XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2011 XFR Interior Lighting help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 XFR Interior Lighting help

I have 2011 XFR with the illuminated door sills (tread plates). I have no idea why, but I keep blowing the fuse for the interior lights. I have access to Mitchell 1 repair, but it seems to have limited information beyond fuse location. Everything worked fine until I had a flat the other day. Pulled the spare, drove to my buddy's shop, fix the nail in the tire and everything was fine. All of the sudden, a day or two later, I'm blowing fuses.

According to what I have been able to find there should be nothing in the rear fuse panel that I might have bumped that would cause an issues. Please help.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,274 Likes on 2,416 Posts

I have no idea what is causing your problem, but I too blew the interior lighting fuse on my 2010 XFR, twice.
Both times it was entirely my fault, I tried to fit small LED globes in the driver's sunvisor mirror lights, they were a tight fit and both times they shorted out against the metal backing plate due to my clumsy attempts at fitting.
It took me ages to find the correct fuse the first time as the Owner Handbook showed the same as your pic but it wasn't that fuse at all, instead it was a 10 amp fuse somewhere else. I had to pull a whole bunch of fuses one at a time before I found the correct one!
Anyway, all I can suggest is that you try a reset of the interior lighting.
Remove any one of the three light globes/bulbs in the centre overhead light panel, leave it out for a couple of minutes, then replace it.
The interior lights now should no longer come on automatically when you open a door.
Now hold a hand up to the centre light panel for 3 or 4 seconds, until you get a double flash of the lights. This should reset the interior lights to "auto on".
A faint chance this will fix your problem but worth a try!

Edit - thinking about it a little more you don't need to remove a globe/bulb to turn auto on "off", just hold a mitt up to the centre light panel for 3 or 4 seconds.
Then wait awhile and do it again to turn auto on back on.

Last edited by OzXFR; 07-27-2020 at 11:00 PM.