XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

All the error messages I can think of

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
Typically the OBD bluetooth adapters will not shut off when you turn the car off. I had issues with it a while back. I forgot to remove it and it drained the battery.

I have seen how to's that cut power to the OBD port but I don't need to leave my adapter plugged in so I remove it after I'm done using it.
Yeah, that's kind of my approach now too and I haven't run into the issue again since.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by n8ertot
Yeah, that's kind of my approach now too and I haven't run into the issue again since.
Are you still problem free n8?

Old 11-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by wardo5757
Are you still problem free n8?
Tough to say. I had another incident of it popping up again, but I'm not sure if it's because I didn't clear the codes after the last time. I've cleared it and am waiting to see. My suspicion is that it's still an issue; my hope is that I'm wrong.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
Typically the OBD bluetooth adapters will not shut off when you turn the car off. I had issues with it a while back. I forgot to remove it and it drained the battery.

I have seen how to's that cut power to the OBD port but I don't need to leave my adapter plugged in so I remove it after I'm done using it.
The OBD port is supposed to shut down. Mine does, but it takes a little while. It's similar to the 12V receptacle in the arm rest cubby.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:02 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts

My cigarette lighter port in the compartment in front of the cup-holder compartment stays hot...

Old 12-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello everyone i bought a jag xf 2013 mechanic can't commucate with pcm

Old 12-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Default Jaguars xf2013 pcm ecm

Need help to figure out pcm Communication problem

Old 12-14-2020, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Probably his OBD tool - what is it?

Old 12-14-2020, 08:09 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathana
hello everyone i bought a jag xf 2013 mechanic can't commucate with pcm
I had the same issue with a new shop I took one of our XFs to. I couldn't think why this would be because I just ran a diagnostics on it a few days earlier and said as such. He disconnected the battery, charged it and reconnected, then all was fine and working... well he was able to ready the list of codes it was kicking out.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:42 PM
Default Having a similar issue

Originally Posted by DPK
The batteries in the tire on the pressure transmitters are getting weak..and will throw or cause a TPMS fault..Seen it before..as a rule, one should change the tire pressure sender units every time you replace the tires
I have an 2013 Jaguar XF. Every error message is going off if I drive the car long enough. Turn the car off and it disappears. Jag dealer could not reproduce issue. I have a tire pressure indicator light that has been on since I purchased the car. Could this really be the issue?

Old 01-09-2023, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

You've revived a very old thread!

Tpms error messages or all error messages? If all random errors it's most likely the battery too low. If the tpms then likely the tpms control unit under the passenger seat

Old 01-10-2023, 06:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am in this same mindset and I might add... just be methodical.

1. Its unlikely so many things went awry at once, and that almost always leads to a bad connection.
2. You could reseat every connection, I would do one, drive a while, do another the next day, so when I found the problem one, I'd focus some effort/time there
3. Pray it is one you can find or the dealer will do this at their rate
4. Once you find the culprit, cost out a replacement or scuff it with a wire toothbrush and put Vasoline in there to extend the amount of time to corrode again

My bias is that I also had a LR Discovery and virtually every problem except brakes... was electrical connection.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
You've revived a very old thread!

Tpms error messages or all error messages? If all random errors it's most likely the battery too low. If the tpms then likely the tpms control unit under the passenger seat
Gearbox, ABS, Parking assit error, engine over heating, and plenty more. I can't think of a possible error message I haven't seen. The car will go into off road mode on it's own. Sometimes it won't let me put it in gear until I shut the car off. If I let it sit for a while the issues will go away but if I drive for more than 45 mins it goes crazy. I've had 3 mechanics look at the car. Had all the grounds cleaned.

I love the car but at this point I have no idea what's wrong with the car.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by jerseyjag90
Gearbox, ABS, Parking assit error, engine over heating, and plenty more. I can't think of a possible error message I haven't seen. The car will go into off road mode on it's own. Sometimes it won't let me put it in gear until I shut the car off. If I let it sit for a while the issues will go away but if I drive for more than 45 mins it goes crazy. I've had 3 mechanics look at the car. Had all the grounds cleaned.

I've had the battery replaced. Tested. And everything. It doesn't seem to be a power issue according to 3 mechanics including a 3 week jagar dealer visit.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:46 AM

I've had the battery replaced. Tested. And everything. It doesn't seem to be a power issue according to 3 mechanics including a 3 week jagar dealer visit.
Error Messages:
Disc Not Available
Park Brake Fault
Emergency Assist Break Fault
Gearbox Fault
Engine Over Heat Alert
ABS Fault
And more

Old 01-10-2023, 02:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you have anything plugged into the usb ports, disconnect them and see if the faults go away
If not, try charging the battery and resetting the battery monitoring system

Old 01-12-2023, 01:11 AM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

This flurry of messages is just an indication of modules being unable to communicate. Usually this is due to low voltage, prompting battery replacement.

Now coming into this after that was done already, how old was old the battery. If less than 3 years old then that could mean a different problem. This car is stuffed with dozens of modules and multiple junction boxes all connected in a web or series. If any of the components or connections start flaking out, this is the result. You would think that the dealer techs with the diagnostic tools they have at their disposal would pinpoint a fault after that amount of time in their expensive shop.

Check physical connections. Check for water ingress. It could be a wiring harness being pinched somewhere if intermittent. And last, the new battery could be testing as good, but actually be trash. Replacement part quality has gone off a cliff in the past few years.

Old 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM

Hey, did you fix the Problem? I have the Same on my Sportbrake, but cant find the Problem...