XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Black package front bumper | grills

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Black package front bumper | grills

All,

As much as it pains me to say it I had a minor accident with my XFR (hit a low curb) and as such the front bumper has to be replaced. I've asked Jag to replace the front chrome trim with the "Black Package" trim as I was planning on having it painted/plastidipped black anyway. After several days they said they can't find any such parts.

I know I've seen factory cars with all black trim and when I explained that they still had no clue what I was talking about. So am I crazy? Does such a package actually exist? Any idea where I'd find part numbers for them?

Thanks, hoping to have my baby back next week.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:13 AM
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is a link to my post on pre/post pictures with the list of parts. Hope this helps

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ctures-102163/

Old 01-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

The package looks nice on red cars. But on a black car, I think it needs a little chrome since it is a luxury sport car.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Sharky
The package looks nice on red cars. But on a black car, I think it needs a little chrome since it is a luxury sport car.
While I get what you're saying I'm a huge fan of the murdered/all-black look. I pretty much only own black cars and have done that with nearly every one I've owned and love the look. On an XF-R especially I think it looks so sinster I just can't help myself.

Thanks for the link to the other thread and for confirming for me there are in fact black parts that can be sourced. I'll call my guy back in Jag service and let him know.

-Ross

Old 01-08-2015, 04:47 AM
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I really like people that make the cars their own. Part of the personality of a car is the mods that an owner makes to the way a car looks. So whatever turns you on, is okay by me. I do like all black cars by the way. I just did not want my XF to be that way. That is why I put polished custom wheels on it and then added a carbon fiber front air splitter under the front bumper. When you get all the black parts on your car, please post a picture of it.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Sharky
I really like people that make the cars their own. Part of the personality of a car is the mods that an owner makes to the way a car looks. So whatever turns you on, is okay by me. I do like all black cars by the way. I just did not want my XF to be that way. That is why I put polished custom wheels on it and then added a carbon fiber front air splitter under the front bumper. When you get all the black parts on your car, please post a picture of it.
Yup, I agree completely - even when I see a car that I think looks stupid or dumb (in my opinion) I still think good for them. They are car people, they clearly love what they are driving and want to make it their own. So much better than someone buying a Honda Civic DX in brown and just driving it.

...then again sometimes I wish I was that guy as my bank account would be a lot happier! Trust me, as soon as I have her done I'll post up pictures.

-Ross

Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Received 164 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by LotusExige
Yup, I agree completely - even when I see a car that I think looks stupid or dumb (in my opinion) I still think good for them. They are car people, they clearly love what they are driving and want to make it their own. So much better than someone buying a Honda Civic DX in brown and just driving it.

...then again sometimes I wish I was that guy as my bank account would be a lot happier! Trust me, as soon as I have her done I'll post up pictures.

-Ross
The old saying 'de gustibus non disputandum' is most appropos. I think the important thing is to drive what you enjoy, and enjoy what you drive.

My other car is a Lotus Europa. Not everyone's taste. Not very many's taste in cars. Some like the front directional warts, others don't. A matter of taste, no doubt.

I think the changes you've described are subtle and totally in good taste. Look forward to seeing the photos; all of the mods everyone does contribute to the 'corporate memory' and stimulate thinking about how to/what to do to improve or change the kitty to match OUR taste.

(Full disclosure: I like painfully stock for restorations, if only to preserve the patina and breed...modern cars are more of a blank slate on which you can express more individuality; even though I only have a 308 right now, am upgrading the interior to include more VP touches, but not forgetting the modern accoutrements (bluetooth, nav, seat heaters, etc) that make the ride more comfortable)

Old 01-08-2015, 03:37 PM

+1

It seems we have much in common my friend as I fully agree with your post. And while I definitely fall on the other side of the fence in terms of the Europa I salute you for owning one, they are extremely rare cars and should not be molested beyond what Lotus did to them. I think the only exception there for vintage cars is if you're going full custom / hot rod type build and while that's not my thing either I can appreciate the beauty and skill it takes to truly do that right. But for a Europe stock stock stock.

And again modern cars you can do what you want - within reason and brand. A highly modded RR Ghost would be awful, that's a car you tint the windows on and call it a day. An XFR is pretty close to that I actually think - no wings or body kits but some light color changes are cool. My Exige - I've slapped every aero bit on it I can find (diffuser, skirts, canards, lip, huge wing, etc). As it's a track car I figure I can go as absolutely nuts as I want, assuming all those bits are functional (and they are). A Honda Accord with a huge wing - uh, no, no thanks.

Pictures in a few weeks when I get it back and the weather is nice enough to bring it out for the plastidip. Gotta figure out how I'm gonna do the window trim, I understand removing it basically breaks/ruins it but I'm terrified to try to mask/plastidip it while on the car. Not a car that you can have overspray on, right??

Old 01-09-2015, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Mina Gallery sells the black/black front grille, if Jag doesn't. $310, minagallery.com