XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 Jaguar XF Premium NA 5.0....Code P0106.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Jaguar XF Premium NA 5.0....Code P0106.

Hello all,

Using an ODBII reader, code P0106 popped up for my Jag. The description for the code is as follows: Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Does anyone know if this is related to the throttle body on these cars? I have hesitation when accelerating from full stop, and somewhat poor shifting. The CEL comes on only intermittently. I'm thinking it could also be the battery, since it hasn't been changed since 2015.

Car only has 36k on it.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,564 Likes on 3,968 Posts

Why would you wonder about the TB?

Old 09-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

I have experienced problems using bluetooth OBDII scanners when paired with various apps. The worst is TorquePro. It caused gearbox faults and other issues frequently! As in I would park the car, come back to it and there would be a gearbox fault not allowing me to start the vehicle. It would let me clear the code and the car would then start, but I believe it was causing the issue somehow because when I removed the app from my device, there was no longer an issue, even though I left the OBDII scanner plugged into the car.

I switched over to DashCommander and have had much better performance from that app, but again, I recently began getting gearbox faults at startup which I have to clear with the scanner. I will disable the app to see if this remedies the problem as it did before with the TorquePro app. If that fixes the problem, then it is case of Jag software not being able to communicate effectively with the OBDII scanner when it is relaying information to the app and thereby tripping codes.