XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2009 XF Supercharged Horn Inoperative

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 XF Supercharged Horn Inoperative

Hi all...first post...

My 2009 XF recently had an issue where the horn got "stuck" blaring whilst the car was parked and ignition was off.

Eventually the blaring horn became weaker and weaker and then stopped on it's own.

The problem is now the horn in the steering wheel does not work at all.

When I lock the car, the car still beeps letting me know the locks are engaged, however when driving, stationary, car on or car off the horn in the steering wheel does not work.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Again as my first time posting, I did try and search the forum before I posted but could not find anything for an XF of my year.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:44 PM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum ELB3MD,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to XF/XFR forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 10-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ELB3MD
Hi all...first post...

My 2009 XF recently had an issue where the horn got "stuck" blaring whilst the car was parked and ignition was off.

Eventually the blaring horn became weaker and weaker and then stopped on it's own.

The problem is now the horn in the steering wheel does not work at all.

When I lock the car, the car still beeps letting me know the locks are engaged, however when driving, stationary, car on or car off the horn in the steering wheel does not work.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Again as my first time posting, I did try and search the forum before I posted but could not find anything for an XF of my year.
The alarm and locking sounder is different than the regular horn. If I were to guess, I'd think something went seriously fubar with the horn itself, which is located between the front bumper and the driver's side wheel well (If I remember right). The alarm sounder is located in the very back of the engine compartment right in front of the windshield on the driver's side.
I'd say find a used horn assembly on ebay and swap it out to see if that fixes it. Should be pretty easy to do.