XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2008-2011 B&W Surround Retrofit from Base audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Further on now

There is an "Amplifier" box in CCF with values like "Undefined" "Aud1" "Aud2" ect.

Please can anybody tell me which is the right setting for B & W?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2020, 12:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raistlin295
Further on now

There is an "Amplifier" box in CCF with values like "Undefined" "Aud1" "Aud2" ect.

Please can anybody tell me which is the right setting for B & W?

Thanks
only two strings are enough:
Radio amp and speaker system> Radio, amp and speaker system > Audio "Premium sound" 5x130 watts 12 speakers
and also something similar to Audio brand name > Premium don't remember exactly. I already installed and activated it on my facelift XF. Contact me, i will help you to activate it via teamviewer.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Cambo

My name is Matthew very interesting topic and I have the components except the Dab module, but I have installed the head unit and the amp with added fiber cable. Struggling with selecting the options when loading ccf files.

Do you perhaps know the options that need to be selected in order to load the correct CCF file with SDD. I AM struggling to choose the correct option in the list ,amplifier is not fitted ,reserve,,internal audio control module, audio 1 ,audio 2,audio3,audio4,single disc cd player,audio2b, reserved,audio2c,reserved,audio2d,reserved,error,

The option for RADIO,AMP AND SPEAKER SYSTEM is currently on AUDIO base 4x2, what should it be? high performance or premier system

will really appreciate you help on this one.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:59 AM

Hi sorry for such a late reply

Been battling and no reply from Cambo

Old 04-21-2020, 02:11 AM

Hi guys anyone knows what happened to Cambo

no replies to any messages

Old 05-19-2020, 08:11 AM
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Appreciate this is an old thread but may be some useful info for those of us with the mid-range audio system (320W Premium Sound, the EPC calls it). This system already has a cd player that drives an external amp, and all the speakers present in the car are already the B&W parts - there just aren't as many of them. To upgrade to the full B&W system all that's needed is the parcel shelf, amp, some wiring and 5 of the mid range speakers, part C2Z2287 - these are relatively cheap from the dealer! £20 each here. Wiring is still needed for the centre speaker in the dash and the parcel shelf. You will still need to cut holes in your doors for the midrange speakers as per Cambo's guide. Much less work involved but obviously also less of a benefit as you already had half the system there.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:08 PM

Hi sorry for the late reply.

Radio ,amp and speaker system / selection :Audio premium sound 5x130watts,12 speaker
Center speaker, dashboard / small center speaker
Subwoofer / subwoofer
Amplifier type / Reserved
Subwoofer / Stand alone Subwoofer is fitted
Internal audio control module / Reserved

These are the changes I made on my car and system is working fine . I did not add the Dab system and never got the new screen saver .
I hope this helps you.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:51 AM

Here I go bumping an old thread again...

There is a key piece of information missing from this thread about making up the loom for the centre speaker. You can take a parcel shelf speaker loom and modify it, this gives you the plug for the speaker and a decent length of wire, but you still need the pins to go in to the existing dashboard plug on the LH end of the dashboard. That connector is a Yazaki Kaizen YES plug part number 7282-5567-40 and the pins are part number 7114411202-T - you need 2. These need a suitable crimp tool to crimp them on the end of the wire.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:57 AM

Hi the two cables can be crimped directly as they do not terminated any where so they can even be cut off the plug and can fit spade connecters or crimp . That will be more cost effective than trying to source a plug.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:14 AM

Yep, depends on the approach you take. If you have access to the parts, crimping the 2 new terminals onto an existing speaker loom is a much neater, OEM style solution. The pins are 29p. Or you can hack up your stuff, up to you

Old 07-05-2020, 07:11 PM
Default 2 ohm or 4 0hm

Hi Cambo,

what is the impedance of the B&w yellow Kevlar speakers
8X23-18808-BA (midrange speaker for front door)
8X23-18808-AB ( base speaker front door) ?

does anyone else know?

thanks
pc

Old 07-06-2020, 12:16 AM

Hi Peter

I do not know the impedance

Regards
Matthew
hew

Old 07-06-2020, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Peter Chan
Hi Cambo,

what is the impedance of the B&w yellow Kevlar speakers
8X23-18808-BA (midrange speaker for front door)
8X23-18808-AB ( base speaker front door) ?

does anyone else know?

thanks
pc
-BA are 2ohms. Same unit used as midrange for front doors, centre speaker in dash and parcel shelf speakers. If no one answers in the next few days I will measure -AB when I next take my door cards off.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:13 PM

Thanks Toxo.
My stock door base speakers in the doors are 2 ohm. I Want to upgrade to 8X23-18808-AB , so will highly appreciate if anyone can confirm if 8X23-18808-AB are also 2 ohm.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2020, 04:50 AM
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Gents,

I have a background in electronics and would like to understand how you are measuring the impedance or calculating the impedance of the speakers. The impedance cannot be measured using a traditional multi-meter on a resistance setting. Impedance is a dynamic value that is dependent on the range of frequencies that are presented to the speaker winding (inductor) and filter capacitors.

My vehicle was converted by Cambo some years ago and I procured all of the components second hand. So if you have procured the matching amplifier and wiring looms (some of which Cambo made himself) and the matching speakers, then you will be on the right path. If you are adding speakers to an existing amplifier then you risk overloading the final output stage if you do not achieve the correct impedance by using the correct wiring looms. Two speakers in parallel will halve the impedance and will present a higher load (draw more current from) to the amplifier. Two of the same speakers in series will double the impedance and may not present sufficient load resulting in distortion at high volumes.

Just trying to be helpful in hoping that you avoid a less than satisfactory outcome for your Jags..

Old 07-07-2020, 04:55 AM

Yes just measured using resistance on a multi-meter. That's how I've always measured across a voice-coil - there is no inline passive crossover on that particular speaker so no capacitors were involved in the measurement.

I can't speak for the other guys in the thread but I'm retrofitting as per what Cambo has done for you. All original matching parts, no compatibility problems.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:48 AM

The stock speakers on the meridian 380w are clearly labeled as 2ohm, and made from paper cone. I want to upgrade to 8X23-18808-AB (Yellow Kevlar) but images of it online don’t indicate if it is 2ohm or 4 ohm. Hence will appreciate if anyone knows

Old 08-20-2020, 07:03 AM

There is one interesting side-effect of this retrofit that I had not considered, and that I have not seen anyone mention in this thread before... Having fitted the parcel shelf with the speakers in, now all I can see in my rear view mirror is the reflection of the speakers in the rear window lol

This is probably due to the tint in my rear window. I'm sure I'll cope

Old 12-03-2020, 05:34 PM

Hi Guys,

I want to make this retrofit; however, I'm having trouble with the extension piece for the MOST fiber optic network. I do not seem to have any place to connect this extension to, but there is an optic cable that fits the amplifier. Does anyone know where this extension should be connected and whether the cable that's already there will work?
Thanks

Old 12-03-2020, 05:51 PM

The optical connection in your photo normally plugs into a breakout loom. This breaks out into 3 places, DAB (depending on the age of the car, if it's early DAB is here, if it's later it's under the passenger seat) Amplifier and Satnav. TV can have a module on the optical network here too, if you have it. You will need an optical loom that daisy chains the units you install in the boot together, in the right order, to match your requirements.

An example of such a loom: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XF...cAAOSw1IhcDu-R

Quick Reply: 2008-2011 B&W Surround Retrofit from Base audio