XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Battery disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery disconnect

I came across this forum searching for a remedy for my friends 2015 Jaguar XF.

Are there any complications that can arise from disconnecting the battery such as security codes for the radio or requiring some dealer diagnostic computer to reset things? I no nothing about this beautiful car and I’m trying to avoid opening a can of worms.

Essentially what happened was my friend was cleaning her car and broke her turn signal. Somehow this caused her headlights to remain on and killed her battery. Two days later after a $500 repair her display read unable to set the parking break. I found the procedure to reset this here and wanted to attempt it before going back to the shop.

Also, if anyone has the Parking brake module reset procedure specific to the XF and could post it I would appreciate it. I did search and the procedure I found seemed more relevant to different models.

Thank you in advance.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:46 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by James Nigh
I came across this forum searching for a remedy for my friends 2015 Jaguar XF.

Are there any complications that can arise from disconnecting the battery such as security codes for the radio or requiring some dealer diagnostic computer to reset things? I no nothing about this beautiful car and I’m trying to avoid opening a can of worms.

Essentially what happened was my friend was cleaning her car and broke her turn signal. Somehow this caused her headlights to remain on and killed her battery. Two days later after a $500 repair her display read unable to set the parking break. I found the procedure to reset this here and wanted to attempt it before going back to the shop.

Also, if anyone has the Parking brake module reset procedure specific to the XF and could post it I would appreciate it. I did search and the procedure I found seemed more relevant to different models.

Thank you in advance.
You don't usually have to do anything complicated after disconnecting the battery.

In terms of resetting the electronic parking brake you do the following:

1. Disconnect the battery for at least 30 seconds.
2. Re-connect the battery.
3. Start the car.
4. Firmly apply and release the footbrake five times, You should see 'NOT CALIBRATED' or 'APPLY FOOT AND PARK BRAKE' displayed on the instrument cluster.
5. Lightly press the footbrake pedal.
6. Apply the parking brake by using the EPB switch.
7. Release the parking brake.
8. Release the footbrake.
9. Check the error is no longer being shown.
10. Apply and release the EPB five times to make sure it doesn't come back.

Old 08-20-2020, 07:36 AM
Received 120 Likes on 103 Posts

There is no radio code.

You may have to reset the one-touch operation on the windows.

1) Open a window fully & release switch

2) Wait 2 secs then press switch again & hold for a few secs (it may make a small sound as it sets)

The one-touch open setting is now set. Fully close the window & repeat step 2. Do this for all four windows.

Test windows to make sure the one-touch works.

Last edited by User 42324; 08-20-2020 at 07:38 AM.