XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

10 inch Tesla headunit upgrade with install video

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 03:10 PM
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Well some of you guys, might not be bothered by the bugs, but i think it's ridiculous to enable heated steering, and not get anywhere to control it, the sole purpose of the car settings is actually to enable or disable functions not to control them.
Make sure you don't forget to turn it off else you'll get permanent heating.

Since it's for Jaguar cars theses radios are very overpriced, compared to other similar models.
I mean if you pay 1000 dollars for a radio i would expect it to work perfectly.

Front sensors not beeping is really bad you will bump Into stuff.

Yes the small unit comes with 2 USB ports they work fine.

As for software update, theses chinese guys don't bother, i have been asking for them, they just stop replying...

It would be good if many guys would show interest in buying, and point out the bugs and the info on this forums to the sellers, and hold back, hopefully they would understand that the could sell much more if these issues are fixed.
that’s going to be a problem for them when people don’t buy it. Already on Facebook you see how when these sellers post them, people use the laugh emoji.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,275 Likes on 2,392 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis black
They are not the same, the canbus numbers are different, the decoder box number is also different, I can get a button on the screen once i figure out the firmware, good thing is that the heated steering wheel does work,and it doesn't bother me if it's not in the front Ac pop up,ill go into the car info for now to turn it on, going into this project I new every little thing is not going to be perfect ,if I get 98% I'm fine with that...because I no I'm not perfect
which some of my Lexus videos were we added buttons and updates to the firmware
Thanks Dennis. If you can gain access to the firmware and share it will be great. I have the XK not the XF and I'm interested in modifying climate controls only to add temp readings in Fahrenheit. Currently they only read Celsius and my supplier says no updates. I appreciate your sharing your insight.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 447 Likes on 327 Posts

Thats why you have people like me who test this stuff and warn if its junk ,my first unit was made in MY HOME COUNTRY Birmingham England , this one was engineered in Germany and sold in china ...i did not purchase it from aliexpess or Alibaba if you watch my videos its easy for me to fix bugs , When i purchased my XF the second week i had it the thermostat went ,i installed a new one and went on my way, nothings perfect

i purchased this for my Lexus in the USA its flawless

Last edited by dennis black; 04-05-2021 at 07:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sean W (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 07:20 PM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Mine was bought from alibaba, and says the same thing, has a sticker saying it's German engineering.

Some guy's import to resell, others rebrand, others do OEM manufacturing as me and, have for many years.

Hate to brake it to you but everything is made in China, specially electronics, just check the back of anything you have at home.

The real factory is called huangying electronic technology.

Here's the web site:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMVbbV1

Pay attention to the launcher interface and you'll notice.
I got to the factory through the engineer that was sending me the updates.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Thats why you have people like me who test this stuff and warn if its junk ,my first unit was made in MY HOME COUNTRY Birmingham England , this one was engineered in Germany and sold in china ...i did not purchase it from aliexpess or Alibaba if you watch my videos its easy for me to fix bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJo05Wxei7k&t=1473s
Ha! I actually do subscribe to your YouTube channel and am looking forward to your help Dennis.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

i have the no how to change the firmware like i said its engineered in europe and put together and sold in china , thats why they dont no how to update and play around with the firmware ,I can change the firmware , make buttons operate almost anything in the car , don't get me wrong i understand were your coming from they show employees in lab clothing , all there doing is assembling the units...but I'm not going to debate you , im going to consecrate on seeing if this works good or if its garbage
Don't get me wrong aliexpress has some good stuff i just dont buy electronics from them ,i got this fob case from them

Sean anytim, help is here

The following users liked this post:
K. Kent (07-08-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 02:23 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i have the no how to change the firmware like i said its engineered in europe and put together and sold in china , thats why they dont no how to update and play around with the firmware ,I can change the firmware , make buttons operate almost anything in the car , don't get me wrong i understand were your coming from they show employees in lab clothing , all there doing is assembling the units...but I'm not going to debate you , im going to consecrate on seeing if this works good or if its garbage
Don't get me wrong aliexpress has some good stuff i just dont buy electronics from them ,i got this fob case from them

Sean anytim, help is here

Denis,
If you can get the clock adjust and front sensors to work it'll be spot on 👍 (for me at least)

Old 04-06-2021, 08:00 AM

I just hope you are right, and i can't wait for the modified firmware.

But my hunch is that this is just the same as all the Chinese units, don't get me wrong it's not about debating it's just based on my experience, i have been importing electronics for 15 years, i used to modify video game consoles we edited and changed firmwares all the time, xbox, playstation etc. Now i work with medical devices laser machines. I worked with a company that was uk based but finally made everything in China.
I used to get full containers with all sorts of electronics, with labels form everywhere, finally they were all made in China.

How do you know that the company you got the radio form didn't import it from China then sold it you, making all these german engineered claims, based on a sticker?, Have you seen the german facilities?, did they provide a certificate of origin, did you ask for the CE certificate?

It doesn't make sense to engineer something in Europe to be sold in China, where there are barely a few Jaguars. European market is full of them.

But settings that a side, focusing on the issue, it would be great if you could make a video of, the firmware process, and how your add buttons and functions.

The following 2 users liked this post by Carlos Saez:
bealzabubba (04-06-2021), K. Kent (07-08-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member

The bottom line is like said before I'm the one who's testing this unit for you guys in real time ,so if it's junk you will see, everyone knows buying from these these resellers is a gamble.but trust me I'll get it to work for myself even if I have to write my own firmware

The following 3 users liked this post by dennis black:
K. Kent (07-08-2021), Oxidizer2k (04-06-2021), Sean W (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 12:45 PM

The bottom line is like said before I'm the one who's testing this unit for you guys in real time ,so if it's junk you will see, everyone knows buying from these these resellers is a gamble.but trust me I'll get it to work for myself even if I have to write my own firmware
Have complete faith in you 😉👍

The following 2 users liked this post by Taffyduck:
bealzabubba (04-06-2021), Sean W (04-07-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks guys that gives me motivation to see if there are any issue and ill fix them and help the good guys with a fix ... i have all the data for the xf ,,this weekend my wife will help me film

The following 4 users liked this post by dennis black:
K. Kent (07-08-2021), Oxidizer2k (04-07-2021), Sean W (04-07-2021), thistle4celtic1 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 09:24 PM

Thanks guys that gives me motivation to see if there are any issue and ill fix them and help the good guys with a fix ... i have all the data for the xf ,,this weekend my wife will help me film
That's sounds great buddy, it would an incredible thing for this community. Best of luck, I'm very excited to see it working properly.

Thanks.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:50 PM

That's good to hear, as your motivation has motivated me into buying one 😜 all be it the small unit, but hey size isn't everything 😂

Old 04-10-2021, 08:10 AM

Denis have you installed the unit into your xf yet?

Old 04-11-2021, 05:06 AM
Veteran Member

Part 3 is here

envincibal (04-12-2021), K. Kent (07-08-2021), Sean W (04-11-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 09:48 AM

Great vid Denis👍 just the coloured spaghetti I love 😁
I see now why the front sensors don't work as the unit uses its own software and speaker for the rear camera and sensors and no doubt uses the camera image to determine the distance rather than the sensors themselves. So would it be possible to install a front camera?
The only other problem is the clock adjust in the dash itself, all the other settings options appear to be there in the menu, so is it just a case of updating the firmware?
Look forward to the next vid and hopefully trying the small unit out for myself soon 😁

Old 04-12-2021, 03:01 AM

So thinking about this it occurred to me that on the original system you can turn off the rear camera and you get another display with the parking sensors. Which poses the question which cable going into the original head unit is from the sensors 🤔

Old 04-12-2021, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Taffyduck
So thinking about this it occurred to me that on the original system you can turn off the rear camera and you get another display with the parking sensors. Which poses the question which cable going into the original head unit is from the sensors 🤔
The only way to get the front sensors to beep on forward parking, is to get ssd cable disable the OEM parking sensors, and get aftermarket ones with camera.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

Testing wood trim i cut that i puchased on ebay for $30 ,fits perfect

Last edited by dennis black; 04-12-2021 at 03:37 PM.
K. Kent (07-08-2021), Sean W (04-12-2021), Struppi (04-27-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Taffyduck
I think you're referring to the pictogram from the sensors? That signal is fed through the can bus IIRC. The cable that connects to the OEM touchscreen is the rear camera

Quick Reply: 10 inch Tesla headunit upgrade with install video