XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2011 Jaguar XF best mods.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 11:48 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by axr6
Yes and No.

I have a link and pictures of the spacers (Excellent quality, made in Germany), but no pictures of my car. Since I am away from home and driving my XJL, no way to snap a picture. The spacers will simply move the wheels/tires OUT to an aggressive stance that is very much noticeable for the difference they make. Even my wife noticed it positively where she usually does not pick up on minor visual changes.

H&R Wheel Spacers For Jaguar Cabrio 2007-up 20mm (4035633)

I had used these on my '08 XK before I traded that car and they work fine on the XF, as well.

Albert
The link you posted shows only the 20mm spacers. I have a 2011 xf premium. Thought you mentioned the 15mm for front and the 20mm for rear? Any reason why they are different.. Or why you recommend different size mm from front to rear? Also is it worth it? Will I even be able to tell? Thanks!!!

Last edited by JagVonder; 01-18-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JagVonder

The link you posted shows only the 20mm spacers. I have a 2011 xf premium. Thought you mentioned the 15mm for front and the 20mm for rear? Any reason why they are different.. Or why you recommend different size mm from front to rear? Also is it worth it? Will I even be able to tell? Thanks!!!
Depends on your current offsets. If your rear offset is 66 I would go with a max of 30mm. That would put your rear wheel out the same as if you have a 10 inch wide with a 42mm offset aftermarket wheel.

Last edited by chXFS; 01-19-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by chXFS
Depends on your current offsets. If your rear offset is 66 I would go with a max of 30mm. That would put your rear wheel out the same as if you have a 10 inch wide with a 42mm offset aftermarket wheel.
Admittedly I am a TOTAL newbie lol. I have the 2011 xf premium stock wheels tires and rims. So however they came is how I currently have them. I'm wondering what, if any thing at all I should do for cosmetic purposes. 15 front and 20 rear or same on both or nothing lol?

Thoughts?

Old 01-19-2014, 06:30 PM

Admittedly I am a TOTAL newbie lol. I have the 2011 xf premium stock wheels tires and rims. So however they came is how I currently have them. I'm wondering what, if any thing at all I should do for cosmetic purposes. 15 front and 20 rear or same on both or nothing lol? Thoughts?
You have 19x8.5 wheels with 49 offset front and rear. With 20mm in the back you would notice a difference. But you still would have room for added mm if you wanted the wheels flush with the fender. All this depends on how aggressive you want the car to look. Start doing searches, you will see plenty of forum members with different wheel combos. So the answer is yes, 20mm for the rear is fine and you can go15mm or 20mm on the front. It's all has to do with the look your going for.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:14 PM

You have 19x8.5 wheels with 49 offset front and rear. With 20mm in the back you would notice a difference. But you still would have room for added mm if you wanted the wheels flush with the fender. All this depends on how aggressive you want the car to look. Start doing searches, you will see plenty of forum members with different wheel combos. So the answer is yes, 20mm for the rear is fine and you can go15mm or 20mm on the front. It's all has to do with the look your going for.

Thanks! Ok so 20 in the rear I suppose and not sure bout the front. The look I'm going for is "nice". I don't want one of those ricers lol, where the wheels are waay out. Just want it to look cooler than stock is all. That said.. Is there any reason why Albert suggested originally to go 20'rear and 15 front? Why not both 15?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 PM

Thanks! Ok so 20 in the rear I suppose and not sure bout the front. The look I'm going for is "nice". I don't want one of those ricers lol, where the wheels are waay out. Just want it to look cooler than stock is all. That said.. Is there any reason why Albert suggested originally to go 20'rear and 15 front? Why not both 15?
IMO 15mm rear would not even be worth it. Remember, you don't have a 9.5 wide wheel on the rear. Even if you had a 9.5 I wouldn't do it. 20mm would be the least I would even consider. If you really want to see what mm to use front and back. Take a long enough wood ruler and place flush against your wheel vertically so the ruler is inside the fender. It can be a stick or anything else that is flat and straight. Then, measure from the inside fender to the stick you used. That will tell you how much room you have before your outside your fender. There is 25.4mm in a inch. You will see there is plenty of room. It might help to take a few measurements, not just dead center of the wheel.

The following users liked this post:
JagVonder (01-26-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 11:42 PM

Here is a XF with spacers. Scroll to the gallery images.
http://gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?...4#!prettyPhoto

jaguny (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 04:16 PM

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 PM

Another question..

I've heard spacers are potentially not god for your car? Ruin wheel bearings.. are not safe? ETC?

Any truth to this?

Also what benefits aside from looking cool does this provide?
And negatives by adding spacers?

Any reason to have higher MM on rear than in front? Any reason not to?

Thanks everyone Appreciate it!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM

Another question..

I've heard spacers are potentially not god for your car? Ruin wheel bearings.. are not safe? ETC?

Any truth to this?

Can't help you here. This has been covered in previous threads. Search button is your friend. Also, google would answer and give you many different opinions.

JagVonder (01-21-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Another question..

Any truth to this?

Sorry for not answering sooner, I simply missed your post.

These spacers are NOT going to ruin you bearings. There are some really cheap spacers for cheap installations that had a lot of loose play in them and those COULD damage bearings. These are top quality spacers.

The reason I fit 15mm and 20mm because I measured the stock tire distance from the fender and used those measurements to determine what thickness would bring the tires out to near-flush with the fenders while still not touching in case you hit a bump. I actually originally ordered 2 set of 20mm but, when I installed them on the fronts they were just a bit too far out for my liking.

Yes, you will definitely notice a more aggressive look with the wheels out. Heck, my wife even noticed and like it. She usually would not notice if a wheel fell off her car while driving.

Yes, they do make a detectable difference in handing simply because they widen the "track"by 30F, 40mm rear. Wider track usually associated with more stable cornering behavior.

One advice from my experiences with these spacers; the mounting nuts that come with the kit are fairly short. Thus, when you go and tighten them (torque them to 90lbs) your socket can actually slip off and round some of the hex sides of the nut. If that happens the nuts are pretty much useless. To prevent that rounding off, I used the thinnest walled socket in my possession and rounded (grinded) the leading edge of the socket so that it fits the contours of the holes in the spacers so that the socket would sit as deep as possible during the torquing process. One more: never allow anyone to use power tools to install or take off those nuts. Those ratcheting tools will surely round off the nuts.

Albert

Last edited by axr6; 01-22-2014 at 09:33 AM.
JagVonder (01-26-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whilst not necessarily ruining the bearings, the use of any spacers will still increase the static and dynamic loading of the wheel bearings.
Blame the laws of physics - moving the centreline of the wheel/tyre further out from the centreline of the bearing must increase the moment applied to the bearing proportionally.

Having said that, the car does look so much better with spacers!

Old 01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Received 62 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by axr6

The reason I fit 15mm and 20mm because I measured the stock tire distance from the fender and used those measurements to determine what thickness would bring the tires out to near-flush with the fenders while still not touching in case you hit a bump. I actually originally ordered 2 set of 20mm but, when I installed them on the fronts they were just a bit too far out for my liking.
I've been thinking about installing spacers on my 2011 XF as well.... I'd LOVE to see some pictures of your car with the spacers installed so I can get an idea of what to expect. Did you have to grind down the stock studs at all?

Just an FYI for the forum, the cheapest I've been able to find the H&R spacers is here:

H&R 4035633 TRAK+ Wheel Spacer DRM Pair 20mm Jaguar S-TYPE 2000-2008

H&R 3035634 TRAK+ Wheel Spacer DRM Pair 15mm Jaguar XF 2009-2012

(these are both 5x108 bolt pattern for the XF)

JagVonder (01-26-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 895 Posts

Why not paint your calipers while you are at it? I had it done for my XF, I thought it looked amazing. And it was a cheap mod, no warranty issues. Some people do it themselves but I have no such skills.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Jaguar XF best mods.-002.jpg  
Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM

What kind of paint?

Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 895 Posts

Caliper paint. You can get it from the auto shop, it is meant to withstand the high heat. You can do the brakes while they are still on the car, but you have to really clean them up first. I had mine taken off and properly cleaned first. Apparently it is a bit of a production getting them off, which is one reason why I wouldn't try it myself. The brakes show up the dust more (if you do them red or yellow or whatever) but it washed off fine. The front brakes in particular look good, because they are huge. The rear ones, not so much because they are surprisingly small in comparison.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

G2 Brake Caliper Paint is a great product, just did my calipers this past weekend. The kit has just about everything you need with the exception of a wire brush, masking tape and I purchased some bigger and better brushes. Other than that the only other mods I've done are the 22" wheels, Growler center caps and LED license plate lights, oh and Jag license plate frame. The only other mod I plan on doing is the DRL LED blades in the lower bumper and possibly a chip for add'l HP and speed governor eliminator.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Jaguar XF best mods.-20140122_171556.jpg   2011 Jaguar XF best mods.-20140122_171625.jpg   2011 Jaguar XF best mods.-20140122_171640.jpg   2011 Jaguar XF best mods.-20140122_171528.jpg  
The following 6 users liked this post by RodTee XF:
2010 Kyanite XFR (02-14-2014), Ajay Mann (01-22-2014), axr6 (01-28-2014), blrx7r1 (01-31-2014), fabfive (01-22-2014), WRXtranceformed (01-22-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by RodTee XF
G2 Brake Caliper Paint is a great product, just did my calipers this past weekend. The kit has just about everything you need with the exception of a wire brush, masking tape and I purchased some bigger and better brushes. Other than that the only other mods I've done are the 22" wheels, Growler center caps and LED license plate lights, oh and Jag license plate frame. The only other mod I plan on doing is the DRL LED blades in the lower bumper and possibly a chip for add'l HP and speed governor eliminator.
I have used the G2 kit on several vehicles including my last one. It is definitely the best one I have found out there. Some of the others will fade or peel / chip off after time. The G2 kit has a chemical you pour into the paint before you use it. It causes it to bond into a really hard and protective skin. You can bang it with a wrench and it won't chip off.

RodTee XF (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 07:00 PM

Has anyone tried intakes on the NA v8 5l ?? what brand and whats the cost ?
P.S did u guys get any performance out of it? any problem with the electronics of the car ??

Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by RodTee XF
Thats a nice looking set of wheels Have u looked in to chipping yet whats the cost and performance gains ?? I mean what have they told u in terms of performance with chipping

RodTee XF (01-22-2014)

Quick Reply: 2011 Jaguar XF best mods.