are trying to tie all the vehicles together, to help with brand image, but you look at the connection between the XK and our version of the XF, and I believe they created that similarity on the rear end of the car, in a flawless manner... The new XF looks like its had a design concept forced on it's rear end, and they have compromised to make it work, I just don't think it works...

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
Great photos,I have yet to see either in person but in photos the XE looks more sleek to me; the greenhouse is more similar to the outgoing XF, which I agree with you, the new model just isn't as sleek looking. Overall, I like it, but I don't know if I like it more than my XF(exterior anyway). I just wish the tail lights on the XE were slimmer, honestly they should have used the same tail-light design that they used for the F-Pace.
Thanks... on the photos...

There are some cars that photos just don't do them justice... I believe Jaguar as a brand fits this, with some models being more extreme than others... a F-Type in person is different story than a F-Type photo... I believe the XE especially surprised me, I was always was on the fence about it, but seeing it in person won me over... It could also be that they unveiled the XF first, then followed up with the XE unveiling, and although I struggle to find a word for it, but on some level I can't help but feel the new XF is a disappointment... only when you compare it to current XF... If you compare it against its competitors, E-Class, A6, and 5-Series, it is still the most appealing of them...

This isn't the first time it has happened. I will proudly say that I am not a BMW fan boy (in fact quite the contrary)... But I will recognize when another auto manufacturer creates something beautiful and then with the next release ended up struggling... The E39 M5 (5-Series), and the E46 M3 (3-Series), were at their peek in the early 2000's, and then it all ended... the next generation for the 3 & 5 series were released, and till this day, I do not think that either series has found the same success they once had with those earlier generations...

Jaguar has always been a distinguishable brand, you can see it from a mile away and you know that it's a Jaguar, and I can't believe I am saying this, but maybe it's the price you pay for becoming more mainstream and trying to compete with everyone else, that you have to tame/ curb your design so that it's not so polarizing, and rather blends in opposed to standing out... You can have your standouts, but those will be limited to your flagships, The F-Type and XJ, where your volume sellers, XE and XF will be limited to a less dramatic design... The F-Pace which could arguably be Jaguar's best seller in the near future, well I will say they hit that one out of the park...