XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2013 XF 5.0L Supercharged Front Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 XF 5.0L Supercharged Front Brake Rotors

Hello all,
I am in a search for front brake rotors for our Jaguar. All of the rotors I have seen only have five lug holes, whereas our rotors have 10 (see picture below). Would anyone by chance have a good Part Number to start with for these rotors? If not, I will have these turned. Second, would anyone have the torque for the nuts seen holding the rotor onto axle or hub? Have a good day and thank you

Old 11-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

No. What you are looking at in your picture is a regular “5 lug” rotor, with a spacer installed on it.
The rotor still only has 5 stud/lug holes.
If you are new to the vehicle, who ever owned before you had installed spacers to widen the stance.
There were several different size rotors depending on model. 355mm and 380mm fronts and 326mm rear.
i think the 2013 supercharged came with 380mm fronts. You should verify before ordering. There are dozens of places on line to get either size at a good price.

The following users liked this post:
DGrant09 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,243 Likes on 2,392 Posts

Originally Posted by VPinGA
No. What you are looking at in your picture is a regular “5 lug” rotor, with a spacer installed on it.
If you are new to the vehicle, who ever owned before you had installed spacers to widen the stance.
There were several different size rotors depending on model. 355mm and 380mm fronts and 326mm rear.
i think the 2013 supercharged came with 380mm fronts. You should verify before ordering. There are dozens of places on line to get either size at a good price.
Correct, the wheel in that pic has a spacer on it.
To the OP - the pic also shows a 355 mm front brake caliper so that is the size rotor you need.
The nuts you can see in the pic are holding the spacer onto the rotor, not the rotor onto the hub or axle (that is held on by the wheel itself and hence the wheel nuts). Other than the two little retaining washers on two of the five lugs which are just to locate the rotor securely before putting the wheel on.
Spacer nuts should be done up to the same torque spec as the lug nuts so 92 ft/lb or 125 Nm.
If you want to refit the spacers after you replace the rotors you will need a way to hold the front wheels and stop them from turning while you torque up the spacer nuts, and the easiest way is to have a "helper" with their foot hard on the brake pedal.
And for Gawd's sake clean up or better still paint those filthy calipers!

DGrant09 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by VPinGA
VPinGA - Thank you, now that makes sense! As for ordering online? We are in Alaska and many retailers do not ship here, and if they do, it costs dearly. Fortunately, we do have some local parts houses who bust their butts to get what we need.

OxXFR - First off, Thank you very much! As for - For Gawd's sake clean up or better still paint those filthy calipers! Now that was funny.. Let me see if the Ms. will let me have her car long enough to paint them, wish me luck..

Old 11-11-2019, 11:10 PM

VPinGA / OzXFR,
Thank you for the quick responses. For some reason my first post to your responses did not get posted. Anyway, thank you very much and now everything is making sense. I do have a couple of questions reference the spacers. What are the benefits of the spacers besides looks and a wider stance? Will these create additional stressors on the other suspension components?

OzXFR - Your comment was great! "For Gawd's sake clean up or better still paint those filthy calipers!" If I can only get the car away from the wife that long..

Thanks
Dan

Last edited by DGrant09; 11-11-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Jssaab (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGrant09
VPinGA / OzXFR,
Thank you for the quick responses. For some reason my first post to your responses did not get posted. Anyway, thank you very much and now everything is making sense. I do have a couple of questions reference the spacers. What are the benefits of the spacers besides looks and a wider stance? Will these create additional stressors on the other suspension components?

OzXFR - Your comment was great! "For Gawd's sake clean up or better still paint those filthy calipers!" If I can only get the car away from the wife that long..

Thanks
Dan
The main and possibly only reasons for spacers are looks and a wider stance, the jury is out on if they improve handling / reduce body roll or not.
I fitted spacers to my XFS, XFR and now F-Type for looks and stance coz IMHO the stock Jag wheel set up (including the F-Type) is way too tucked in or knock kneed looking. In all cases I fitted 15 mm spacers and have never had any signs of "extra stress" but I suspect if you go crazy wide (like 30 mm spacers) there could be some stress, let alone tyres sticking out past the guards!

Last edited by OzXFR; 11-12-2019 at 12:14 AM.
DGrant09 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

VPinGA / OzXFR,

Thanks
Dan
HaHa on the wife quote... and my GF is from Anderson Alaska.

And don;t let the Aussi bother you on comment on your brakes, some there have never even seen snow...

I on the other hand commend you for the lack of rust anywhere on that car in Alaska ( and for having the guts to drive one there.) You must be the the **** driving around there...

DGrant09 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jssaab

And don;t let the Aussi bother you on comment on your brakes, some there have never even seen snow...

I on the other hand commend you for the lack of rust anywhere on that car in Alaska ( and for having the guts to drive one there.) You must be the the **** driving around there...
Spot on.
I have never seen snow where I live in Adelaide, and I've been there my whole life, some 60+ years.
I've never seen snow falling from the air, and only once ever on the ground when I went to the snow country (Australian Alps) back in 2010.
So you are right I have never had to contend with rusty brakes or undercarriage on any car I have owned.

DGrant09 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jssaab

This car does great with the snow and only all season tires.. The all wheel drive is a kicker! As for Anderson, wow, we go by there frequently on our way to Fairbanks.. The interior Alaska is too cold for us..

Old 11-13-2019, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Spot on.
I have never seen snow where I live in Adelaide, and I've been there my whole life, some 60+ years.
I've never seen snow falling from the air, and only once ever on the ground when I went to the snow country (Australian Alps) back in 2010.
So you are right I have never had to contend with rusty brakes or undercarriage on any car I have owned.
I know and I am very jealous lucky b@stard.. It snowed here yesterday. My Jag is from Pennsylvania and looks like it was soaked in salt underneath. Complete rust bucket. My XFR I got from Florida and I lived in the south and California where it only snows in the mountains.. When I got back to the NE US I had to get the AWD.

This car does great with the snow and only all season tires.. The all wheel drive is a kicker! As for Anderson, wow, we go by there frequently on our way to Fairbanks.. The interior Alaska is too cold for us..
You have a 5.0 AWD??? I guess I am confused but yeah it gets horribly cold there. Much more pleasant near the coast.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Spot on.
I know and I am very jealous lucky b@stard.. It snowed here yesterday. My Jag is from Pennsylvania and looks like it was soaked in salt underneath. Complete rust bucket. My XFR I got from Florida and I lived in the south and California where it only snows in the mountains.. When I got back to the NE US I had to get the AWD.

You have a 5.0 AWD??? I guess I am confused but yeah it gets horribly cold there. Much more pleasant near the coast.