XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Anyone interested in an XF 5.0 Supercharged cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 03:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Anyone interested in an XF 5.0 Supercharged cheap?

So, I'm here again considering what to do with my beloved XF 5.0S. After 186K she is finally having major issues. I have HUGE amounts of grayish bluish smoke billowing from the tail pipes and a pool of oil in the intake. Coolant level hasn't gone down so I'm not sure that it's the head gasket. Plus if the car runs long enough it will stop smoking, but my neighbors aren't having it. Looking to see if anyone is looking for a large number of parts and just wants the car as is. Incredible long shot I know, but I just can't decide what to do with it. Best offer a junker has given me so far is 1100 and I just can't bare it. I will update this post with current pictures of her, just wanted to put this up while I had a few mins downtime. Any suggestions welcome. Below are all the details about the car that I can think of.

Car is black with ivory interior
Front bumper replaced due to front end collision as a result of hydroplaning. (check those rears people, don't be like me!) No front sensors, bumper is in rough condition. Crash bar mounting rail on drivers side bent, I was able to modify the radiator support to get the hood to close with no hood warning light. See pictures (I will post them asap.) Breaks my heart, prior to the accident she was so beautiful and well taken care of.
Driver side headlight is from base model XF so the light isn't the same color as the passenger side.
When car is not billowing smoke it runs alright, if you try to step on it tho she chokes, still accelerates okay if you're easy on her.
Interior rear vent assembly missing
Trunk interior lining missing, I still have the removable carpet pad.
New battery
Probably time for new brakes and rotors. Stops just fine and has full power. Rotors are drilled and slotted. Looks sharp.
Pulley and tune dynoed at 524 RWHP and 510RWTQ. Ran dozens of quarter mile passes - 12.1x in the quarter mile, not these days tho
Hood and roof have poor paint quality, rest of car is good considering miles.
Wheels are pretty nice, some curb damage. I will post pics of them soon.
Tires are all mismatched due to flats from road debris (Damn central Florida I-4)
Transmission and rear end are totally fine, never had an issue with either one.
Timing chain noise on warm restarts (been like that since around 86K.)
Oil changed every 7500 miles (per indy recommend.) with Castrol Edge Professional OE 5w20. Oil checked every week, has never gone below asking for .5 quart.
AC and heat work great!
On occasion the infotainment system likes to reboot several times, stops after driven a mile or two.
Passenger window won't go down, can hear the motor start.
Driver side door lock seems to have issues, have to push the luck lever closed. All other door locks are fine.
Horn missing, no place to mount it after the accident.
Engine light on, can't remember the code right now, will update this soon.
Airbag light on
TPMS light on, I think the driver's side front wheel isn't getting a signal.
I think that is all, I'll update with more information about it if I think of something.

Thanks for looking. Not sure if I will add to the marketplace on here yet or not, for now just gauging interest.

Old 03-12-2020, 05:37 PM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

That car has served you well and I think the junker's deal was more than fair BUT what YEAR is the car??

Old 03-12-2020, 05:50 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

2011, it's in my signature. Is my signature not showing up again? Seem to have this problem a lot on here...not sure why. I think the junker's offer is fair too, I'd rather have someone take her for parts. I know she'll end up at the junkers eventually, I just don't want to be the one to do it.