XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2014 xf map update 2020

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 07:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 xf map update 2020

The weather in Ireland recently has been very nice and what with the lifting of some travel restrictions, I was able to travel a lot more than when I first baught the car less than 2 months ago. I used my nav feature quite a lot, mostly to see how good or bad it was. I discovered that it was well out of date when it came to new road's and flyovers. I decided to search for a 2020 update and found one that comes with a USB stick:- https://jaguar.navigation.com/product-list/Catalog/Catalog_Jaguar-XF-2014/en_GB/JaguarEMEA/EUR . It costs €209. It comes with instructions and a USB stick(I imagine that is the best form to use) but was just wondering can I buy it somewhere else at a cheaper price, thanks

Old 04-25-2021, 11:01 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickard
The weather in Ireland recently has been very nice and what with the lifting of some travel restrictions, I was able to travel a lot more than when I first baught the car less than 2 months ago. I used my nav feature quite a lot, mostly to see how good or bad it was. I discovered that it was well out of date when it came to new road's and flyovers. I decided to search for a 2020 update and found one that comes with a USB stick:- https://jaguar.navigation.com/produc...JaguarEMEA/EUR . It costs €209. It comes with instructions and a USB stick(I imagine that is the best form to use) but was just wondering can I buy it somewhere else at a cheaper price, thanks
You should be able to get it cheaper online somewhere else or go for the android auto / carplay box which will allow you to use Google maps, waze or other navigation apps which in all fairness are a 1000 times better than the outdated Jaguar system 👍
Don't get me wrong as I actually love the way it's set up with the split screen and everything, but TMC just can't compete with online traffic updates 😔
I with a few others am testing out an android unit for the X250. And although there are some bugs to be fixed does make a good impression.
But before you fork out so much money for an outdated navigation update and don't want to install a new system, then buy a good mobile holder and use your phone 😉👍

The following users liked this post:
Rickard (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taffyduck
You should be able to get it cheaper online somewhere else or go for the android auto / carplay box which will allow you to use Google maps, waze or other navigation apps which in all fairness are a 1000 times better than the outdated Jaguar system 👍
Don't get me wrong as I actually love the way it's set up with the split screen and everything, but TMC just can't compete with online traffic updates 😔
I with a few others am testing out an android unit for the X250. And although there are some bugs to be fixed does make a good impression.
But before you fork out so much money for an outdated navigation update and don't want to install a new system, then buy a good mobile holder and use your phone 😉👍
Thanks for your reply to my question. I totally agree that an Android system would be far superior to the TMC system and I look forward to your results on the Android compatible system. I have no idea what an Android auto/ carplay box system is but will look into it, thanks

Old 04-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

It doesn't answer your actual question, but I'd agree that the in car nav system is poor - and will be quickly out of date again. I use a scosche magnetic mount on the dash by the steering wheel, clip on my phone and run waze. Plus Spotify for music. Simple, works perfectly and leaves the touch screen free for other car features.

The following users liked this post:
Rickard (04-27-2021)