XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm with Jlindy....having a basic microphone down on the ground behind the car like that gives you a sense for how it might sound but without back to back its pretty hard to discern what the difference would be. Not saying the OP didn't provide real value by posting what he has!...just that I would be hard pressed to say whether that was flat stock or not with my eyes closed.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jlindy
Wow dude, that certainly wasn't a cool answer. Yes I own the car but can't really tell much difference from stock from the recording which is why it would be helpful, as others have suggested too, to have a before and after. Same recording device, same point of reference, that's all. Let's be nice now skippy.

All I can say is wow as well!

There was something there to take offense to?

It was just an obvious observation from where I stand sport.

Last edited by 09XFSuper; 05-24-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: sp
Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal
Too funny. I agree, it sounds totally different from stock to me.
Yeah but to some it sounds like stock apparently, seems night and day different in tone and pitch to me! It is louder but not crazily so and for sure a better quality sound than stock which is appropriate for, and in keeping with, the character of a luxury sport sedan.

Driving with the windows open you can hear the burble when accelerating or decelerating, with windows closed you hear a tone coming from the rear and the burble is less noticeable. Overall it is more than worth the money, $675 for a quality exhaust like this is CHEAP!

Old 05-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I was saving this for a before and after : Stock Jaguar XFR Exhaust - YouTube

This is my stock 2010 XFR exhaust from 6ft away and on a side angle. I will post the same distance and angle of the Miona when it arrives to compare all the same. The sound from the direct rear of the car would impact the microphone to wear the sound of before and after is to close sounding alike. So here is a stock sound clip for those who want ot hear stock first.

The following 2 users liked this post by BigCat09:
bryce804 (05-24-2012), luv2fly30 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 PM

That stock XFR sounds not bad, better than my 09 XF SC sounded when stock.

I would say the Mina system on my car sounds better than the stock XFR.

I think the Mina system on the XFR will sound awesome!

Old 05-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just ordered mine - at this price it is worth a punt. Thanks BigCat09!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

09XFSuper,

The car sounds AMAZING!

The video camera did a good job too recording it. I can definitely tell the difference.

And, you have to put up some more pictures of your car. Looks stunning.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Executive
09XFSuper,

The car sounds AMAZING!

The video camera did a good job too recording it. I can definitely tell the difference.

And, you have to put up some more pictures of your car. Looks stunning.

Thanks Executive, I love this car, I think I will keep it for a long time (which is not something I have traditionally done)! To that end I have changed out all the fluids in the car, will be changing out the spark plugs soon and probably the drive belt(s) and it should be good for a long while. The Mina exhaust look and sound really make the car even more appealing to me. With 70k miles on the car it still looks like new inside and out! Many people have asked if it is brand new!

Some pics :

Attached Thumbnails Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?-img_00000273.jpg   Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?-img_00000061.jpg   Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?-img_00000048.jpg  

Last edited by 09XFSuper; 05-31-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Those wheels look so perfect on it. I haven't bought an XF yet, but i already starting shopping for wheels. lol
Might have to pick up a set of those. Are they 20x10 all around?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I can't wait I just ordered mine yesterday 675 shipped is a steal

Old 05-31-2012, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Executive
Those wheels look so perfect on it. I haven't bought an XF yet, but i already starting shopping for wheels. lol
Might have to pick up a set of those. Are they 20x10 all around?

Thanks, I thought so to! I shopped around quite a bit before settling on these wheels, wanted something sporty and classy at the same time.

They are a staggered fitment, 20x10.5 on the rear and 20x9 on the front I believe, nice positive offset with stock size tires.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member

I just put mine on yesterday and took lots of pics during the install and lots of video of driving. They are uploading to youtube now. Stay tuned for the How to Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I just put mine on yesterday and took lots of pics during the install and lots of video of driving. They are uploading to youtube now. Stay tuned for the How to Thread

BigCat09,

I just went on youtube and checked you out. It sounds great and looks just as good as it sounds. I like how you tapered the tailpipes to fit right along with the valance. Thats how the factory ones look and the Minas fit beautifully with the tapered look. Keeps it in line with the Sport/ Luxury look of the car without making it look like a muscle hot rod. You might want to let everyone know what your YouTube moniker is so that you'll be easier to find.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member

^ thank you very much for the nice comments. You found the vids before I could make the new install thread.
Let me say this about the Mina , The video does NOT do the sound justice at all! The sound is so rich and deep the mic wont pic that up, this is right smack dead in the middle of to silent and to loud, so that means it is just right!
And at this cost, you cant beat it.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by BigCat09
^ thank you very much for the nice comments. You found the vids before I could make the new install thread.
Let me say this about the Mina , The video does NOT do the sound justice at all! The sound is so rich and deep the mic wont pic that up, this is right smack dead in the middle of to silent and to loud, so that means it is just right!
And at this cost, you cant beat it.

I agree, the Mina system sounds just right and it really is cheap! I wonder if it is manufactured by Borla?

Old 05-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member

^ I am going to take a guess that Mina in Cali has made the initial jig of the original. And then sent the finished product to china and has mass produced many ,then ship back to Cali for distibution.
I know tons of companies do this for their systems as well.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I just got mine in the mail can't wait to install it tomorw

Old 06-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

I guess I'll get off my butt and place my order today.

The next best bang for buck mod should be downpipes. Cat-less or hi-flow cats would make a huge difference on the SC cars. Does Mina offer downpipes for any car?

Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

^ you are correct, Catless will be very loud, but there are a few out there for the Jag that are 200 cell count vs the stock 600 cell cats. All cats are made by either magnaflow or vibrant, just others make the end caps to fit each car and then stamp them with their names, lol. Good gains to get from the cats.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

I installed my Mina Exhaust yesterday. There are a few issues I noted that I'm surprised nobody mentioned:

1. The inner tip/pipe on each side after the muffler was making contact with a thin section of sheet metal at the rear of the car. I had to bend this up on each side which was relatively easy since it's so thin. If this isn't done the exhaust would be rubbing against it non-stop (noise/damage to exhaust piping?). See pictures attached showing one of the two sides. The other side is the same way.

2. The exhaust clamps are cheap t-bolt intake clamps (~$1.50 each). T-bolt clamps are made to keep silicone couplers from blowing off of intake pipes not for crushing down exhaust piping. They really should have sent a exhaust band clamp (~$10). For what you pay I think they could have forked over for decent clamps. You can't reuse the stock clamps because they are spot welded on to the section that was removed.

On my setup: The right side section of piping that connects up to the stock exhaust was crushed at the end slightly so I had to bend it out before it would fit over the stock piping. It was packed pretty well in the shipping box so it must have been packed that way. Easy fix but it was a little disappointing.

Sound impressions: It might be a bit too quiet at full throttle and a bit too noisy in the lower RPMS but I'm being pretty critical. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Attached Thumbnails Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?-exhaustissue01.jpg   Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?-exhaustissue02.jpg  

Last edited by Blackcoog; 06-12-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Interest in a Mina Exhaust Group Buy?