XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury Questions

I have some quick questions about this model as we are looking at potentially trading my wife's LR3 for the Jag. I have researched the web about this model and year, but have a few questions that we are not clear about :

Was there a factory recall issued for the transmission stuck in park ? This is one common complaint I have been able to find while researching this car.

What other issues should we look for while validating the service history ?

The car we are looking at is Jaguar factory select certified until 3/30/15. Is this warranty comprehensive enough and comparable to the original 4yr 50K warranty ?

Does the 2009 premium luxury option include ventilated seats, backup camera and suede headliner for the year 09 ? We were not able to test drive the car today as the dealership had i in the service shop to fix the brakes etc, but at in a 2012 that had all these options.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Yes, check the carfax report to see if the gear selector has been replaced.

Premium model does include everything the headliner.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

As far as issues go. Taillights being ventilated and gearbox swap out are the 2 that I really know about.

Hmm the 09 has the suede headliner? Mine does not...although I think vehicles in the US compare to Canada have different standard options. The backup camera is standard in all trim lines I believe. My understanding was the ventilated seats and rear sunshade are hot climate temperature package and other things option packages include the blind spot monitoring and the HID headlights.

I have also heard that all Canadian cars were shipped with the heated windshield as well but not sure how much truth is in that. You will have to double check what options are on it.

Some things that come standard to my knowledge are: Headlight washers, backup camera, touch sensitive glove box and overhead lights, paddle shifters, usb and ipod connectivity. Specific to premium line: Leather seat back pockets (rather than netted) and keyless entry (should have black button on all 4 doorhandles)

Check for auto folding mirrors, rain sensing wipers, HID's, cooled seats, rear sunshade, bowers and wilkins stereo, heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated windshield (all probably don't matter in Florida haha). These were all options to my knowledge.

Hope that helps!

Enjoy the new ride!

Aaron

Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

Backup camera was not fitted to my base spec. Only the Canadian base cars were all fitted with the winter package, for at least the initial run: heated windshield, front seats and steering wheel, headlight washers and block heater. USB and iPod were not standard on the base model. The iPod connector came only with the single CD changer, the 6 disc changer only had an AUX input and no USB. My base came standard with rain sensing wipers and auto headlights. Bi-xenon headlights were optional and headlight washers were fitted if you ordered that option.

The 09 should have had the fuel filler flap opening mechanism replaced and the rear seat belt mounting checked, in addition to the transmission selector fault correction and the rear light modification.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

According the 2009 US sales brochure that I have, there were five optional items available for the premium luxury model:

1. Advanced Vision Pack - Bi-zenon headlamps with washers and auto leveling, front parking aid, rear camera parking aid, and side mirror blind spot monitors.

2. Warm Climate Pack - Active ventilated heated and cooled front seats, and an electrically operated rear-window sunblind.

3. Sirrus satellite radio.

4. Bowers and Wilkins 440 Watt audio system with a subwoofer and 13 speakers, a 6-disc in-dash changer, and a portable audio (ipod) input.

5. 20" Selena wheels with 235/35/ZR20 tires.

Otherwise, it came standard with 19" auriga wheels with 245/40/HR19 all-season tires, 3-stage heated front seats, and a heated steering wheel. It also came with only a 320W audio system with a single disc player and a portable audio (ipod) interface. A no-cost option for the 320W system was an in-dash 6-disc changer and no audio interface. There is no mention of a suede headliner or a heated windshield.

Last edited by Jerry S; 01-07-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: added other optional items
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Heated windshield has some vision drawbacks, though some people insist the wires are invisible. Your vision may differ as does mine. I can easily see the wires. This option is a bad idea unless you drive where winter conditions are severe enough to warrant putting up with the wires, such as where I drive and most Canadians do also. Most of the US would prefer unheated windshields if they were given the option.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Be sure to check the leather dash near the center speaker, as the dash material is known to buckle (especially when subject to extremely sunny climates). The only fix is replacing the dash at considerable cost.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by jagular
Heated windshield has some vision drawbacks, though some people insist the wires are invisible. Your vision may differ as does mine. I can easily see the wires. This option is a bad idea unless you drive where winter conditions are severe enough to warrant putting up with the wires, such as where I drive and most Canadians do also. Most of the US would prefer unheated windshields if they were given the option.
Yea there has ben much debate on the wires in the windshield and i DO see them however they are not a big destruction for me. In my area the benefit FAR outweighs the inconvenience. Probably not in Florida haha.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys, does anyone here know if the side mirrors from a 2010 xf fit a 2009 xf.
Thanks. Please check my gallery and rate my xf.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member

Should do. Production change was for 2012 models as far as I know. Any dealer can tell you if the part number changed and when.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2009 PL and I indeed did have the gearshift get stuck in park one day. It was a cold day and I had backed into a parking space, and when I started the car to leave, the gear selector would not move. As the car becomes "stuck" in Park if this should happen, the only thing you can do is pull the red release tab (under the center console) to get the car out of gear, and have it towed/flat-bedded to service. Jag covered the tow and repair. IIRC it was a materials replacement within the gearshift selector mechanism?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

i never had an issue with my XF being stuck in park. actually this is the first time ive heard of it.

Not sure if heated windsheild was offered....however YES you can kinda see the wires. the wires are VERY thin, hairlike stands with no color...but you can see them if you focus on them. Ive had a few people comment about it in my XJ.

i dont think ventilated seats were offered. backup cam was an option

Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
i never had an issue with my XF being stuck in park. actually this is the first time ive heard of it.

Not sure if heated windsheild was offered....however YES you can kinda see the wires. the wires are VERY thin, hairlike stands with no color...but you can see them if you focus on them. Ive had a few people comment about it in my XJ.

i dont think ventilated seats were offered. backup cam was an option
It was mainly an issue with the 09-10 XF's with some 11's hear and there from what I've seen posted on here. I was told it was a cold solder joint issue with the circuit board below the shifter. My dealer adviser told me he tried soldering the joint and it fixed the issue. Jaguar never reworked them though they replaced them with a new version supposedly supplied by a different manufacturer.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member

I have the 2009 brochure and ventilated seats were optional on Premium and Supercharged cars.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:32 PM

I have ventilated in my 09. Rear sunshade. Bowers. Don't know if my premium is missing any options. Think it's loaded.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jagular
I have the 2009 brochure and ventilated seats were optional on Premium and Supercharged cars.
That's interesting, the Canadian brochures must be different than the US version. Mine says the ventilated seats were standard on the S/C vehicles and were part of an optional warm climate package that also included a rear window sunblind for the Premium vehicles .

Old 02-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

We all got the winter package as standard: heated seat and windshield, headlight washers even with base halogen headlights and a nifty factory installed block heater (which I haven't used because we don't need to anymore with thin modern oil). So, ventilated sets were an option. Wonder if Florida got ventilated seats as standard? Sure!

Old 02-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

No ventilated seats as standard in Florida