XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Any Techs Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Any Techs Out There?

Hi Folks,

Several months ago I purchased a 2012 CPO Jaguar XF which had 10,000 miles.

A couple of months back after starting the car in the morning. I received an Adaptive Headlight Error warning. After shutting the car for 15 minutes and re starting the warning message went away and had not returned.

A few weeks later the car was in for a service and I mentioned this to the service department. They checked it out and said that the left side headlight assembly was bad and needed to be replaced. Parts were ordered and the job was done under warranty.

One month later the exact same pattern occurred and I brought the car back to the dealer. After checking it out they said that the one month old headlight assembly on left side was bad and must have been defective. It would need to be replaced again. Parts have been ordered and I have an appointment for next week to once again have the left side headlight assembly replaced. Their official diagnosis was that the motor of the left side adaptive headlight unit was burnt out.

They agreed that this was odd and also told me that the entire electrical system was checked and found to be OK. I have had zero additional problems with this car and enjoy it very much. They said that since this was odd, they would be entering it into the Jaguar "tech line" to see if there was anything else to consider before just installing a third left side headlight assembly. I have concerns that if the part has not been modified, or other problem identified, in one month it is quite likely that I will have the same problem again.

I feel that something else is wrong and that it is quite unlikely that I am the only owner of an XF who will now have had two defective left side headlight assemblies replaced on a car with 13,000 miles. I have never had a headlight assembly replaced in any other car with adaptive headlights that I have owned and they were considerably older. I certainly do not want to return to the dealer every month with the same problem and diagnosis. That would be just plain absurd.

Would any of our Jaguar techs or other forum members have any clue as to what may be going on? Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ed

Old 01-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Adaptive Headlight Problem

Can anyone provide any info regarding the headlight problems that I have been having? Thanks.

Ed