XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2012 Audio/Stereo problem... No audio ocassionally

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanov
Just happened again (sigh). Conditions were as follows: have an iPhone 5 and is paired with car. Also plugged in (for charging) to USB port (possibly same port as MY11's 'iPod' port).

Turn on audio, but choose iPhone 5 muswic and then realise that I really wanted direct 'iPod' connection, so switched before music plays.

No sound - initially disappears instantly. Unplug iPhone, plug back in, sound still no go (am driving, so couldn't turn off engine etc). However, Bluetooth is happy to stream, though very fitfully (1 or 2 seconds followed by gap of 2-3 seconds).

Okay, so to resolve this, I unpaired phone, plugged it back in. Okay with direct iPod/USB sound. Indeed, this will resolve the issue 100% of the time.

The only snag is that then my phone is no longer paired/connected. So after 5 minutes of continuous driving, I went to pair the phone again (I was expecting calls). And again, sound went on the direct USB/iPod source, and Bluetooth streaming back to being fitful.

The only solution I found was to stop the car, unpair the phone, turn off the engine, unplug the phone, and start all over.

It's all very frustrating, since it appears to be a software issue: but the dealers where I live are clueless about the whole thing - possibly because there are too few XF owners in the region.
I have the same problem with my 2012 XFR. Very frustrating, because as you mentioned, the local techs are clueless. It is a shame that in such a nice car, the navigation technology is years behind the competition for responsiveness.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Default Xk 2011

Same thing just happened to me this morning, first time. Screen full functioning, but no sound from any source....its sitting in the garage while I wait to reboot. Fingers crossed.....

Old 08-08-2013, 04:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. Its happened to me so many times I have have time to try things to sort it out.
I've found the amplifier in the boot is powered all the time and holds the settings for different speaker setups. But these settings become corrupt and don't get refreshed until the car is left off for a hour or so.
I found a quick way to fix the no sound is to pull the power off and on to the amp.
Underneath the left carpeted panel in the boot you will find the amp (see picture)
2012 Audio/Stereo problem... No audio ocassionally-amp1.jpg
The large plug on the left (black,Grey-red) is the main power feed. But also the green plug with two small black and grey-red wires are the remote power on which also shuts down the amp when removed.
What I'm looking for now is an ignition wire to feed into the green plug maybe through a relay so the amp is not powered when the engine and ignition are off.

with

Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Default How to reset audio

I have had the same problem with my 2011 XJL and have been tracking possible causes and eliminating others. I uninstalled the iPhone and the problem did not resolve itself, so its not an iPhone issue. Parking the car for 20 minutes and then restarting resolves the issue but what a nuisance. I feel that it is a software issue that needs to be fixed by Jaguar. However the good news is that I discovered a quick way to reset the audio system. When you start the car and realize the audio fails, then turn off the engine. Get out of the car and close the door. Observe the instrument and navigation screens through the window that they are beginning to shut down. Take the clicker and lock the car and observe that the screens went dark. Now unlock the car with the clicker, get in, start the engine, and the audio will boot up as it should.

I suspect that this problem is a software issue related to the security system.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 PM

After my dealership was not able to replicate or fix the problem in multiple trips, they sent my complaint to Jaguar of North America. I was informed by them that there is two TSB's for this very issue They set up the appointment at my dealership and now my problem (knock on wood) has been rectified. Still unclear to me how the dealership was not aware of this as a problem and that TSB's had been issued. Anyway, now I wish they could fix the rattle in the sunroof!

Old 10-31-2013, 05:55 AM
Default TSBs for audio problem

Would you please share with us the numbers for the two TSBs as my dealer never heard of them either. Thanks for the information

Old 10-31-2013, 05:58 AM
Default rattle in roof

There was a recall for the rattle in the roof. It took about two hours for them to remove the headliner and put shims in the sunroof mounts. It is about 75% improved.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:08 PM

All they stated on the report was INOP-TECH BULLETIN, (See Below):
You may want to reach out to Jaguar NA if you feel your still stuck in mud

Our technicians recommend the following services for your vehicle.
Recommended Services
Original Customer Requests Status Declined Approved
A. CUST STATES THE AUDIO IS INOP-TECH BULLETIN
B. RENTAL CAR X
C. MULTI POINT INSP X

Old 05-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Default No Audio +

Had my car 3 months and got in yesterday put it into reverse, no reverse camera, no audio, no sat Nav, no phone . I took it to the dealer who joked it could have been hit by lightning, it didn't have me rolling in the aisles. He said that the usual thing was to lock the car and wait a while and that should reboot it, it didn't . They took it into the garage and tested it for 30 mins and decided it needed to be booked in, so it is booked in 2 weeks from now. They are ordering a new audio unit just in case it needs replacing. Watch this space.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:26 PM
tjs
Default Radio problems

Just today I started the car and none of the stations that had been selected for FM1, FM2 or AM were still selected. All of the stations that were selected had been changed to just dashes.

Additionally, the radio does not allow me to select stations. The CD player still works but the radio does not. Further, recently I've noticed that the Bluetooth for my IPhone 6 cuts out regularly and sends a message to reset. This happens two or three times each time I drive the car.

Any ideas?

Old 05-25-2015, 10:59 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I noticed something similar.
My car would not connect to the bluetooth on my phone (iphone) and did not play any music.

Noticed it only happened when i had a cd in the car. I only had mp3 cds.

So I took the cd out.
Restarted car and everything worked again.
Dont know if its related in any way?

Old 05-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Similar happened to me. They re-flashed the audio module as per a TSB and all is well.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you ever get this rectified? Our 2011 xjl has the same issue. We think we finally narrowed it down to incoming calls. If your phone is connected, and a call comes in, say bye bye to your audio. We can call out and use all the other features, but incoming and you're done.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Default I think its a satellite issue with Sirius

Originally Posted by cdnscg
I had a similar issue with my 2012 XFR, however, the only thing that would have sound was the Sirius stations. They dealer performed a software of firmware update, and all is fine with the sound. One problem I do have, is the POI icon button in the service menu is blanked out. I cannot access the POI so they show up on the Nav.
my radio, cd and dvd were muted but I was getting a free preview weekend from Sirius xm.

coincidence... i think not

Old 11-14-2018, 09:00 AM

hi

i have stereo problem ,video and navigation options are not shown on the screen

Old 12-13-2019, 08:50 PM

All my audio (radio, CD players, phone, NAV voice) went out a month ago, but the NAV video worked just fine. Some bloke in the UK suggested iPhone contact list synching plugs up the D2B network. I unplugged the neg battery cable for 10 minutes and all systems back to normal again. I will monitor how long it lasts and have since turned off auto-synching on the iPhone. I don't want to have to reinitialize all the Jag systems everytime I want to go somewhere. Several people suggested turning the key to position II and pausing for 8-10 seconds before fulling starting the vehicle....to give the D2B network a chance to clean itself up and get audio to all departments.