XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

'13 base XF - Not starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 base XF - Not starting

I posted this in the X260 forums, but noticed I should have posted here. Newbie error. There was one response in the X260 thread mentioning the Camshaft Position Sensor, so before I tow it to the dealership, I would love to check the sensors, and see if a simple cleaning would be the problem. So if anyone has any opinion on the below, or a diagram of the engine and opinions on getting to the camshaft sensor I would be grateful!
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Hey everyone, I am new to the Jaguar forums. I have a question about an issue that just happened a couple days ago. I am not a mechanic at all, but love working on my cars, and over the last couple decades have increased my skills, my tools and my knowledge base, so I am hoping that with my current issue, I can tackle on my own. However, I am also not too proud to get it to the dealer when I am in over my head. My goal for this post is two fold, I hope someone has had a similar situation and might know a possible solution. Or I am hoping that what I describe has a post that someone can reference and I can check out solutions there.

I have a 2013 XF (2.0 4 cylinder turbo). I bought it last year. It currently has 48,000 miles on it and has been a perfect car (other than passenger side door that wont latch randomly when it is frigid cold lol ... not the issue of the post though). Two days ago, I noticed a slight delay when I started, with a very quick clicking sound, then it started fine and nothing was wrong the rest of the day. Yesterday everything was also fine the first half of the day. I drove home for lunch, but when I was leaving to go back to the office, it wouldn't start. It would turn over, but not fire up. My first thought was spark plugs, but they seemed fine (I did not pull and do a test fire, but they were not gunked up). I had plenty of power, and it turned over just fine, so battery I ruled out. My coil pack did have a little corrosion on the 3rd coil, where it connects to the spark plug, but not an alarming amount. Below are codes that I got from my OBD II reader. My thoughts are fuel, maybe injectors, pump or filter as I have read that there have been issues with each of these for people. So, any advice from the more experienced? I loathe taking it to the dealer from being taken advantage of when I was younger. I appreciate any suggestions.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Not familiar with your car but do you hear the fuel pump priming the system just before start-up? At just 48k miles the fuel filter is probably okay.