XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

any recommendations for a good service dept in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

d550,

I have had reasonably good support from Rusnak Jaguar in Pasadena. Some of the reviews I read have had a negative cast but my experience has been pretty good so far.

They have an enterprise rent a car with jags, mercedes, etc. on premises and if you make sure you make it clear the service advisor is to make a reservation for you they will have a Jag for temporary use "if available". I did get stuck with a chrysler 300M but not a Corrolla. Credit card for the incidentals is not charged if you bring it back with same gas. Returning the car involves handing the rental keys to the service advisor.

There has been some problem with uncertainty as to whether something would be covered under warranty until it is identified, submitted to Jaguar for approval and confirmed. This has been a subject of some adverse on line comments. I think it has more to do with personality of service manager and Jaguar corporate. I have had a few discussions with him prior to choosing them for warranty service and at first was a little put off by not answering whethter something would be a warranty item. The situation seems to be one of the service manager does not commit until certain that something will be covered as Jaguar tends to change the policy on these issues daily. It could also be a situation that there is not direct familiarity with my model as one of the problems I had, I went in with knowledge there was a service bulletin covering the item.

Example of interaction: Seat head rests not operational but motor would make noise when switch was activated. A common problem to each and every Jag xk8 and xkr I drove, older than 2005. I asked the scottsdale AZ dealer to check as part of buyers inspection and they missed it. This is covered under a select edition certified warranty that transferred with the car. From my understanding the service bulletin calls for removal of seat back, adjustment of cable mechanism and some other mechanical correction where no parts are required.

The service manager could not find a way to get adjustment authorized but found a way to get motor assembly replaced aas the assembly as a whole was not operating. Jag authorized, all was well, parts got back ordered. Service manager did research found customer did have a little background, found service bulletin, had car back later that afternoon. A little miffed that they did not take my word for it but OK with the idea that they were going to come up with a work around one way or another to solve the problem.

The prevailing opening phrase has been "If this were a new Jag, we know it would be covered, select edition warranty covers a lot but it is not bumper to bumper, we have to call for authorization before we commit to you". I would expect the service to be good on a new vehicle.

They have been responsible with respect to advising ahead of time of what they would be doing to my vehicle before doing it (covered or not) and advising what charges would be involved. The problems have been resolved to a level at least matching my level of expectation.

I have no first hand experience with Coventry West and do not know if they are a dealer for new cars or exactly where they are (sorry guys, best plug I can do). I have seen contributions here offered with insight and good spirit.

I am in Chino Hillls, closer to Ontario and Anaheim but did not feel as warm and fuzzy when I talked to service managers about different models, their problems and traits.

I don't know if they are within 20 miles but I drove a little farther to get a little better care.

I think they may also offer a service on the new ones where truck pulls up, drops loaner jag off loads jag to be serviced up and returns car same way. They are a Bentley, RR, Prosche, Jag, etc. dealer. They do charge accordingly when it is on your dime. They have always found a way for it not to be on my dime (ok 57.50 plus tax for additive amonsgst about $4,000 worth of warranty work).

Hope that helps,
Steven (1avguy)

Old 08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

i would say galpin jaguar good central location awsome service facility and frendly staff
thousand oaks is a nice store but may be far
hornburg in hollywood and santa monica
and rusnak in pasadena

it all depends on you location and what is closer to you

Last edited by Teck4Jag; 08-30-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:18 AM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

i would say try them and see what fits you best.