XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Make sure you mention the jag forums to ensure you get the discount price guys. I hope I was able to help you all out. Please press the Thanks button if I did.

The following 2 users liked this post by BigCat09:
bryce804 (05-11-2012), Reaxions (05-15-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Im going to try and order this next week. 675$ shipped is an awesome price. There website is 825$ plus shipping. If I end up thinking its to loud ill just put the stock peices back on.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very interested. You just saved me alot of cash, Thanks! ordering in the next 2 weeks for the XFR

Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by the_dimwit
While I'm not able to purchase right now, it looks like the price you're getting from Mina is a good deal. Adds 10-12 HP to the car. Combined with the Peformance Intake (another 10-14 HP) and you can take a 5.0 NA from 385 HP to 405-411 HP.

Is that kind of gain worth the $$?

--Dim
You'd get it for the sound/look not necessarily the performance gain. The exhaust they are selling is only the short rear section. You would only gain hp from a slightly better muffler but it wouldn't be much so I'd question even the 10-12 hp claim. Is it worth the cash? That's up to you.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I may be in as well....but are the units all the same on the 5.0? supercharged and otherwise?

Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
You'd get it for the sound/look not necessarily the performance gain. The exhaust they are selling is only the short rear section. You would only gain hp from a slightly better muffler but it wouldn't be much so I'd question even the 10-12 hp claim. Is it worth the cash? That's up to you.

I agree, I am doing it for the sound and looks, the car already has ample power for a sedan and 10 hp is probably not noticeable anyway. If I need a crazy hp and acceleration fix I jump into my 600+ hp Z06 Corvette and have at it. I do enjoy driving my XF SC everyday, always in Dynamic Mode, the trans in Sport and paddle shifting it, a little more of a sporty sound out the back will be the icing on the cake!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 PM

how much for an exh for the 5.0 xfr???

Old 05-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

good for a 2002 xkr also? If so, Im in. How do I contact them? Im a newbie to this site

Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member

This price is the same for all XF variants. The 5.0L versions have slighlty larger inlet tubing and are also a tad bit louder than the 4.2L versions.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by knowledge
good for a 2002 xkr also? If so, Im in. How do I contact them? Im a newbie to this site

Go to minagallery.com and call them on the phone number listed.

My exhaust is scheduled to arrive on Wed!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine today. Thanks for the deal!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member

I also heard that they mention the 4.2L version is only margianlly louder than stock. I hear the 5.0L is a tad louder than that one so it should fit the XFR's big bully attitude well. I also heard that the 4.2L is not that marginal, they actually have a very nice growl to them.

For those who got the 4.2l version please make a youtube video of before and after so others can know right away if they want this item as well. I havent seen any XF with a Mina on it yet on YouTube.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:54 PM

I have installed the Mina exhaust on my 09 XF SC.

The fit and finish of the Mina exhaust is very good, I saw no issues with mine.

The install was simple, one clamp on each side and 2 rubber mounts, the old ones came off and the new ones went on, I had the rear wheels up on ramps.

The quad tips fit perfectly in the factory location and look awesome, I positioned mine with the tips sticking out from the valance to make it look aggressive. (will post some pics, did not get around to taking those yet)

The sound is PERFECT, it is pretty subdued at idle but you hear a distinct low rumble, rev it up and it sounds awesome, the way a luxury sport sedan should sound, very Aston Martin like! On the highway it pretty much disappears and sounds like stock at cruise, push on the gas and you will hear it, the system is very well tuned. I have not heard any of the dreaded drone, it is loudest when you start off in second gear (which I usually do as first gear is so short, trans in sport, dynamic mode on and paddle shifting) and move between 1500 and say 2500 rpm or so, right where I want to hear it in daily driving, as soon as you start to cruise the sound level diminishes. It does make the throttle blip while downshifting with the paddles a real joy.

Attached is a pic showing the factory and Mina exhausts side by side.
I will take some more pics and post them when I get a chance.

I am VERY happy with the sound and look of the Mina system and this group buy is the icing on the cake.

Attached Thumbnails Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?-img-20120516-00491.jpg  
Old 05-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Nnnniiiiiiccccceeee

Old 05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just ordered mine... I've been wanting a "louder" more aggressive exhaust since I bought my XF... especially after selling my CTS-V with it's Magnaflo. At this price it was an obvious decision... and it doesn't hurt that wifey is on board at the moment... What's that phrase... strike while the iron is hot... haha. Mina said it's going out today and I can't wait... Now it's a race to see if the exhaust get here before my car is out of the shop... AGAIN!!

Whoever started this thread and allowed this price to happen deserves a big thanks!!!

Originally Posted by BigCat09
For those who got the 4.2l version please make a youtube video of before and after so others can know right away if they want this item as well. I havent seen any XF with a Mina on it yet on YouTube.
I'll do a before and after vid as soon as I get my car back....

Last edited by Wife's Tech; 05-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

Guys, I am glad That this is working out. I have been bugging Chris at Mina every week with questions about everything on Jags. He has taken lots of time and spoke with me on every topic and about things that are not even related to Mina.
These are the type of Vendors I have no issues with paying for their product and endorsing it.
I really hope I was able to help any of you to get this deal and help with the decision to buy from Mina.

And for those who Pressed the "THANKS" button ,thank you again.
I hope to see some pictures from you guys from many angles and lots of various sound clips. I would also love to hear or know if any of you will also be deleting your stock Resonator and adding a X-Pipe for those who want the sound to be incresed just a tad more?

Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So looks like you don't even have to cut the original exhaust off at the axle for these...is this correct? It looks like there is a clamp at the axle to undo - if so it'll be a 30 minute job.

Someone post some pics and sound installed and pre installed.....sometimes the sound alone is worth the purchase.

Does Mina have any dyno sheets to back up their HP gain claim? Again, sometimes the sound is just worth the price.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by macc24
So looks like you don't even have to cut the original exhaust off at the axle for these...is this correct? It looks like there is a clamp at the axle to undo - if so it'll be a 30 minute job.

Someone post some pics and sound installed and pre installed.....sometimes the sound alone is worth the purchase.

Does Mina have any dyno sheets to back up their HP gain claim? Again, sometimes the sound is just worth the price.

No cutting, simply loosen the stock clamp, remove the 2 rubber hangers and that is it!

I will try to post some installed pics and video when I get the chance.

I'm a car guy and have modded every car I've owned (50 cars and counting) this exhaust at this price is a total no brainer anyone that is considering an exhaust and doesn't go for this deal does not really want one in the first place.

Even if it does add 10hp, it will not be noticeable, buy it for the looks and sound.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just waiting to hear the before and after sounds. I've done a few cat-back mods in the past but have stayed away from axle-backs.....wasn't worth the price difference for the work involved. Looking forward to hearing the new growl.....I bet it will be tempting.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 AM

Hi guys do u know any place can sell the old muffler once installed the mina one.
Thx

Quick Reply: Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?