Veteran Member
Received 447 Likes on 327 Posts

fitment is perfect

Old 05-03-2021, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buttons on the left

Originally Posted by dennis black
The buttons on the left dont work ?

The 4 way flasher button does not work. The AC on/off button works.The fan speed increase button works, The fan speed decrease button when pressed will unlock the doors and has no effect on the speed of the fan

Old 05-03-2021, 12:26 AM
Default Buttons on the left

The buttons on the left dont work ?

The 4 way flasher button does not work. The AC on/off button works.The fan speed increase button works, The fan speed decrease button when pressed will unlock the doors and has no effect on the speed of the fan

Old 05-03-2021, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member

What you have to do is remove the unit ,and on the backside you will see some small screws holding them buttons in just remove them then realign the button panel from the back and squeeze the panel back part as you reinstall the screws, its just loose

The following users liked this post:
Minstrel (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 11:22 AM

Thanks Dennis I will check that out tomorrow its 1730hrs over this side of the pond bank holiday Monday wet and cold as you would expect

Old 05-03-2021, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

when you start screwing it back squeeze the back as you screw the little screws in and at the same time hit the hazzard button and make sire it clicks ,you may to do it a few times to get it to set in

Old 05-05-2021, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2021, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
YamahaRick (05-05-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello
Which launcher was used there. Because with the original launcher you can't change the arrangement of the widgets.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

carwebguru you can use the image of your own car

Minstrel (05-06-2021)
Old 05-07-2021, 02:32 AM
Default So far not very good

Well I am finding this unit not very good, I checked out Dennis's advice this unfortunately did not resolve the problem of the hazard warning switch and the fan speed reduction switch not working, the fan speed reduction switch actually unlocks the doors.
Also the right hand seat controls actually control the left hand seat and the same with the left hand, the trip recording is showing in Km/h I can find no way of changing to mph it doesn't recorde anything anyway.
When you set the seat heating to hot the little indecator lights on the seat control show as blue colour I think they should be red in colour for hot,when set to cooling seat position the little indicators do show as blue.
I am going to give them a few more days to try and sort it out its been going on two weeks now then if not sorted its heading back to China before it does any damage to my car,
The car is a 2010 Jaguar XJL

Old 05-07-2021, 05:24 AM
Veteran Member

They must have sent you a bad canbus, mine is running like a champ ,no issues, I was expecting issues but I can't find any in my Xf, maybe I got lucky, this weekend I'll adding a DSP amp and sub
but with my experience with tesla screens what they did was gave you the wrong year harness or canbus

Old 05-07-2021, 06:24 AM
Default Thanks

Thanks Dennis.
I am talking with China right now there last message was "in three hours they will send me an APK" I have no idea what that is or what to do with it yet ☹️

Old 05-07-2021, 08:34 AM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

They must have sent you a bad canbus, mine is running like a champ ,no issues, I was expecting issues but I can't find any in my Xf, maybe I got lucky, this weekend I'll adding a DSP amp and sub
but with my experience with tesla screens what they did was gave you the wrong year harness or canbus
Did i miss an update as far as I can tell we haven't seen your heated steering wheel button, forward parking beeping, cluster clock set, warning messages, and everything else mentioned in this thread. Did you manage to fix that, we would really love to hear back from your firmware findings, so far we have just seen normal android stuff, and wrapping.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:03 AM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Minstrel
Well I am finding this unit not very good, I checked out Dennis's advice this unfortunately did not resolve the problem of the hazard warning switch and the fan speed reduction switch not working, the fan speed reduction switch actually unlocks the doors.
Also the right hand seat controls actually control the left hand seat and the same with the left hand, the trip recording is showing in Km/h I can find no way of changing to mph it doesn't recorde anything anyway.
When you set the seat heating to hot the little indecator lights on the seat control show as blue colour I think they should be red in colour for hot,when set to cooling seat position the little indicators do show as blue.
I am going to give them a few more days to try and sort it out its been going on two weeks now then if not sorted its heading back to China before it does any damage to my car,
The car is a 2010 Jaguar XJL
I think it's the best thing you can do i ended up removing it from my car, it's nothing wrong with the canbus it's just the way it is, me and taffy duck, have similar issues, these units are not market ready yet.
I don't know what's Dennis point not reporting the issues, which i know are there... in another thread I'm very honest about everything, my objective is to save you guy's the frustration and throwing away money.

​​​​​​I recommend staying away from these products for now until a real fix is released.

Dennis buddy i mean no offense but we are all interested in the OEM functions and the previously reported bugs, and the software update you are working on.

Old 05-07-2021, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

i understand were you guys are coming from ,thats why i made this thread ,my basis in all my videos is testing it for you guys so you don't waste your money , yes i have the ability to fix all issues but ,they should fix them ,im here to save you guys the headaches and when i finish my test you will no what works and what doesn't, so far I'm not having any issues
i never buy from aliexpress or Alibaba , i,only buy a keyfob case, thats it
i took a trip to ohio 12 hours away it ran flawlessly.
But i no you all want all the things to work in the menus and settings and hardware ,all i can do is sniff the firmware like i did with my lexus and help you guys with fixes
im sorry the 7inch units are crap but ill find a solution for you guys whether it be new firmware or wiring
but for now I'm studying the firmware
My 10 inch is trouble free, has everything the oem unit has and Works perfec.

Last edited by dennis black; 05-08-2021 at 06:34 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by dennis black:
envincibal (05-08-2021), mrNewt (08-10-2021), Oxidizer2k (05-07-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,275 Likes on 2,392 Posts

settings and hardware ,all i can do is sniff the firmware like i did with my lexus and help you guys with fixes
im sorry the 7inch units are crap but ill find a solution for you guys whether it be new firmware or wiring
but for now I'm studying the firmware
My 10 inch is trouble free, has everything the oem unit has and Works perfec.
Glad to hear that your bench testing again Dennis!

And to be clear, imo, the 7 inch units are not crap, not at all. People that expect 100% compatibility are just misguided bit and a while lot frustrated. I used the Tesla style XK wiring harness and installed the 7 inch in my XK and it works they same as my Tesla unit. I'm going to reach out to Carlos for some specifics to see if I can't get the OEM hard buttons to work as they do in the XF, but that's probably a wiring issue. I'm waiting on some pinout info on the can bus box.

That said and please take this in the spirit it's intended, if you can help people with glitches, please throw them a bone and give them one fix.

FWIW, I too have the Tesla unit in my car and only have two issues.
One, can't convert C to F temp readouts. How come that works on the XF and not the XK - simple formula but I don't have access to the climate control software, assuming that's where it's coded.
Two, with the XK, you can clear fault codes from displaying in the gauge cluster by touching the clear button. The XK users all seem to want that - it will not happen and that's one of those things I talked about above regarding misguided expectations of 100% comparability. What you gain is far more than what you use.

Looking forward to the results of your bench testing!

Old 05-08-2021, 11:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Glad to hear that your bench testing again Dennis!

And to be clear, imo, the 7 inch units are not crap, not at all. People that expect 100% compatibility are just misguided bit and a while lot frustrated. I used the Tesla style XK wiring harness and installed the 7 inch in my XK and it works they same as my Tesla unit. I'm going to reach out to Carlos for some specifics to see if I can't get the OEM hard buttons to work as they do in the XF, but that's probably a wiring issue. I'm waiting on some pinout info on the can bus box.

That said and please take this in the spirit it's intended, if you can help people with glitches, please throw them a bone and give them one fix.

FWIW, I too have the Tesla unit in my car and only have two issues.
One, can't convert C to F temp readouts. How come that works on the XF and not the XK - simple formula but I don't have access to the climate control software, assuming that's where it's coded.
Two, with the XK, you can clear fault codes from displaying in the gauge cluster by touching the clear button. The XK users all seem to want that - it will not happen and that's one of those things I talked about above regarding misguided expectations of 100% comparability. What you gain is far more than what you use.

Looking forward to the results of your bench testing!
Totally agree. The 7" units aren't crap and in fact I really like mine and am hoping the Chinese in the Tacho Display is just down to a dodgy canbus decoder, a new one is on its way but there's no rush as my baby is suffering from alternator disease and its currently with my doc😭.
I myself have found a few helpful things out which I've shared on the 7" forum but sadly I'm not a programmer so if our tech team on here can come up with a few universal fixes I know I'd be happy 😁

And Denis, you're still to blame I'm doing this 😜
​​​

Quick Reply: 10 inch Tesla headunit upgrade with install video