XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Aftermarket Rear Spoiler Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 09:41 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Aftermarket Rear Spoiler Options

Hey all,

Has anyone installed an aftermarket rear spoiler to their XF that looks decent and aggressive? I have the usual "lip spoiler", and don't really want to take the XFR-S spoiler route (a little too big for me). I was considering the Speed Pak spoiler, but haven't decided. Any others that you guys have used and liked?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-28-2022, 10:43 AM
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

this is a spoiler off 2011 alantra

The following users liked this post:
Reaxions (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 06:46 PM
Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts

I went with the speed pack spoiler because the Jag engineers actually used science to design it with the car's existing aero (unlike the carbon fiber spoiler I put on my Audi which definitely looks awesome, but not sure how functional it is). I remember driving my XFR hard on a long road trip once, before I had the speed pack spoiler, and thinking that it just didn't feel as stable as I thought it should at very high speeds. It's possible that some aftermarket options may even work better than the speed pack spoiler, but if the manufacturers/sellers don't provide test/improvement results, you're really just buying it for looks, and it's possible that it may have a negative effect at high speeds (which is totally OK, as long as it doesn't catch you off guard). Different, but similar: I changed gears on my old Honda RC51 to make it more useable in normal driving, knowing that I'd lose some top-end speed. So, if you're willing to potentially sacrifice some performance for looks, go crazy. The reason I love my speed pack spoiler so much is that I definitely love how it looks, but I distinctly remember that after I installed it, I could feel a big improvement on high-speed sweepers (one particular interstate merger which I used to drive everyday on my way into the office in the early morning around 3 AM, when nobody else was on the road). I actually couldn't believe how much of a difference it made, it just felt so much more planted, and I was totally blown away.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:59 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaxions
I went with the speed pack spoiler because the Jag engineers actually used science to design it with the car's existing aero (unlike the carbon fiber spoiler I put on my Audi which definitely looks awesome, but not sure how functional it is). I remember driving my XFR hard on a long road trip once, before I had the speed pack spoiler, and thinking that it just didn't feel as stable as I thought it should at very high speeds. It's possible that some aftermarket options may even work better than the speed pack spoiler, but if the manufacturers/sellers don't provide test/improvement results, you're really just buying it for looks, and it's possible that it may have a negative effect at high speeds (which is totally OK, as long as it doesn't catch you off guard). Different, but similar: I changed gears on my old Honda RC51 to make it more useable in normal driving, knowing that I'd lose some top-end speed. So, if you're willing to potentially sacrifice some performance for looks, go crazy. The reason I love my speed pack spoiler so much is that I definitely love how it looks, but I distinctly remember that after I installed it, I could feel a big improvement on high-speed sweepers (one particular interstate merger which I used to drive everyday on my way into the office in the early morning around 3 AM, when nobody else was on the road). I actually couldn't believe how much of a difference it made, it just felt so much more planted, and I was totally blown away.
That's actually very good insight Reaxions! The speed pack does look great also, I think it's the right combination of aggressive and classy. Oh decisions, decisions...

The following users liked this post:
Reaxions (06-07-2022)