XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2015 xkr coolant hose replacement. They sent me a new replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 xkr coolant hose replacement. They sent me a new replacement

I have a 2015 xkr and the coolant hoses under the front of the supercharger have been upgraded and I cant get them on. Im wondering if the supercharger has to be removed. The old one has a steel ring with 2 o rings on it so it fit right in. Well the new one doesn't give you that option and it wont go down into the adjoining pipe. I need some help guys. Please advise on this.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Wrong section - but we have the same engines here. Where you talk about the coolant hoses under the front of the supercharger I'm assuming you mean the small ones to the throttle body - there's a pipe that goes from the rear plastic "crossover" coolant pipe at the back of the engine and runs alongside the supercharger under the chargecooler manifold to the throttlebody at the front, and another pipe from the throttle body to one of the fatter pipes leading to the thermostat.

You shouldn't need to remove the supercharger to get to the pipe that goes to the throttle body, though it's sometimes fiddly and best to remove the throttle body.

One thing I can tell you is they changed the design of the coolant pipes in this area, I forget when, but there's a good chance it was after your engine was built. The pipe that goes from the coolant crossover on top of the engine to the thermostat used to be one single fairly long hose, and was replaced with a hose with a tee in the middle that goes to the small pipe of the water pump. As a result the hose that connects to the throttle body just has a single pipe that goes to the T pipe that comes down from the small pipe that goes from the header tank to the crossover on top of the engine.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your correct they did change the pipe.

It's a pain to get it in there. I am having a time and the new pipe came with another pipe and im having a time with it.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Received 153 Likes on 98 Posts

If you look under my threads you'll see one titled something like "Interesting find during water pump change" you'll see some pictures of the two types of pipework/hoses used for the water pump. I don't know if it will be any help but look and see.

The following users liked this post:
davetibbs (11-03-2019)