XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Been a while! Show you what I've been up too!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 514 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Been a while! Show you what I've been up too!!

So I've decided to keep my 09 XF for a while longer. Debating on an F-Pace in a couple years and frankly, I LOVE my XF!! I've tested so many newer ones but just don't feel them! Engines not the same, hate stop start, and it's hard to find exactly what I want in a newer select XF.
So I've been updating the interior to make it feel new!
I sent my old steering wheel and my old veneer set and had them Hydro dipped in a carbon finish. They also totally redesigned and refinished the wheel exactly how I wanted it. Although it looses the heated option, I still prefer the new wheel!
I've refinished the climate and audio panel trim in matte plastidip to make the buttons look less blended in, and it really looks good. Matches the black shroud around the gages and touch screen. For once, this should have been black! I had it carbon dipped but it was too busy.
Finally, I added two 3mm chrome strips on the outer side of the silver "frame" around the console and they just finished it off.
I'm thinking about sending my existing set of veneer and steeringwheel (I swapped for a facelift wheel long ago) and having it dipped as well and selling it.
My next project is dying the seats black. I found a fantastic company that sells a great leather dye and prep set up, already used once on my drivers dove gray seat and it hasn't shown any wear in a year! Also changing headliner to black.

At least when I do sell it. It's going to be a very unique XF!!!

The following users liked this post:
Onedark1 (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

And wheel gets installed next week. I'll post finished pics and doors as well. Two door panels were damaged in shipping so I'm waiting for them to do all at once.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow ....Looks Awesome! I had my Eye on a replacement Carbon Fiber steering wheel on Ebay for about 1600.00....curious what your whole package cost to have dipped? I assuming you removed all the veneers and reinstalled yourself? You must be loving the new look !!

Old 02-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

That looks great!!! Very well done.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nicely done, looks great.

Where did you get the growler you have on the shift knob? I would love to put one on mine.

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Evlsmrf
Nicely done, looks great.

Where did you get the growler you have on the shift knob? I would love to put one on mine.

Thanks.
One of our XF Facebook members sells them. In black or red. I think he may have had on eBay as well. These are really easy to put on and reversable. The wood ones require removing the brushed disk, these go right over.

Evlsmrf (02-26-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gpalace
Wow ....Looks Awesome! I had my Eye on a replacement Carbon Fiber steering wheel on Ebay for about 1600.00....curious what your whole package cost to have dipped? I assuming you removed all the veneers and reinstalled yourself? You must be loving the new look !!
I do love it.
I also looked at the carbon wheel but no way I would pay 1600.00.
I had to open an account with the company to get this done because they don't sell to the public and don't stock any jaguar pieces at all, and had planned on possibly having them made and selling. The only thing is the carbon dip is just a bit off from the factory real carbon so I went with the full interior dipped.

Sending my second set of veneers and steering wheel to be done as well and probably sell it.
He just sent me the full samples of dips he has and there's a black wood grain with a silver base to it that looks amazing as well. Sort of a very modern take on the classic Jaguar wood look. It would make a stunning interior IMO. And especially the steering wheel. (Think I'm having the second set done in that finish)
If I do get to a point that I have wheels made, they will probably come about 600.00 US. I didn't realize how much work it was to rebuild the wheel to have the sport grips and the back is notched for more gripping. And they completly replace the leather as well.
I can get them done in piano black that matches perfectly to the factory black, but remember, it loses the heated option, as does every modified wheel from any body.
Oh, and the cost for the veneers dipped was a bit high due to the cracks and prep they had to do because I picked up mismatched pieces here and there. He says if I send better condition sets, the price will drop. (The veneers cost more than the wheel! Lesson learned)

Gpalace (02-26-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Ok gotcha....don't really want to loose the heated steering wheel function here in the Northeast ....Love the new wood grain picture you just posted!...that would be very special ...stunning. Anyway yours looks great ...what new wheels?