XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 XF Defrost Vent Trim Part #

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 XF Defrost Vent Trim Part #

Hi,

I called my local dealer to order the defrost vent trim but they told me that the part is not available to purchase separately, I have to buy the whole new dashboard which doesn't make any sense. If anyone know the part # or know where I can buy it, please let me know. Really appreciate it.

Picture of the used part on eBay.
2010 Jaguar XF Windshield Defrost Vent Strip 8X23-F046B63 | eBay

TIA

Old 04-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

It's entirely possible that Jaguar don't sell the part separately, there's many instances of this I can think of - in this case your best bet really is on the used market, e.g. eBay. It's worth contacting sellers who are obviously breaking the whole car although I'm guessing most would prefer to sell the dash whole, but at least you'll get it cheaper than the dealers. Maybe look for one that's had the leather peeling up issue and has been replaced...

Old 04-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by dv007
Hi,

I called my local dealer to order the defrost vent trim but they told me that the part is not available to purchase separately, I have to buy the whole new dashboard which doesn't make any sense. If anyone know the part # or know where I can buy it, please let me know. Really appreciate it.

Picture of the used part on eBay.
2010 Jaguar XF Windshield Defrost Vent Strip 8X23-F046B63 | eBay

TIA
They won't sell and there is no part number. The dealer is correct you have to buy the whole dash. I know this cause I had my defrost vent turned into a gauge pod so I can read things like coolant, intake temp, boost etc...

I went on eBay and wrote every seller Thad had a crashed XF and asked to pull it out of the dash. I was successful and only charged $20. I could have used mine but I wanted another incase I sell the car and someone doesn't want the gauges in it.