XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 Jaguar XFR transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 12:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2010 Jaguar XFR transmission problem

Hey all, I’m new here and to the Jaguar world in general. A week ago I bought a 2010 Jaguar XFR from a dealer auction for a really good price, the auction didn’t mention it was an XFR and just sold it as a regular xf. Needless to say I fell in love with the car immediately even though she needs some cosmetic work there were no mechanical issues except for the transmission “lurch” when coming to a stop, that developed after a few spirited drives and the 2-3 shift when at full throttle would take about half a second and would jolt the car while it shifted. Once the car went into 3rd it kept pulling strong, Hoping to fix the lurch and shift issue I went ahead and ordered the service kit and finished the install earlier today. When I took the car out for a test drive everything was fine at first but when I went full throttle the car did not make the 2-3 shift at all and completely killed the pedal and gear shifter. I pulled over, scanned the car and pulled codes P0732 (incorrect gear ratio) and P0101 (mass airflow??). Once I cleared the codes I was able to drive home although the car seems to dislike the 2-3 shift even more now, it drove relatively fine. I’m hoping I either under filled the trans or overfilled. Any input would be appreciated, I love the car and im looking forward to doing power mods once the this issue is resolved. Thank you

Old 05-03-2024, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,371 Likes on 1,869 Posts

How did you fill the transmission? Did you measure the temperature like ZF requires? What fluid was used?
When you removed the pan (You did remove the pan right?) what did the fluid and magnet look like?

What's a service kit? Just fluid and a new filter/pan or shift solenoids and plate gaskets? Any Sonnax kits installed?
Check your sealing sleeve for leaking as that's a guarantee on the 6 speeds. Note this is a cheap part (About $20) but must be done with the pan removed so perfect when doing a fluid change.

No mileage so we don't have all the information either?
You may need a transmission rebuild.

Old 05-09-2024, 05:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Issue fixed

The trans was low on fluid. I didn’t hook up my scanner when refilling the transmission to check the temps like required, just gave it some time to warm up. Evidently it was not enough time. Once I let her get up to temp the transmission took approximately another quart of fluid. Since then I’ve been driving it around town and just yesterday took it on its first long drive, about 100 miles round trip. The car preformed flawlessly. Several wide open throttle pulls both from a roll and from a stop. The Lurch is gone and the 2-3 shift is buttery smooth.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jmos:
2010XFPushBrakeHarderToStart (05-10-2024), OzXFR (05-09-2024)