XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Attention vendors

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Attention vendors

There is a lack of performance parts for the Jaguar XFR. You guys need to step up you game. Our only options are exhaust, tune and pulley. Can someone develop a cold air intake system for our cars to add more hp? Or an aggressive tune that doesn't cost $2000.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Agreed on the tune cost. I would be right there with you.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 PM

Even a handheld programmer would be great.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

As someone who works in bringing new technology to customers, I can see why this situation exists. Jag are expensive cars (when new, at least) and have a limited volume. Typical owner profiles are not the types to modify their cars. So the market for any mods is massively reduced. Because the cars are expensive and well engineered, and owners generally educated and discerning, any development of mods will be expensive because they will have to be well engineered. So the end price will be expensive too.

So I guess my question is, why should they step up their game? There is probably little, if any profit to be made. I can understand your frustration, but the best route to modding a car like these is to work with a good, local and willing performance shop to create bespoke solutions for your car. Expensive and time consuming, but ultimately satisfying. It looks as though a few owners have taken this route with various mods.

I am really surprised that nobody offers a copy of the XKR-S power mods (which is just tune isn't it?). It would surely be easy to work out how it is done and offer it cheaply? And it would appeal to owners because Jaguar clearly believe that the engine can take it.

The following users liked this post:
Brutal (06-28-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

[quote=darlo;

I am really surprised that nobody offers a copy of the XKR-S power mods (which is just tune isn't it?). It would surely be easy to work out how it is done and offer it cheaply? And it would appeal to owners because Jaguar clearly believe that the engine can take it.[/quote]

It is in the works already. There is a few of us here having a tune to be offered for a reasonable price, maybe around $1k and it will give the same benefits and more of the other tunes that cost $2K. As far as other parts to be made you are right with everything you mentioned.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Just not enough cars out there IMHO.

And out of all of those cars combined, what % of owners will be looking for serious tuning mods?

Some, certainly, but enough to run a profitable business, and be able to provide 'reasonable' cost improvements, I doubt it.

Groups of highly skilled and enthusiastic electronics/automotive engineers getting together to work something out for their own cars/inquisitiveness and then maybe offering something, would be a start.

But whatever the offering, it would have to be backed up by proven figures, otherwise, no takers.

Mind you, if China becomes the main market for 'Hot Jaguars', then I would think that things would move forward rather quickly.

Just my 2cts.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

A tune is just software....and once developed, no real cost of goods to sell over and over again. At $1k I would have done it by now probably. At $2k not gonna happen. I guess the question is what the price point would need to be to accelerate sales? See what I did there?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 PM

I would be happy with another 50hp to the wheels. A $1000 tune sounds good. Hope someone can start offering it. $1800 is way too much and the pulley is super hard to put on. Way too dangerous IMO and not worth the measly hp gain.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of Tunes, Any chance the dealer know what was done? I only have to put gas and tires on my 11, would not want that to change.