XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

19 inch wheels that fit XF SC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Frustrating part is I checked with the manufacturer directly twice even though the distributor checked and specifically discussed the SC brakes and that OEM were 20 inch. Moving on. I did discuss directly with my installer on the TPMS code transfer.

They have a tool that reads the TPMS codes from the OEM TPMS while the tires are still on. I think the other guy at the shop didn't have it right. TPMS coding seems like the easy part. Tire shop has been patient despite trying the wheels twice. From the other thread discussion it seems that the Jag can pick up the codes regardless.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Possible you could find out the make and type of the device that reads the codes? If I could find a shop to read my snows without breaking them down would be easier for me. My experience has not been that they just get picked up when swapped.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Veteran Member

I'll ask. Installer said it was an aftermarket device that reads the codes.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

FYI. My installer will code my new winter TPMS to match the OEM TPMS on the summers. Once done, they can be swapped without needing to be recoded.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Hi everyone - I've been reading the Forum for a while as I explored getting and XF - and just made the purchase recently thanks to all of your great insights. A 2010 XF Supercharged in black with ivory interior - and I love it! (Will post intro on the forums shortly). I live in Boston and have been grappling with the winter tire question too - I have the 20inch Selena with summer sport tires. I'd like a second set of wheels in 19inch with dedicated winter tires. But struggling to get an answer on what (if anything) fits - one dealer told me all Jag 19inch XF wheels fit, another told me the Caravela, Auriga, Carelia and Artura fit but no others, and a third one told me they tried these on a SC and none would fit. I've read this and several other threads and remain confused! Can anyone confirm they have actually fitted 19inch wheels to their XF supercharged over the OEM brakes and that it really does fit?? Looks like BigCat09 maybe has Tamana on an XF.SC? Did someone say Auriga too? Want to make certain before I spend thousands on wheels that don't fit... Plus hard to find winter tires that fit the selena's. Thank you!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member

Brit, I feel your pain. BigCat09 had the Tamana's, and Cwood had the Auriga's. It's in a previous thread somewhere. I am about to throw in the towel on the 19's as I cannot bring myself to trust reconditioned or remanufactured wheels. None of the online sites inspire confidence from reading their return policies. I am leaning towards new 20's and want to check to see if Coventry Whitley 20's in a non-staggered (8.5) set up will fit. I was told today by a Savini dealer that BM-3, BM-4 and BM-5's will fit the XF supercharged.

You can get Nokian Hakka R's to fit the existing Selena's. They are a true snow tire. I also think you can get blizzaks or pirrelli's in the OEM tire sizes. The 255 size may also work on the 9.5 wide rear Selena's with some streching. Probably not the best in the long run. If I don't find something soon, I will be buying Nokians to fit my existing wheels.

Will any of the dealers in your area or the one you purchased your car from test fit some 19's they may have on your front tires? My sales person told me that any Jag 19's should fit, but remanufactured wheels are mostly what's out there to buy.

Keep us posted and congratulations on the car purchase.

The following users liked this post:
BritCars (12-15-2012)
Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Jaguny - I appreciate the support. I'm in touch with Jag customer support who are trying to get a clear answer on all of this.

BigCat09 - I'm tempted with the Tamana - I assume the XFR brakes are same as the SC? Did you have any trouble fitting them on the car? And did you go for a staggered fit, or did you do 8.5inch all the way around?

Thanks everyone - I'll post when I get a final response from Jag customer support.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member

Well Brit, I threw in the towel and am buying non-stagger Nokian Hakka R's to fit my current wheels in 20 inch. I worked out a deal with my installer for a reduced install price to switch out the rubber every year. If you keep the car for 5 years the cost may be a bit more depending on what you could've gotten for the used rims, tires and TPMS.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member

Brit, Here is a link to the original thread, that Cat responded to:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...t-xf-sc-81840/

Old 12-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Jaguny - I may end up having to do the same depending on what the customer service folks come back with. What's your issue with remanufactured wheels - am tempted to go Tamana?

Did you go non-staggered for price reasons, or a view on performance/grip? Any concerns about fitting 8.5 wide on the 9.5 wide rims at the rear (won't the rims be even more exposed)?

Can I ask what you paid and where you found them? I've not been able to find anyone offering winter tires for mine expect for the Jag dealer who wants not far off 500usd per tire for Sottozero's (nobody else seems to have them in stock). Maybe your place can send to me.

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member

BritCars,

As far as remanufactured goes, they are not new so I wouldn't know if they had been bent, were in an accident, etc. Many of the sellers won't even take them back if you mount them, or put them on a balancing machine. Some may be better than others, but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to take the chance.

I went non-staggered so I could rotate them. Cost and availablity of 285's is a consideration but not why I went non-staggered, just so I could rotate. The Nokian Hakka R's in 255mm can fit on rims from 8.5 inch to 10 inch. I expect the rims may be somewhat more exposed.

I was going to get Coventry Whitley 20 wheels in 8.5 but neither the black or silver are in stock in US.

My Nokian Hakka R's are $389 each installed, but without tax, so not cheap. My tire dealer found 1 set (I hope, as he hasn't called to say he has them). Have you tried a net search for dealers in your area or online dealers? I can ask my tire installer if he knows of another source.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Britcars,

There were two complete sets of 20 staggered sottzeros on the classifieds thread recently. Both sets seem to have sold though. Keep an eye on on that as well.

Last edited by jaguny; 12-02-2012 at 07:53 PM.
BritCars (12-15-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

Try the link below, it shows Nokian tire dealers in the Boston area.

Dealer locator#

Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

Well, this past Wednesday the 20 inch non-staggered 255-35 Nokians were switched out on my Selena's. The rear tires are just out a little from the rim. The fronts a bit more, so the 9.5 rears seems to take the 8.5 tires fairly well. Ride feels firmer. No snow to try them on yet, although it has been cold. They may be a slight bit more noise, but nothing that anyone would notice.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks again Jaguny for all of the advice - very helpful. I had a good discussion with the Jag customer services team who looked into this. They said they are strongly advising people with the SC model to stick with the 20inch wheels. He said that one or two of the 19 inch might fit but many will not (as you discovered...) and the brake calipers end up so close to the wheels there is very little tolerance for error.

So - I'll be following your lead and getting winter tires for the 20 inch selenas. Going with Sottozero (which is all I can find right now anyway).

Thanks!

Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Veteran Member

No problem, it is what my salesperson told me initially, it just took me awhile to be convinced. I'd be interested to here how you like the Sottozero.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Guys, the 19's fit just fine (oem). If there is one thing I have learned is that you can get more accurate information in groups like this that from dealers. Unless you are talking to the right person its a crap shoot. One that is hard to detect because even the clued out sound so confident.

The refurbs are done to a high standard and are usually just cosmetic refresh..all rims are painted these days anyway...and you are running them in harsh conditions so why fuss about them being perfect? That said, refurbs look brand new and run true.

The service from Detroit Wheel and tire was extremely good. I would far rather have a second set of rims and tires than having some wheel hack mounting and unmounting over and over.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member

Hi cwood - can you remind me which wheels you have - which specific OEM wheel type? And is your vehicle a SC or an XFR (if the latter, do you know if the brakes are identical on SC)? Thanks for the input. I actually had a dealer try a set of 19 inch OEM wheels on an XF SC and it didn't fit, so it sounds like some don't work. Thanks.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member

cwood, I believe that the Auriga's and Tamana 19's fit based on your and Cat's feedback. I looked for a set of Tamana's and the pricing for reconditioned didn't seem great. I was hoping to buy a set of "takeoffs", but didn't come across any. Still wasn't sold on the reconditioned except from a one or two sites that seemed to have reasonable quality control. Appreciated your and others input, so don't want to seem that the advice was ignored.

I was initially hoping for non oem. I likely could've have found a set of oem's takeoffs if I started sooner. So far so good though, as we have not had snow, but the Nokians are a nice riding tire even on dry or wet pavement. Thanks again for the advice, as it was helpful.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 AM

Yes, I have the the Auriga's in 19". My only gripe is that they are not very interesting looking. I know that the discs on the SC are the same as the XFR. I think the Calipers are a bit different so I can't say without a doubt that they are not a bit bigger in dimension. That said, there is a reasonable amount of room between disc and rim. There is someone in my neighborhood with an XFR and separate non OEM Rims. I will try to flag him down and ask what they are. Sure hasn't been any need for snows in the Toronto area yet!

On my S4 I had a set of snows that I swapped on the rims each year and I just got tired of the cost each time and how long it took.

BritCars (01-05-2013)

Quick Reply: 19 inch wheels that fit XF SC?