XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

AUX Jack Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUX Jack Feedback

just bought a 2009 XF two days ago. So far i am loving it, however i have been having some audio issues. The biggest one is the massive amount of feedback I'm getting through the AUX port. When AUX is selected as the source I get a loud sound that's similar to rainfall until i start playing music at which point the noise is minimized to a near un-auditory background fuzz, although is still present.

I have tried different cables, however this noise occurs even when no cable is connected. Is it possible that this would be caused by a bad amplifier? if not how to i go about fixing this issue? i need to use the port to install a stereo Bluetooth adapter.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:11 AM
Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Aaron, did you ever get this resolved? My 2009 XF has the same problem. Very frustrating. I had the car at the dealer a few days ago and the service manager told me that it was 'engineered that way'. What a tool.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Same here. Seems to go away if I actually connect something. Most of the time I don't use it, as I have a 128GB USB stick with music, IPod and SirrusXM.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by timfountain
Same here. Seems to go away if I actually connect something. Most of the time I don't use it, as I have a 128GB USB stick with music, IPod and SirrusXM.
Those types of sounds are usually a type of feedback that comes from power wires running too close to signal wires, but I would imagine these would be shielded. You could try replacing that wire.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:07 AM
Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't speak for others, but at least one other person (Aaron) described my scenario:
- Not related to charging; the noise is there regardless of whether I'm charging or not.
- Noise is MUCH more pronounced if *NOTHING* is plugged in to the AUX jack; noise gets quieter when I plug something in to the 1/8" jack, but it never disappears.
- The noise is only on the AUX channel; all other channels are nice and quiet.

This is really frustrating, as I have a hard time imagining that anyone, while testing the car, scrolled through the sources, heard the noise when AUX was selected, and said, "Yeah; that's precisely what people should hear when they select AUX on their Jaguar." So either they're idiots in Coventry, or not all XF's do this; I hope it's the latter. Which makes me again wonder why my particular car is making the noise.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DGorvetzian
I can't speak for others, but at least one other person (Aaron) described my scenario:
- Not related to charging; the noise is there regardless of whether I'm charging or not.
- Noise is MUCH more pronounced if *NOTHING* is plugged in to the AUX jack; noise gets quieter when I plug something in to the 1/8" jack, but it never disappears.
- The noise is only on the AUX channel; all other channels are nice and quiet.

This is really frustrating, as I have a hard time imagining that anyone, while testing the car, scrolled through the sources, heard the noise when AUX was selected, and said, "Yeah; that's precisely what people should hear when they select AUX on their Jaguar." So either they're idiots in Coventry, or not all XF's do this; I hope it's the latter. Which makes me again wonder why my particular car is making the noise.
Well, I can tell you that my 09 S/C doesn't make that noise, so he's full of the things people are sometimes full of.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:31 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmmmm. Interesting. I get wicked static on the radio if I turn on the rear window defroster. Really annoying.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually connect something