XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Any Quality Mechanic/AutoShops in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016 | 12:25 PM
|
Lightbulb Any Quality Mechanic/AutoShops in Chicago?

We deal with Imperial Motors Jaguar of Wilmette in IL and I find them to be super expensive...

I've got a 2010 Jaguar XF and bought a new battery about a year ago. Without driving the car in 2 days, battery completely died. I jumpstarted the car and now I get this check engine light msg on dashboard.

Just to get this inspected I'm paying a total of $150 for labor and insert whatever sounds important here. Are there any relationship-based places in the Chicagoland area? Loyalty has to count for something. Always feel like I'm getting screwed over here. I'm in north-suburbs.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by tispe; 03-25-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-26-2016 | 06:56 PM

Hey,

Yea the dealerships are a pricier way to go.

Mike from Eurotoys in Elgin is a seriously professional and super nice guy. He knows his Jags and has some real experience. I always see some high end cars or hot rods being worked on when I'm getting work done. Straight shooter. Cool location with some nice winding roads to get there.

I do use the same car dealer, rarely though, always check the car and components before signing any paperwork. (forgotten fuse cover, chips that happened on their watch that had to be addressed, oil on front bumper) Just enough to get annoyed. Also denied a test drive.

- FabFive

The following 2 users liked this post by fabfive:
Eurotoys (03-26-2016), tispe (04-16-2016)
Old 03-29-2016 | 12:24 PM

I have used E.D.I. Auto Repair
in Lake in the Hills.
They pulled my engine to replace the head gaskets (failure due to the factory milling the head wrong).

Old 04-12-2016 | 10:49 PM

Completely off topic, but, when you bought your jag at imperial were they easy to work with on price? And are they more of a st3al3rship or a legitimate business. Going to see an xf sc this weekend and just trying to get an idea of why to expect so that I don't waste my time or gas like I did with my xfr experience last month

Old 04-14-2016 | 06:40 PM

They are a legitimate business.
David, who was a service manager for a very long time, was one of the most hard working, honest and polite gentleman I've met in the service side of things at any dealer. I believe he just retired, awesome guy.

I didn't purchase through Imperial, I go there for warranty work only.
Mistakes happen in any business, and don't blame them for human error that was an accident and not laziness. Good people imo.

Old 04-16-2016 | 10:51 AM
|

Originally Posted by fabfive
Hey,

Yea the dealerships are a pricier way to go.

Mike from Eurotoys in Elgin is a seriously professional and super nice guy. He knows his Jags and has some real experience. I always see some high end cars or hot rods being worked on when I'm getting work done. Straight shooter. Cool location with some nice winding roads to get there.

I do use the same car dealer, rarely though, always check the car and components before signing any paperwork. (forgotten fuse cover, chips that happened on their watch that had to be addressed, oil on front bumper) Just enough to get annoyed. Also denied a test drive.

- FabFive
Thanks! I'll check them out.

Old 04-16-2016 | 10:53 AM
|

Originally Posted by Old Sport
Completely off topic, but, when you bought your jag at imperial were they easy to work with on price? And are they more of a st3al3rship or a legitimate business. Going to see an xf sc this weekend and just trying to get an idea of why to expect so that I don't waste my time or gas like I did with my xfr experience last month
I purchased my XF from Jaguar of Naperville on Ogden Ave. Go there instead! You're in much better hands there, I can speak from experience. Let me know how it went

Old 04-21-2016 | 02:09 PM

Hey, I live one town over from you. In fact I used to have a couple of homes in Naperville.
Well I am glad that your purchase went well. I had a nightmare experience with their service department that makes me warry of ever doing business with Patrick Jaguar.
Originally Posted by tispe
I purchased my XF from Jaguar of Naperville on Ogden Ave. Go there instead! You're in much better hands there, I can speak from experience. Let me know how it went