XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

After Market Mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts
Default After Market Mudflaps

Hey guys, I'm sure some of you have fitted those Chinese mudflaps, but some of you probably haven't due to being afraid of fitment issues.

I bought a set from China and fitted them myself with no hassles and they are perfectly shaped to the body of the XF. I got mine here: Auto Rubber Molded Mud Flaps Splash Guards fender For Jaguar XF XJ 2008 up EMS free shipping-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Also, if you want to see how they fit, check out my video (skip to 4:40 minutes to get to the mudflaps part)

Old 03-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just received mine today. They only came with instructions for the fronts, and those are in German. Would you consider e-mailing or snail-mailing me copies of the instructions in English?

I think they need more English-proficient people in China. When I ordered a key FOB, they sent me one for a Honda. Then after the third time that they sent me a message asking if they should send the correct one, and I replied each time,"Yes, and please do so quickly," I cancelled the order and ordered from a different Chinese place. We'll see how this one turns out.

The following users liked this post:
hiltoncam (04-04-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,225 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicktruck
I just received mine today. They only came with instructions for the fronts, and those are in German. Would you consider e-mailing or snail-mailing me copies of the instructions in English?

I think they need more English-proficient people in China. When I ordered a key FOB, they sent me one for a Honda. Then after the third time that they sent me a message asking if they should send the correct one, and I replied each time,"Yes, and please do so quickly," I cancelled the order and ordered from a different Chinese place. We'll see how this one turns out.
Assuming the mudflaps are the same as those I bought from AliExpress, the rears are a doddle to fit, even easier than the fronts. You don't need to use any of the supplied clips, simply re-use the existing bolts/screws on the car.
Three each side, two in the wheel well and one underneath just behind the wheel well.

Edit - checked the link above, and yes they are the exact same ones I have.

hiltoncam (03-07-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 02:30 AM

To make the fronts more sturdier at the bottom, I spaced another screw (use a screw with a large flat head - kindof like a built in spacer) and screwed it in through the mudflap and the plastic wheel housing - those mudflaps aren't going anywhere now

Old 03-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Banned

This is the guide that came with my flaps.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Flap Guide.pdf (312.5 KB, 369 views)
hiltoncam (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:28 AM

Yeah, I see they show clips or other - this is not how they fit, so I can see your confusion. They actually have to be screwed in at three points, two of which will use the screws already holding the black plastic wheel housing in place.
I'll do a YouTube video and post it for you to see

Old 03-07-2016, 04:53 AM

Hey QuickTruck - take a look at this video, it will help you with the fitment of yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XELQ...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Banned

Mine went on yesterday, and the process was relatively easy, considering that I have the ability to mess up just about anything.

The rears fit well and tight using the existing fasteners. The fronts weren't quite as tight with the original screws and anchors, so I drilled small pilot holes and used the screws provided with the flaps to add two screws to each front flap installation on the middle and top.

Getting all of the screw holes to match up was a little difficult, so I left one screw out, but the flap was tight and secure anyway.

Interestingly, even though these are from China, they still say "Made in England" on them.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Installed my splash guards today.

I got the "alibaba" splash guards. They do say Made in England and even have the Jaguar name embedded in them.

Here's how I installed them.

Front wheels: Turn the wheel all the way to the left. Remove the two existing clips from the driver's side wheel well. You have to lift them slightly with a flat head screw driver, then using a stubby phillips head screw driver remove the screw and pop them off. To install the splash guard, I used the same clips as well as a 6" long piece of double sided outdoor strong tape. Since the clips are at the bottom of the splash guard, there is no real holding points near the top. I first installed the clips and tightened them. I then cut a piece of double sided tape and pulled back the splash guard from the top, adhered the tape, then pushed the splash guard against the car. Fit like a glove. Repeat the process for the other front side. Don't adhere them with tape prior to adding the clips or you might have trouble lining them up.

Rear wheels: Using a socket wrench, remove the three bolts. Two are in the wheel well, one is below the well. To attach the splash guard, I used two of the screws/washers that came with the guards since the existing bolts have a large washer attached to them that does not fit into the depressed hole area on the splash guard. I had to use my stubby phillips driver to tighten these screws. After tightening them, I used one of the three original bolts to attach the lower bolt.

Took about 20 minutes....

Old 03-28-2016, 09:44 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts

You guys are gonna love having the flaps on and you'll see a big difference in how much less the slop is thrown up on the car's sides...Not to mention, the lack of stone chips.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,225 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by EricinNH
I got the "alibaba" splash guards. They do say Made in England and even have the Jaguar name embedded in them.

Here's how I installed them.

Front wheels: Turn the wheel all the way to the left. Remove the two existing clips from the driver's side wheel well. You have to lift them slightly with a flat head screw driver, then using a stubby phillips head screw driver remove the screw and pop them off. To install the splash guard, I used the same clips as well as a 6" long piece of double sided outdoor strong tape. Since the clips are at the bottom of the splash guard, there is no real holding points near the top. I first installed the clips and tightened them. I then cut a piece of double sided tape and pulled back the splash guard from the top, adhered the tape, then pushed the splash guard against the car. Fit like a glove. Repeat the process for the other front side. Don't adhere them with tape prior to adding the clips or you might have trouble lining them up.

Rear wheels: Using a socket wrench, remove the three bolts. Two are in the wheel well, one is below the well. To attach the splash guard, I used two of the screws/washers that came with the guards since the existing bolts have a large washer attached to them that does not fit into the depressed hole area on the splash guard. I had to use my stubby phillips driver to tighten these screws. After tightening them, I used one of the three original bolts to attach the lower bolt.

Took about 20 minutes....
Same here, but what I did was to cut back one edge of each of the attached washers so they fitted into the shaped depressions. Stuck them in the vice and cut off the edges with a hacksaw, 5 minutes work.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Default Front and rear images of my install...

The double sided foam tape worked great on the fronts.... the included/shipped smaller washer head screws worked great on the rears...

Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 PM

Here's a special video I did to show how they bolt on

Old 04-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Default Jacuar vs. Jaguar

My "ali express" purchase got me the "Jaguar" logo....I think. There's clearly a line on the bottom of my "C".