XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

After Market Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default After Market Warranty

So - I bought a 2015 Jaguar XF portfolio aws 3.0 SC and in the car fax it stated it was sold as a CPO with 8900 miles on it in 2015. I called Jag CS and they confirmed that the CPO transfers with the car.

FF to me taking it in with 49800 miles on it for a bad o2 sensor. The Service person made a comment about cutting it close with my warranty running out at 50K. I said "oh it's got a cpo warranty" and she said nu huh. I called Jaguar and they said they didn't see one on it (I should have asked if they actually did). So I called the original dealer who sold it - their service person looked it up said "yeah we certified it, I can see it was sold and we did all the service" but what it looks like is they never actually activated?? I guess the CPO warranty. So right now I am trying to see if that is something that can even happen now - they original dealer will get back to me tomorrow but in the meantime.

Any ideas on a ballpark figure for a good aftermarket warranty? I need exclusionary - I can deal with a deductible if it is around 100 or so...I got an estimate from a dealer for a GM backed 3/45 for 3800 (3 years 45K miles from date of warranty purchase - 30 day wating)

Old 04-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

You should definitely get the original dealer to get you the Cpo warranty or pay for the one you buy

That price you quote is in the ballpark of what I've seen assuming it's a pretty good one that actually pays out if needed. Search around on here for lots of threads on this topic incl specific suggestions of companies to use
I'd also ask your dealer for guidance on what they like working with and who doesn't usually deny claims etc