XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2102 XF Denso Sat Nav [ex singapore] maps upgrade issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017 | 09:07 PM
|
Default 2102 XF Denso Sat Nav [ex singapore] maps upgrade issues

Hi Folks,
Cutting to the chase my issue is it's got an HDD Denso sat nav with Singapore & Malaysia maps, and I want to upgrade the maps to New Zealand maps.

Simple huh? Well, no it isn't. I've been everywhere on all the possible forums and it's been harder than the search for the Holy Grail.
It's a 2012 XF 2.2D Facelift model.
It has an HDD unit. There is no separate CD in the boot [trunk] - I've been advised several times just to pop the disc in there..but this one goes into the dash unit.
I've bought the correct Maps disc from Navshop.com.au for AU/NZ [it's not on a memory stick for this one] and when I load the disc int the head unit the nav system begins to read it then errors out "software on disc is older than software on system".

I've tried everything possible that I know, including the hidden menus where I thought I might have cracked it but.. no.
I copied the disc onto a stick hoping it might read that and install.. no.

Numerous emails back & forth with navshop and the disc is the latest version available for NZ for the XF [AU22/NZ11].
They advise that the system software had been upgraded with the Singapore maps and it won't allow it to load the NZ maps over the top.
They recommend to wait until the next latest version of the software comes out, which is.. ?? no idea they can't tell me "next year" could be January, could be December..
They did tell me repeatedly how to send it back for a refund, but I'm happy to have this version of maps if it would only install.
My logic is it would be better to have a version I can use than one I can't..?

I've had a little bit to do with software so I'm suggesting there must be a way to enable the deletion of the existing maps and to force load the NZ maps.

In the hidden menu on the HDD NAV unit there is a "Loading" option where I've seen you can select load, but on mine it is visible but not selectable.

My questions are:
If the selection is visible but faded out, can it be enabled?

Is there a way to force load the NZ Maps?
Or
Is there a way to delete the Singapore maps, and if that's possible could we then be able to load the NZ maps?

Is there a back door/side door onto this unit that I can use to manipulate the system commands?

By the way, the reason for me asking is the "only way to upgrade the maps is to get a complete NZ conversion" for a mere $900-$1400.. depending..

To help with understanding my post I have included shots of the system message and software versions and the menu screen.
Any suggestions welcomed and gratefully received.
Kind Regards
Graeme

Authorised Jaguar/TomTom Disc
Bugger...
Overall Software
Denso Version
Note Loading Menu is present but not active.

Old 01-14-2021 | 09:31 PM

Did you ever resolve this? I have just bought a 2013 XF and want to update the maps.