XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2013 Jaguar XF Shaking when Accelerating/Idiling

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Jaguar XF Shaking when Accelerating/Idiling

Hello,

I was driving back for a two hour drive and my 2013 Jaguar XF began to shake a lot whenever I accelerated and whenever I let the car idle. It did not shake when coasting. The engine didn’t make any different noises, but the whole car was shaking wildly…

I am concerned and not too experienced with cars and am trying to figure out what I can do before I go to a shop. I’m also new to the forums and was told that I may get some better advice here.

Here are the codes I scanned from an OBD2 port:
U0447: Invalid data received from serial data gateway Module ‘A’

P02F3: Cylinder 6 injector circuit range/performance

P2198: O2 sensor signal biased/stuck rich bank 2 sensor 1

P0306: Cylinder 6 misfire detected

P1315: Persistent misfire

I’ve looked up these codes individually and the main suggestion I see is to check, clean, and replace the spark plug if needed but I am a bit concerned with the other issues mentioned like the oxygen sensor…

I would appreciate anyone who can give some advice on this, particularly with codes possibly being related to each other.

Thanks

Old 06-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,354 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Well the codes point to cylinder 6 so decide how you want to approach this?
First always clear the codes and then drive to see what comes back. We don't know how old those codes are and we want the car to tell us what is currently going on.

Normally I would just replace the injector and plug in that cylinder. Or you can swap the plug and injector to a different cylinder and see if the fault (Miss Fire) moves to the cylinder you swapped. Now the problem is these DI cars are hard to work on and you are at a GREAT disadvantage if you can't DIY this. So for all the labor involved I would go the replacement route for now. Be aware that you could have a coil issue too?

I would ignore the O2 code for now until the miss fire is repaired. But yes the O2 sensor "might" need replacement. I always replace O2 sensors in pairs with the idea that if one failed the other one has the same amount of wear and tear on it and can't be far behind. Also again the labor issue? You have everything right there when changing 1 sensor and the other one is just a few more minutes of work. The last thing you want to do is replace parts and then have to go right back in to replace the other one!

Next problem? You did not tell us where your at? Nor did you tell us what engine you have? Very difficult giving advice with incomplete information?
Please don't drive the car with it shaking and miss firing? You have a good chance at damaging your cats and they are just too expensive to risk it!

With the age of your car you will need to call first if using a Jaguar dealer? We have a number of reports that Jaguar will no longer work on anything 10 years or older. Is your shop an independent one?

Old 06-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Well the codes point to cylinder 6 so decide how you want to approach this?
First always clear the codes and then drive to see what comes back. We don't know how old those codes are and we want the car to tell us what is currently going on.

Normally I would just replace the injector and plug in that cylinder. Or you can swap the plug and injector to a different cylinder and see if the fault (Miss Fire) moves to the cylinder you swapped. Now the problem is these DI cars are hard to work on and you are at a GREAT disadvantage if you can't DIY this. So for all the labor involved I would go the replacement route for now. Be aware that you could have a coil issue too?

I would ignore the O2 code for now until the miss fire is repaired. But yes the O2 sensor "might" need replacement. I always replace O2 sensors in pairs with the idea that if one failed the other one has the same amount of wear and tear on it and can't be far behind. Also again the labor issue? You have everything right there when changing 1 sensor and the other one is just a few more minutes of work. The last thing you want to do is replace parts and then have to go right back in to replace the other one!

Next problem? You did not tell us where your at? Nor did you tell us what engine you have? Very difficult giving advice with incomplete information?
Please don't drive the car with it shaking and miss firing? You have a good chance at damaging your cats and they are just too expensive to risk it!

With the age of your car you will need to call first if using a Jaguar dealer? We have a number of reports that Jaguar will no longer work on anything 10 years or older. Is your shop an independent one?
Hello clubairth, thank you for your reply and sorry for my spotty info. Allow me to elaborate a bit:
I’m in the Northwest so Portland isn’t that far, they have a jaguar facility over there but I usually have been going to local spots for minor things like tires and oil. The engine for my jag is 3.0 V6 supercharged petrol, and it’s reaching 60k miles soon.

Thank you for looking into the codes and sharing that… I did clear them and one did come back up and the car was shaking again of course:
P02F3: Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit Range/Performance.
No other codes came up but I was worried about stressing it too much so I didn’t hit the freeway with it.

Old 06-27-2024, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,354 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Ok great info and the codes point to cylinder 6. Focus on that and I think you will be repaired. I do wish you had someone familiar with Jaguars but talk to your guy and see if he has any problems doing the work? It's funny but my car is also around 60K miles different year as it's a 2014 model.

With all the reading I have done consider changing all 3 injectors and plugs on that side of the engine? Again I would hate to see you spend all the money on one plug and injector only to have problems and need to go back in there again? I went and replaced all 8 injectors (Actually I sent my factory ones out for cleaning and balancing.) and all 8 plugs. Just for insurance. The engine is all apart for the repair anyway so you have done the majority of the labor.

Yes avoid driving until it's fixed. All that extra fuel is no good for the cats. I am fighting a similar problem on my car right now?

Looks like I had an injector failure of some kind and had multiple cylinder miss fires. I got the plugs and injectors swapped and fixed all the miss fires but now am getting a P0430 low catalyst efficiency code after about 15 or so miles of driving. I suspect the massive fuel from the injectors ruined that cat as I had tons of white smoke coming out the tail pipes and when I got it started it took about 15+ minutes to clear up.

I have not gone into where to get parts? Mechanic supplied or do you plan to purchase them yourself?
There is a TON of counterfeit parts out there and I am still not sure if the NGK plugs and the Bosch injectors I ordered on line are OEM or not? They came in factory boxes and looked good but the prices were lower so I just can't tell?

As you might suspect purchasing anything from the dealer will be very expensive!
Post back on your repair as we seldom hear back if we were right or not?