XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2007 XK wheels on XF

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 356 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Injekter
i wouldnt be super pumped about driving around a Lambo thats a mere .2 sec faster in the 1/4 than my 4 door sedan.... and thats with someone that knows how to drive...id put you at about .3 slower : )
Uh, ok...

You must be very embarassed to drive your car since this Chevette is like 10 times faster! LOL!

Last edited by lotusespritse; 11-07-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Uh, ok...

You must be very embarassed to drive your car since this Chevette is like 10 times faster! LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEw6IoXrDg4
oh,, there are fast lambos, i mean that's why you get one right? its just yours is not one of the fast ones... its still a very nice car... and it looks fast... i guess that's good enough...

Old 11-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member

oh,, there are fast lambos, i mean that's why you get one right? its just yours is not one of the fast ones... its still a very nice car... and it looks fast... i guess that's good enough...
Meh. If you want to go faster 0-60 than everyone else at a non 7 figure price, you pretty much need to buy a new Tesla electric car at this point.

I bought my Lambo because it's cool, embodies the Lambo V12 heritage, and it happens to already be an appreciating classic. No one buys an 10 year old car to be the fastest one on the block, so you're kinda being captain obvious here. My car was very fast when it came out compared to the competition at the time. Just like the original Ford GT40, Ferrari GTO etc. and people seem to be pretty happy to own one of those too.

Old Countach's sell for more than new Aventador's right now, and they are very slow in comparison. So I am not the only one that thinks this way, or the dollar values would be very different.

Being the only 6-speed manual V12 Lambo model, my car has already appreciated about $20K in the year that I have owned it.

But based on what you're saying, I might go ahead and buy a Jag XF...Oh wait, I already have 2 of them!

Last edited by lotusespritse; 11-07-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Meh. If you want to go faster 0-60 than everyone else at a non 7 figure price, you pretty much need to buy a new Tesla electric car at this point.

I bought my Lambo because it's cool, embodies the Lambo V12 heritage, and it happens to already be an appreciating classic. No one buys an 10 year old car to be the fastest one on the block, so you're kinda being captain obvious here. My car was very fast when it came out compared to the competition at the time. Just like the original Ford GT40, Ferrari GTO etc. and people seem to be pretty happy to own one of those too.

Old Countach's sell for more than new Aventador's right now, and they are very slow in comparison. So I am not the only one that thinks this way, or the dollar values would be very different.

Being the only 6-speed manual V12 Lambo model, my car has already appreciated about $20K in the year that I have owned it.

But based on what you're saying, I might go ahead and buy a Jag XF...Oh wait, I already have 2 of them!
VERY good points on the lambo....so im curious... on the Jags....why not get an R ,, u have the lotus , the lambo... jags but no R ?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

VERY good points on the lambo....so im curious... on the Jags....why not get an R ,, u have the lotus , the lambo... jags but no R ?
The Jaguar's are our daily drivers. What I need in a daily driver is reliability and comfort. Especially when I have 2 bonafide super cars in the stable.

The naturally aspirated 5.0L XF is my idea of perfection for the combination of grace and pace.

My brother had a XKR. It was a beast. But it was also trying too hard, so it wasn't great as a sports car or a luxury car. He left it at my house for a couple weeks and I drove it for the first 5 days, and then never wanted to, nor did I, drive it again. The XF was just so much nicer to drive and ride.

I didn't want a daily ride that beat me up like the one guy that recently posted that he was trying to downgrade his XFR suspension to XF specs. And the 5.0L has more than enough power to deal with any traffic situation, even here in Houston.

Plus, I am not so convinced that Jaguar or Land Rover were very good with supercharging back then. It seemed like all the problem children with new cars on the Jaguar and Range Rover forums were the supercharged boys.

Maybe JLR are better now with the new V6, but I am more happy with a V8 (or V12), so that's why I am not selling my XFs.

Last edited by lotusespritse; 11-07-2016 at 08:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Injekter (11-08-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 08:46 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

>Maybe JLR are better now with the new V6

Ah, but it is not a "new" V6, it's an AJ V8 with two plugged holes where the rear two pistons should be. It also has a "split pin" crank to offset the vibration problems with a 90 degree V6.

Sorry, but that seems to be as much of a kludge as the V8 engine that Buick chopped two cylinders off back in 1962 (that persisted as the 3800 until 2009).
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)

Old 11-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by pab
>Maybe JLR are better now with the new V6

Ah, but it is not a "new" V6, it's an AJ V8 with two plugged holes where the rear two pistons should be. It also has a "split pin" crank to offset the vibration problems with a 90 degree V6.

Sorry, but that seems to be as much of a kludge as the V8 engine that Buick chopped two cylinders off back in 1962 (that persisted as the 3800 until 2009).
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Yea, but it hasn't been the block that been failing, it's everything attached to it like the supercharger, etc.

I am hoping they fixed those things in the V6 model to make them more reliable.