XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 Jaguar XF 3rd party car alarm install

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Jaguar XF 3rd party car alarm install

Hi this is my first post. After 7 months of of flawless ownership my jag made someone so jealous that psycho decided to vandalize it on my work's parking lot. This happened last Friday. They managed to rip off the cat's face of the grill and the leaping jaguar of the back and damage the paint doing so. I spent good time on Saturday to look for an alarm which would have shock sensor and proximity sensor, since factory installed alarm does not deter anyone unless they open a door or a hood etc. Does anyone here have a good idea about compatibility and perhaps even recommend the brand. I live in Calgary, AB maybe there is a good shop they would install it. I heard some horror storied about how unprofessional it may get with this. How computer can be fried etc. Any personal experience you may have please share it. It seems that higher end systems come with starters, which is a nightmare to install, so I am not even interested as much.
Any comments on your personal experience, suggestions please post.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Jag's seem to attract disrespect (I too live in Calgary). So far I have spent two deductibles getting repairs to damage caused by a parking lot hit and run and a mad skateboarder.

I am thinking of changing to a $100 deductible for my comprehensive coverage, retaining the higher deductible for collision.

I sense that people want to cut me off or race me more often when in my Jag than in other cars. It is a quite noticeable effect.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Airdrie, I need to change the personal setting, however I work in Calgary. I see that trucks are trying to race me on lights and stuff like that but I cannot say that overall people are hunting me down. In fact car gets so many accolades I feel like I won a prize. Anyone seeing the interior becomes just ecstatic.
I was devastated to be vandalized on work's parking lot. There are 300 plus people who are from different walks of life, but in a middle of the day, I even park on the side not to leave opportunity for dents. I cannot imagine stuff like that, that some psychopath wanted a trophy pieces from my car. If we go grocery shopping we do not mind do little walking. I had two BMWs before, had scratches on doors and a dents from people slamming their doors in, but that happens all the time I am hearing, to all makes. Someone who drives 1985 Honda accord or Ford Taurus has no boundary to respect other's property. I never met a person with with new car or high end model to slam doors in others. I guess that is a jealousy factor.
And yes my windshield is also cracked, it took 7 months driving the stretch of the highway between the Calgary and Airdrie.
I got pearl grey premium lux with charcoal seats. It is a beauty.
Have you thought about putting a viper or simlar alarm in? I just want punks not to touch the car, exisiting security does not provide for it and two way format notifies you what is going on in real time.
Nice to meet you by the way.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

I just rely on my insurance.

We have an Alfa Romeo and the front badge was ripped off while we were parked for a couple of hours at the ACAD parking lot at the Jubilee.

You can go crazy trying to beat the morons out there.

I am a lawyer and know how their infantile minds "work".