XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 XFR/pulleys/add on intercooler/pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 08:01 PM
Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 2010 XFR/pulleys/add on intercooler/pump

I am going to attempt to install the 170mm (11.9%) lower pulley and the improved Bosch pump with a 17x11x2.5 auxillary intercooler radiator. I will be adding a fan to assist in cooling and keeping the original airflow to the condenser/intercooler radiator/radiator. I will have a thermostatic setup to come on once the 2nd intercooler radiator gets warm enough. Doing the waterpump since I'm there. Luckily I chose a griptec pulley originally which is easy to change sizes and I will start with a stock upper pulley size. Then I will start stepping the upper pulley down and getting data to ensure fueling/timing/maf/etc is correct as I push the S/C ensuring the tune is adjusting for it all. I also want to monitor the intercooler temps to make sure I can get rid of the extra heat. So my question is does anyone know what the coolant temp going into the actual charge coolers would be? What is considered "too hot" for the intercooler system? I'm looking for a temperature baseline to set the thermostat.

The following users liked this post:
DeviLSh (01-08-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 10:40 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

getting ready to add the upper pulley charge cooler and pump from mike at eurotoys. He doesnt have a pump so im going with the bosch. just unsure what people are doing for bracket and wire plug?

Old 01-13-2022, 02:39 AM

I bought mine through Intercooler Pipe Fabrication,
it came with a harness and mount. I think.it was an extra 4 bucks.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:57 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

go faster you got the pump and all through them? didn't see pump

Old 01-13-2022, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by wimmer
So after toying with this thing all day...I would forget a mount kit. I cut the top rubber mount

Pump comparison

Rubber mount cut and clamped to new pump.

Then used a clamp to attach it to the new pump, very snug and now I have the factory bolt hole. Did a similar method to the bottom one, trimmed it to fit the new pumps bottom, then used a wire tie to.make sure it stayed flush against the bottom.
I wanted to keep mine in its original location and the mounting kit would not do that for me.

Last edited by GoFaster; 01-13-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by wimmer
Here is a screenshot of their page. Part#WAT001001.

From their page

Old 01-13-2022, 04:24 PM

Got the lower pulley (what a pain in the rear), water pump, intercooler pump, New Aux radiator added (kept old one as well), and high flow slim fit fan. Now I am waiting on the thermostatic controller for the fan, and a 1/8 one way check valve...
Why a check valve you say?...... Lets talk water pumps... the water pump has a little plastic elbow, and after 12yrs...a little bump was all it took for it to snap right off. They also are pretty difficult to get apparently. So I tapped it and put in a fitting.....but wait...there's more (always is from Jaguar) as I was looking at the little elbow...I discovered it's also a check valve
..dont know why, but obviously Jag thinks its important, so I ordered some check valves.

New lower, small upper, and that fitting to replace that ridiculous plastic slip in elbow in the water pump.

The fitting again lol

Mounted view sans bumper cover

Top view

Underneath, had to relocate horns.

Made the brackets from aluminum and polished them.

You can see the pump in its stock location.

Reaxions (04-05-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 09:49 PM
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Subscribed. Glad to see some other mod focused enthusiasts here. Not a whole lot of us.

Very interested on the data shared here, max temps, etc.

I have the upper pulley installed on my 2011 (2010 and 2011 have mechanical boost regulation). I have the Mina lower sitting on my desk, and will be doing a charger pump and hopefully an all aluminum intercooler and closing the loop between coolant for rad/intercooler this spring.

Have you replaced the major plastic components in the cooling system? This (and our early cars timing chain guides) are the only real issues with these cars. While you have your car apart I would do as much as you can for preventative maintenance. The crossover pipes and intercooler lines on my car had made contact with the belts on the car and had failed or were on the brink of failure. I did basically everything for piece of mind. Devin (Devilish) did a really good write up with parts numbers.

Lastly check the model water pump you have they are a common failure and have gone through two design updates.

Last edited by VicVegas84; 01-16-2022 at 09:59 PM.
GoFaster (01-16-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 10:35 PM

So far I have been lucky with the tensioners and chain, no noise. If I get to that point I suppose I will buy the cam timing tools and give it a whirl. I would also send off the supercharger for refresh and maybe porting. Once I get data going I will share the info on temps and driveability. It went 11.95 with some spinning and trapped at 122mph with just the top pulley and a tune, it weighs 4520 with me and 1/2 tank of fuel. Hope this pulley/intercooler wakes the old girl up.

VicVegas84 (01-16-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 11:59 PM
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

To follow up on the check valve, I remember going through all the parts in the cooling system diagram and fiddling with that part before replacing it and I came to the conclusion it was part of the self bleeding system to remove air from the system. Could be wrong but I'm pretty confident that's it's purpose 👍

GoFaster (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by VicVegas84
To follow up on the check valve, I remember going through all the parts in the cooling system diagram and fiddling with that part before replacing it and I came to the conclusion it was part of the self bleeding system to remove air from the system. Could be wrong but I'm pretty confident that's it's purpose 👍

Thank you, that makes sense. The new check valve must work, had no real issues with refilling the system. I like to know what the parts and pieces are for... understanding the what's and whys make it easier to develop workarounds.

VicVegas84 (01-21-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:38 PM
Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

I think I found an even betterererer upgrade for cooling! I'm just going to mount this (Audi OEM) in front of everything as a heat exchanger and hold it in place with zip ties. I'm pretty sure I can pipe it through the frame. Aesthetics, aerodynamics, and safety be damned!!!

Old 05-04-2022, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Reaxions
I think I found an even betterererer upgrade for cooling! I'm just going to mount this (Audi OEM) in front of everything as a heat exchanger and hold it in place with zip ties. I'm pretty sure I can pipe it through the frame. Aesthetics, aerodynamics, and safety be damned!!!

can you mount that on top of the intercooler slots?

Old 05-04-2022, 01:22 PM

Ha-ha! No, it's way too big! I was just being stupid. I was moving some stuff around in my garage and saw the box it was in, and couldn't remember the size, so before I saw the dimensions I was toying with the idea of potentially swapping them out or adding it to the front, but it's a non-starter. Even if it was a candidate for swapping, it would take too much time and effort to custom fit it, assuming it would even be any better.

I'm still waiting for Mina Galley and Allisport to get back with me regarding options, but I'm growing impatient, so I might just do something similar to what you did.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Reaxions
Ha-ha! No, it's way too big! I was just being stupid. I was moving some stuff around in my garage and saw the box it was in, and couldn't remember the size, so before I saw the dimensions I was toying with the idea of potentially swapping them out or adding it to the front, but it's a non-starter. Even if it was a candidate for swapping, it would take too much time and effort to custom fit it, assuming it would even be any better.

I'm still waiting for Mina Galley and Allisport to get back with me regarding options, but I'm growing impatient, so I might just do something similar to what you did.
I knew you were joking. I added the extra one to mine which wasn't difficult since the bumper cover removal gives pretty good access to.everything. So far my temps stay really cool.and total price was less than $500

Reaxions (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 08:26 PM

I'm still trying to decide on a heat exchanger/fan setup to put in front of everything else. Chris at Mina still hasn't gotten back to me on his heat exchanger, so I'm probably either going to go for an Afco all-in-one kit (made for Camaro ZL1) or build my own kit from various available options. There's a ton of the cheap ebay Chinese stuff I've seen a few times on this forum, but the last thing I want to do is have to replace it when it explodes, and to the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever shared many details on their setup, including durability, longevity, etc. Any suggestions which someone already knows will fit with no major modifications?

I was thinking about also adding meth, but I'm not drag racing my car, so I'm looking more for traffic-type solution. I might still give meth a whirl since I've already got the SC charge cooler pulled off (I'll pull the rest of the SC soon) and I'm doing some electric work anyway.

Last edited by Reaxions; 05-05-2022 at 09:28 AM.