XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2009 XF 97k miles DSC fault, transmission fault and electric brake fault

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 XF 97k miles DSC fault, transmission fault and electric brake fault

I have a 2009 jaguar xf with 97k miles on it recently had a new alternator put in back in October 2 years ago i had the J drive system replaced because it kept getting stuck in park ..now recently after upgrading the battery to a platinum battery (because i kept having to replace it ever couple months ) so i upgraded drove for a week with the new battery then it got really really cold out in like the low teens for 2 days straight so i go out and crack the car up now i have to smash the brake down and constantly wiggle the j drive lever to get it out of park then when that happen i get the dac fault park brake fualt notifications come on and transmission fault but from there the car still drives fine and the j drive leveler changes from park.drive neutral ect perfectly as long as i dont turn the car off when i do it starts all over again..stuck in park i wiggle the j drive ect it comes out of park and its fine again drive great ect .does anyone have any idea what this could be also i noticed my car doesnt read my keyfob it says its not available but when i put it in the key slot the car can crank up and its fine it just does recognize it for me to use the push botton start/stop capability..........any help out there please 🤷🏼‍♂️

Old 02-23-2020, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 627 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by VINCENT ALLEN
I have a 2009 jaguar xf with 97k miles on it recently had a new alternator put in back in October 2 years ago i had the J drive system replaced because it kept getting stuck in park ..now recently after upgrading the battery to a platinum battery (because i kept having to replace it ever couple months ) so i upgraded drove for a week with the new battery then it got really really cold out in like the low teens for 2 days straight so i go out and crack the car up now i have to smash the brake down and constantly wiggle the j drive lever to get it out of park then when that happen i get the dac fault park brake fualt notifications come on and transmission fault but from there the car still drives fine and the j drive leveler changes from park.drive neutral ect perfectly as long as i dont turn the car off when i do it starts all over again..stuck in park i wiggle the j drive ect it comes out of park and its fine again drive great ect .does anyone have any idea what this could be also i noticed my car doesnt read my keyfob it says its not available but when i put it in the key slot the car can crank up and its fine it just does recognize it for me to use the push botton start/stop capability..........any help out there please 🤷🏼‍♂️
Okay. Now that I have broken your post down into actual sentences (more or less; I think I got it right anyway), the first issue is that you have posted into the wrong forum. You have an XF and you have posted into the S-type forum.

That said, I cannot speak to the XF, but for the S-type, either a factory Jaguar alternator or a re-build of your original alternator is required as many (if not most) after market alternators lack the specific circuits necessary to properly regulate battery charging. With multiple battery failures in a relatively short time span, it sounds like an over charging, which may be "cooking" your battery, The other problems may be self-correcting once you get your electrical charging/voltage regulation/battery issues squared away.

I have asked the Admin, Graham, to move this post to the correct forum. No offense, but it looks like your post was written on a smart-phone; the forums are a more formal mode of communication and a lengthy run-on sentence, like the one you submitted, will often not get the desired response; forum members may tire of trying to puzzle out what you are actually trying to say...

Last edited by GGG; 02-24-2020 at 01:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GGG (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 01:30 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by VINCENT ALLEN
I have a 2009 jaguar xf with 97k miles on it ......
Welcome to the forums Vincent,

I've moved your post from S-Type forum to XF/XFR forum. This is the place to post technical questions about your model.r

I also suspect the alternator and this should be the first item to check and eliminate. It could be the unit itself not delivering sufficient output to maintain battery charge or perhaps a harness fault. The BMS (Battery Monitoring System) may also be a cause as the host of faults you report are typical of a partially discharged battery.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
S-Type Owner (02-24-2020)