XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Blown Passenger Door Meridian Speaker replacement/upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Passenger Door Meridian Speaker replacement/upgrade

Hi folks,
I've search the form and there's a wealth of information regarding the audio systems and replacement speaker, but it all get confusing due to the multitude of config available.

I have a 63 plate XF, MY13 or 14 I guess.
My Passenger door bass speaker has blown, even at low volumes it's shot.
I've ordered some door panel removal tools and while I wait I have a couple of question if you don't mind.
As I hate taking of door panels and possibly introduce rattles I want to get this right in one shot.
I might take the opportunity to replace both speakers and add some dynamat and foam too.

My system is the Meridian Surround, which I think is the 825W 17 Speaker, from what I've read.

I don't know the Part Number until I remove the panel, there's plenty of options on Ebay.
There's a paper cone, a yellow kevlar cone, a shiny plastic code.
All look to have 3 screw mounts.

Are they all interchangeable?
Are any model speakers better that the others?
If I swapped like for like with what's already there, do I need to replace both balance in sound reasons?

Which should I buy?

Sorry if this is frustrating and repetition of previous posts, I got snowed under with tabs.

Old 02-13-2023, 03:42 PM
Received 127 Likes on 106 Posts

In the F Type world the hot fix is to “upgrade” to the Kevlar LR premium drivers. If you search on the F Type side of the forum you’ll find the info.

You might want to check the existing circuit first, while it’s most likely the driver is blown, you’ll want to make sure before ordering replacements. Pop the door card off and hook up another driver to that circuit for a minute to make sure it’s not the amp giving you troubles.

When changing to a different driver, you always want to change them in pairs. If you replace the blown one with the “correct” part number for the car, you shouldn’t have to do the pair.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, just waiting for the door card removal tools and I'll take a look, I've watched removal videos and it's seems very simple.
I'll browse the F Types and see what I can do. Cheers.