XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2012 Jaguar XFR Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by yidal8
I did the ETG tune only on my 2011 5.0 S/C more than a year ago. I love it. The car is now 'a refined sleeper beast' .Since ETG claims tune alone will bring the S/C or XFR to the ~550HP level, I would expect the pulley + tune to come close to 600HP or even higher.

It would have been ideal if after baseline pull you did a tune first, compare pull to stock, than do another tune after the pulley and pull again and compare all stages. yes, you have to do 2 tunes, but could worked something out with ETG...........
Why would that have been ideal for my goals???

If I was truly considering just the tune only, then yest I agree with you... but I had made up my mind to do a tune and pulley... so...

Stock
Pulley and Exhaust
Tune

Seems like the most practical order for doing my dynos to actually quantify my gains...

Old 01-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm hoping that you didn't spend much more than $300 for this kind of mild power increase. I would expect to see a 20-30rwhp/40-50rwtq increase with a tune alone.

I am certainly not going the route of $1000+ for pulley and tune for 50lb/ft of tq.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:26 AM

^^^
So at this point the results you are seeing are with no tune.
Stock Dyno (Before)
Pulley and Exhaust (which is the one you are commenting on) Dyno (After)
Tune is yet to come. (Final)

The gains you are seeing (before and after) are a direct result of the pulley and exhaust (pulley mainly).

Old 01-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi,
Any news on the final tune????

Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 AM

No tune installed yet...

I'm trying to decide between a couple of different tuners...
ETG
RICA
and a local tuner

I have all the info I need for ETG, the pricing and high satisfaction by its users have it as number 1 currently, along with a dealer being about 3hrs away make it some what appealing

Rica, waiting on finalized pricing and how viable it really is as an option, given it would involve me shipping them my ECU. And they're in Europe (Netherlands). Shipping time would be a concern, but I can make arrangements as necessary...

Local Tuner has tuned a variety of European cars, and they are offering an ECU & TCU tune for less than the price of the ETG ECU Tune... The appeal of them being local to me has them as a very close 2nd.

I have prior experience with RICA, as they are a very reputable Volvo tuner, and I have personally experienced their tunes first hand... I expect a decision will be made during this week...

I have completely ruled out Eurocharged...

Will update once I pull the trigger, but like I said it will probably be this week...

Old 01-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by H.Jones
No tune installed yet... I'm trying to decide between a couple of different tuners... ETG RICA and a local tuner I have all the info I need for ETG, the pricing and high satisfaction by its users have it as number 1 currently, along with a dealer being about 3hrs away make it some what appealing Rica, waiting on finalized pricing and how viable it really is as an option, given it would involve me shipping them my ECU. And they're in Europe (Netherlands). Shipping time would be a concern, but I can make arrangements as necessary... Local Tuner has tuned a variety of European cars, and they are offering an ECU & TCU tune for less than the price of the ETG ECU Tune... The appeal of them being local to me has them as a very close 2nd. I have prior experience with RICA, as they are a very reputable Volvo tuner, and I have personally experienced their tunes first hand... I expect a decision will be made during this week... I have completely ruled out Eurocharged... Will update once I pull the trigger, but like I said it will probably be this week...
I would very interested if your local tuner can do anything with the TCU. I don't think any tuner has been successful. Based on what you say your local tuner can do, I would go with them. That would great if someone offered a TCU tune. Can you find out more about your local tuner. It would be nice if you took your car there to see if it could even be done.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Taking mine to my local tuner on Monday. They tune a lot of Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs locally. This is their first Jag though. I've let them know that there could be a decent sized market if they can show significant gains over the other tuners currently available, especially when considering the XK's and F-Types. Very interested to find out what they can unlock (TCU & AFR of note). Should have results in the next week along with stock (460 hp, 405 lbs torque) - tune with no pulley, and tune with pulley dyno charts. I know I'll do at least as good as the tunes currently available and hoping for more.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Rica, waiting on finalized pricing and how viable it really is as an option, given it would involve me shipping them my ECU. And they're in Europe (Netherlands). Shipping time would be a concern, but I can make arrangements as necessary.
Unless I'm misunderstanding their website, I don't believe you have to ship your ECU to Rica if you purchase their iSoftloader for an extra $150.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:34 AM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Please keep us up to date on this! Great info so far, you cant beat real world info with dyno slips as proof.

A price list would be great too.

Thanks! Good work!

Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by TMack
Unless I'm misunderstanding their website, I don't believe you have to ship your ECU to Rica if you purchase their iSoftloader for an extra $150.
There is no iSoftloader for the Jaguars it is a reflash downloaded with a laptop.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
There is no iSoftloader for the Jaguars it is a reflash downloaded with a laptop.
This is the response I initially got from Rica:

"Hello,

Sorry for our late response!

We can offer 570Hp & 682Nm.
In order to tune your car we must have your cars ECU first time at our Headquarter in Netherlands for decoding.
When we have decode your ECU you can use our iSoftloader to tune your car via OBD.

Please let me know if you want to send the ECU so I can give you more details how to send your package.

Best regards

Patrik

RICA Engineering"

I have responded asking for pricing and duration to make the modifications to the ECU

Old 01-26-2014, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chadly
Please keep us up to date on this! Great info so far, you cant beat real world info with dyno slips as proof.

A price list would be great too.

Thanks! Good work!
I appreciate the compliments...
I will keep everyone posted, like I said I'll be meeting with my local tuner this week, and if I decide to go with their tunes then Dyno results will follow right after...

Old 01-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

This is the response I initially got from Rica:

"Hello,

Sorry for our late response!

We can offer 570Hp & 682Nm.
In order to tune your car we must have your cars ECU first time at our Headquarter in Netherlands for decoding.
When we have decode your ECU you can use our iSoftloader to tune your car via OBD.

Please let me know if you want to send the ECU so I can give you more details how to send your package.

Best regards

Patrik

RICA Engineering"

I have responded asking for pricing and duration to make the modifications to the ECU
I will have to ask Dirk tomorrow when I speak with him. This is interesting as I am a dealer & use a CMD Flash box. I wonder if they send you a iSoftloader or do it in house? I will post after we speak.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
Taking mine to my local tuner on Monday. They tune a lot of Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs locally. This is their first Jag though. I've let them know that there could be a decent sized market if they can show significant gains over the other tuners currently available, especially when considering the XK's and F-Types. Very interested to find out what they can unlock (TCU & AFR of note). Should have results in the next week along with stock (460 hp, 405 lbs torque) - tune with no pulley, and tune with pulley dyno charts. I know I'll do at least as good as the tunes currently available and hoping for more.
Were you able to visit the tuner yesterday??

I am quite eager to hear the outcome of your visit!

Old 01-31-2014, 03:43 PM

Quick Update on Pricing:

ECU Tuning Group (ETG): $1,700.00 cdn. (+ $100 fee for driving down to my city from where they are located).

RICA Engineering: $1,175.00 cdn. (+ ~$50 shipping (assumed)), one thing to point out, is I would no longer need to ship my ECU to Europe, my car can be tuned via their hand held iSoftloader)

Local Tuner: $1,500.00 cdn. (but this is the only one that is ECU + TCU Tune)

I have pulled the trigger... and I am currently driving the car with "X" tune on the car. So far weather in Calgary has taken a turn for the worse, so I can't really push the car to see if I have any initial impressions...

I do however have the car booked for a dyno next Friday (Feb. 7th). Will update then with dyno graphs... And in the mean time if I have a chance to provide any feedback then I will.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quick Update on Pricing:

ECU Tuning Group (ETG): $1,700.00 cdn. (+ $100 fee for driving down to my city from where they are located).

RICA Engineering: $1,175.00 cdn. (+ ~$50 shipping (assumed)), one thing to point out, is I would no longer need to ship my ECU to Europe, my car can be tuned via their hand held iSoftloader)

Local Tuner: $1,500.00 cdn. (but this is the only one that is ECU + TCU Tune)

I have pulled the trigger... and I am currently driving the car with "X" tune on the car. So far weather in Calgary has taken a turn for the worse, so I can't really push the car to see if I have any initial impressions...

I do however have the car booked for a dyno next Friday (Feb. 7th). Will update then with dyno graphs... And in the mean time if I have a chance to provide any feedback then I will.
So when you dyno it you'll reveal who did it?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 PM

So when you dyno it you'll reveal who did it?
Once I have Dyno numbers I will reveal which route (tuner) I have gone, and I'll let the numbers speak for themselves...

I have almost put on 200kms since the tune was loaded/ flashed, and I will say I am definitely starting to notice a difference even though I can not make full use of it, yet (road conditions)...

Not to change topics but did you have any luck with your local tuner?

Old 01-31-2014, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member

Once I have Dyno numbers I will reveal which route (tuner) I have gone, and I'll let the numbers speak for themselves...

I have almost put on 200kms since the tune was loaded/ flashed, and I will say I am definitely starting to notice a difference even though I can not make full use of it, yet (road conditions)...

Not to change topics but did you have any luck with your local tuner?
Yes I did. They finished this afternoon but I couldn't get there to pick it up. Will get it in the morning. They didn't have the right puller and weren't comfortable cutting off the stock pulley, so I only got the tune. Will need to find a shop to do the pulley swap and then re-dyno for a final power number.

Started at 458rwhp/403 lb and now at 492rwhp/466 lb . Better gain than that through most of the powerband though, so pretty happy. Since most have tune and pulley I have to adjust my expectation...for now. If the pulley adds anywhere near what it should I will be over 500 rwhp/500 lb after the pulley. That is unless the ecu/tcu limits the torque and blows off the extra boost.

Will post dyno graphs with before and after when I get the files. I also wonder whether my base line was higher since that day was low humidity and today it was almost raining. I know it's supposed to correct for that but not sure how accurate it really is.

Can't wait to drive it. Will share my impressions after I get a chance to get used to it and for it to adapt over the next 100+ miles.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:32 AM

Yes I did. They finished this afternoon but I couldn't get there to pick it up. Will get it in the morning. They didn't have the right puller and weren't comfortable cutting off the stock pulley, so I only got the tune. Will need to find a shop to do the pulley swap and then re-dyno for a final power number.

Started at 458rwhp/403 lb and now at 492rwhp/466 lb . Better gain than that through most of the powerband though, so pretty happy. Since most have tune and pulley I have to adjust my expectation...for now. If the pulley adds anywhere near what it should I will be over 500 rwhp/500 lb after the pulley. That is unless the ecu/tcu limits the torque and blows off the extra boost.

Will post dyno graphs with before and after when I get the files. I also wonder whether my base line was higher since that day was low humidity and today it was almost raining. I know it's supposed to correct for that but not sure how accurate it really is.

Can't wait to drive it. Will share my impressions after I get a chance to get used to it and for it to adapt over the next 100+ miles.
That's sounds pretty good 34whp & 63 lb-ft at the wheels...

Wait till you get the pulley installed. If you have similar results as I did then you will definitely be over 500 for both hp and torque at the wheels...

Old 02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Default Tune Completed - Driving Impressions and Dyno Results

Put over 100 miles on the car today after picking it up from the tuner. Did all types of driving. LOVE IT! Feels so much stronger in every respect. I physically feel the power pulling much harder that before, so butt dyno agrees with real dyno. It also seems to raise the suspension up under hard acceleration, which it did not do before. I met up with Buckeye today and he confirmed that it has significantly more power than stock.

I already shared the numbers (they are listed on the dyno chart and power listings attached) but I think the ambient conditions hurt the gains from baseline since the day the baseline was taken was a really good day for power and the other day was not optimal with all the humidity. The X-Pipe should have added both torque and hp, but as you can see it actually lost power from the baseline. Again, don't know if that's from the modification or the differences in the weather. The Tuned graph is really pretty significant, especially when you consider that it does not have a pulley yet.

For reference on the dyno chart:
Blue = Baseline
Red = Stock with X-Pipe
Green - Tuned (no pulley) with X-Pipe

I'll be getting the pulley put on sometime soon and then re-dyno for a final power number. If anyone is interested in having my tuner give a quote for tuning, just PM me and I'll put you in touch with them. I know there is some debate at this time what the final cost will be. I'll post when they determine it as well. They are good guys, are really easy to work with and spent a ton of time going through all the questions I had. Can't recommend them more.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Power Listings 1-31-14.pdf (19.6 KB, 245 views)
The following users liked this post:
patrickw813 (02-02-2014)

Quick Reply: 2012 Jaguar XFR Tuning