XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2009 XF Supercharged having old-school electrical issues -Help me solve this mystery

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2009 XF Supercharged having old-school electrical issues -Help me solve this mystery

So I have a bunch of symptoms that I think are related... Let me know your thoughts:

Symptoms:
1) About once a week, my ambient temperature reading is about 40 degrees below actual. (I had the sensor replaced and it didn't change behavior.) This causes the cabin to try to adjust/blasts warm air and gets too warm. Turning the car on/off does NOT make this go away. It usually is gone the next day or two. It doesn't occur in the middle of the car being on. It's either wrong when I start or good.
2) At least two times per week, when I turn on the car, the computer never leaves the initial blank screen with the jaguar logo. Even if I wait a long time. Turning the car off/on immediately resolves the issue 100% of the time. (However the audio is muted until I turn the radio on/off after getting the computer back on.)
3) About once a week, the Bluetooth connection does not connect to my iPhone. Trying to change phones does not work/won't connect. It appears the Bluetooth connection is non-functional no matter the end device. This seems to go away after the car is powered off/on, though I haven't turned off the car specifically to fix this problem to see if it goes away immediately 100% of the time.

They don't seem to occur concurrently. It's never all three at once, for example.

My only thought so far based on reading through other forum computer issues: I hear that water can get into the Bluetooth-related module that is under the driver seat. There may be a correlation between how wet/humid it is outside and the frequency of occurrence of the above problems. Would a short there cause a mix of symptoms like the above?

My only other guess would be low battery voltage. I haven't spent a week keeping the battery on a battery-minder to see if the higher voltage level kept any of those issues from happening.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

The battery may be on it's way out. If it's more than a few years old I'd swap to something newer. Get the best battery you can find with a good warranty. I check/charge my battery religiously now and no longer have any issues. Every electrical gremlin has been related to the battery in my experience.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blackcoog:
rlentini (02-10-2017), tchamp (05-30-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
The battery may be on it's way out. If it's more than a few years old I'd swap to something newer. Get the best battery you can find with a good warranty. I check/charge my battery religiously now and no longer have any issues. Every electrical gremlin has been related to the battery in my experience.
Yes Sir!

The following users liked this post:
tchamp (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 04:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The answers to the middle of the dashboard screen don't cover my problem. The logo screen comes up switches to the avg mpg - changes easily from the left hand stalk. Will be driving (warm or cold) it will go blank. Come back on for longer than it went blank. In an hours driving time can happen twice. Very irregular. Dealer says wait till it's more permanent; so they can look for it. Any ideas or is it hat you have suggested? Love the car just concerned.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

You should start a new thread. Your problems don't seem to be related to the top post. By logo screen he meant the screen in the center of the dash. It sounds like the screen you are having issues with is the one between the gauges. Maybe look for a used gauge cluster from a junkyard to swap in. The gauges aren't difficult to remove.

The following users liked this post:
tchamp (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I wasn't sure of the description; but you called it. Are you aware of any "How to" instructions around? Is there a thread about this problem?

Thanks for the help.