XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Android Interface

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Android Interface

Hi anyone with experience in this, will this unit work on old 2010.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dT3HwuK

Old 07-09-2020, 07:34 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Hi anyone with experience in this, will this unit work on old 2010.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dT3HwuK
I've not used that particular equipment or tried to do such a thing on a Jaguar. I have fitted a similar unit to an Audi previously, but how successful this will be depends on what the head unit currently does. The Audi head unit was just a basic CD/Radio combo so it didn't really have any other impact on the car. The issue with replacing something more complex like in the Jaguar is that a number of the car functions are controlled though that head unit and replacing it with an aftermarket is unlikely to support them, for example the heated/cooled seat or heated steering wheel controls, in car clock, folding mirror control etc. There might also be functions in there that are crucial to other functions of the car and any replacement unit would need to support that. I've never seen such a thing.

There's some more about it in this old thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...please-144005/

Old 07-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fivel
I've not used that particular equipment or tried to do such a thing on a Jaguar. I have fitted a similar unit to an Audi previously, but how successful this will be depends on what the head unit currently does. The Audi head unit was just a basic CD/Radio combo so it didn't really have any other impact on the car. The issue with replacing something more complex like in the Jaguar is that a number of the car functions are controlled though that head unit and replacing it with an aftermarket is unlikely to support them, for example the heated/cooled seat or heated steering wheel controls, in car clock, folding mirror control etc. There might also be functions in there that are crucial to other functions of the car and any replacement unit would need to support that. I've never seen such a thing.

There's some more about it in this old thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...please-144005/
Thanks I'm aware of that, this box doesn't replace the original one its a video interface, , adds video input to the original head unit

Old 07-10-2020, 03:33 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Thanks I'm aware of that, this box doesn't replace the original one its a video interface, , adds video input to the original head unit
Ah, that wasn't clear in the ad, but that makes more sense. I suppose the head doesn't care what is going on then, it will just display whatever the incoming feed has on it. Does it pretend to be the TV interface or one of the fwd/reverse camera? I presume your Jag head unit would need to already have an active input for it to replace, otherwise you would need to re programme it to active that interface.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:56 AM
Received 4,457 Likes on 2,427 Posts

That unit will NOT work on a 2010 XF.

It is meant for the new X260 model XF, with the InControl Touch audio system.

If your 2010 X250 does not have factory navigation, then it would have to be retrofitted & enabled first, in order to utilise the GVIF input.