XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 Jaguar XFR Climate control Seat module LOCATION

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 01:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2010 Jaguar XFR Climate control Seat module LOCATION

Hey guys,

I have searched and searched - google, forums, diagrams etc. And I might be totally missing it, but I cannot for the life of me find the location of the driver side seat climate control (heated and cooled) module.

My research has indicated a mixed bag of locations ...such as under the seat cushion, on the floor pan, under the dashboard, under the passenger side seat.

I have undone the 4 seat bolts, and tilted the seat back to gain access to the underside of driver seat. I cannot find anything resembling the module. I have even removed a bit of carpeting, to uncover more modules, one of which including the TPMS module, but no seat (heated/cooled/climate) module.

Can anything spare any specific help as to its whereabouts? Trust me I have searched high and wide a number of threads and forums as well as imaged. But just cant seem to figure it out.

Its freezing here in Canada, and could use my heated seats back!!

Other info : Jaguar diagnosed the module as faulty, hence my motif to replace with new part. My heated steering does work, fwiw. But the passenger side heated and cooled functions do not work either .

Any help is appreciated.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Turtlepower
Hey guys,

I have searched and searched - google, forums, diagrams etc. And I might be totally missing it, but I cannot for the life of me find the location of the driver side seat climate control (heated and cooled) module.
My research has indicated a mixed bag of locations ...such as under the seat cushion, on the floor pan, under the dashboard, under the passenger side seat.
I have undone the 4 seat bolts, and tilted the seat back to gain access to the underside of driver seat. I cannot find anything resembling the module. I have even removed a bit of carpeting, to uncover more modules, one of which including the TPMS module, but no seat (heated/cooled/climate) module.
Can anything spare any specific help as to its whereabouts? Trust me I have searched high and wide a number of threads and forums as well as imaged. But just cant seem to figure it out.
Its freezing here in Canada, and could use my heated seats back!!
Other info : Jaguar diagnosed the module as faulty, hence my motif to replace with new part. My heated steering does work, fwiw. But the passenger side heated and cooled functions do not work either .
Any help is appreciated.

if you have the 4 bolts out and can tilt the seat enough to see and unplug (3 harnesses i think) then the location they plug into is likely the module they refer to. i think under driver's seat is much more wire harnesses as i believe the wiring to the passenger seat goes through the drivers. there are actually a few posts with info about the seats and the peltier modules on the forum. the individual parts and pieces of the seat are incredibly expensive and i just hope the diagnosis is correct so you aren't spending a pile of cash on a module that is just fine. have you checked fuses to seats? are power seat functions still ok?

Old 12-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey thanks for the info. I still have yet to find the module. And no post has a clear description of where it is exactly. The diagrams aren't clear and I don't see a single clear picture of where it is. I wish it was as easy as the common advice of "look under the seat for the harness".

Perhaps the module location is different based on whether the car has heated OR heated/cooled function. Mine being the latter.

Attached are a few videos of my Unsuccessful search for the holy module . Holy as in Holy **** I need my heated seats working because I live in Canada. HELP please!

Old 12-10-2019, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,231 Likes on 2,385 Posts

According to my copy of the 2010-2011 XFR Workshop Manual the seat heating is controlled by the ATC Module.
I couldn't find what that stands for but I'm guessing it is Automatic Temperature Control.
The mysterious ATC Module hides here (page 1712):
"ATC Module
Component Description
The ATC module is mounted on the outboard end of the air inlet duct, behind the front passenger side of the instrument panel.
The ATC module processes inputs from the TSD, the switches on the integrated control panel and the system sensors. In
response to these inputs, the ATC module outputs control signals to the A/C system and the heating and ventilation system.
Two electrical connectors provide the interface between the ATC module and the vehicle wiring. The ATC module uses hardwired
inputs from the system sensors, the LIN bus to communicate with the stepper motors and the medium speed CAN bus to
communicate with other control modules on the vehicle."
So not in or under the seat(s) at all no wonder you can't find it!
Of course my manual is for a RHD car so your ATC module could be on the passenger side or the driver side, who knows.
Get yourself a copy of the Manual from my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bet26xniua...kshop.pdf?dl=0

Edit - a little more searching through the Manual and I found this:

"Climate Control - Control Components - Overview
The climate control system is controlled by the ATC (automatic temperature control) module. It controls the heating and
ventilation system and the A/C (air conditioning) system to regulate the temperature, volume and distribution of air into the
passenger compartment. The system is a fully automatic dual zone system capable of maintaining individual temperature
levels selected for the LH (left-hand) and RH (right-hand) sides of the passenger compartment, up to a maximum differential
of approximately 3 ºC (5.4 ºF). Manual overrides for the system include inlet air source, blower speed and air distribution.
These selections can be made using either the soft switches on the home and climate control screens of the touch screen
display (TSD), or the switches on the integrated control panel.
The ATC module also controls:
The rear window heater.
The windshield heater (where fitted).
The exterior mirror heaters.
The seat heaters (where fitted).
The steering wheel heater."

So yep ATC = Automatic Temperature Control.

Last edited by OzXFR; 12-10-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

It's also worth bearing in mind that nearly every issue with the climate seats is caused by the peltier/fan combo units (2 per seat - one in the base, one in the seat back) - and usually the problem is an air leak in the flexible plastic tubing that connects the fan module to the peltier module - this means that during the self-test cycle when you first select heat, the control unit is seeing the peltier module get too hot because there isn't enough air flowing through it, so it shuts the system down.

Some have been able to repair this plastic piping, but the likelihood is if this fault has been there for a while enough self-test cycles without adequate airflow may have killed the unit entirely and will require replacement.

Just wanted to throw that out there because it's possible that the "module" the Dealership are referring to is one of these:

Circular part at the bottom is the fan with filter attached (check this isn't too dirty) and the rectangular unit at the top next to the gray connector is the peltier module which is essentially an electric heat transfer module - it has a heatsink inside and when you apply current one way it heats up, switch the polarity and it cools down.