XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bluetooth Adapters for Music Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Bluetooth Adapters for Music Streaming

Anyone every use something like this in the XF with an Android device?

Amazon.com: BrightPlay - 30 Pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver/ Adapter for Iphone's and Ipod's: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: BrightPlay - 30 Pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver/ Adapter for Iphone's and Ipod's: MP3 Players & Accessories

Would it plug into the Iphone jack, assuming you had the cable, allowing any bluetooth device to stream? Any benefit over the Aux port?

I tried two different HTC A200 clips which plug into the Aux jack and the audio clips in and out every 10-20 seconds.

Update: The HTC A200 clip was not the cause of the clipping (read a few posts down). However, the HTC didn't automatically reconnect which is a huge pain when you want to go wireless.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 08-05-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I have an '09 XF PL and I have been using
this this
adapter connected to my Aux jack for about a year, and it works fantastic. Good battery life, zero dropouts.

I've used it with multiple Android phones/ROMs, including the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2. Currently using Note 2 with CarbonROM, which is AOSP-based running 4.2.2

I can tell you that on a TouchWiz based ROM running 4.1.2 I was getting my phone disconnecting (but the audio streaming never disconnected). Not sure if that was a TW issue or a 4.1.x issue, but is 100% resolved with AOSP/4.2.2

All in all I would rate the device and experience of using it very favorably. I do wish the Kitty could do native A2DP. Maybe the next one

Here's the original post:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...eceiver-76203/

Last edited by JaguarJeff; 07-31-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks! Do you leave it connected to the USB port to keep it charged? Does it automatically connect when you turn the car on? I was using a NFC tag to automatically connect and start up Spotify but it would be nice if it connected on it's own when I got in the car.

I noticed the other device in that thread as well: http://store.shopblackberry.com/stor...oryID.61654600 The posters said it turns on when you get in, connects to the phone, and then shuts off when you lock the doors. That sounds perfect.

The Apple connector seemed interesting because it will eliminate the need to connect a charge cable. I was hoping it would allow the use of the car controls to pause/play/change tracks but after some research that doesn't sound possible. All the Bluetooth adapters with the apple connector appear to be analog output only. Here is another one:
Amazon.com: auris freeDa Bluetooth® Music Receiver for the Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: auris freeDa Bluetooth® Music Receiver for the Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories

Last edited by Blackcoog; 07-31-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

If Bluetooth is enabled on the phone and a pairing has already been established, then it reconnects automatically on device power on. The device has an idle timeout, to save battery, after some period of time it turns off when not in use (maybe 10 minutes?). So, you do have to turn it on when you start the car (unless it was on within the past few minutes). I do not leave it connected to USB when in the car, that's too much clutter in the console for me. I simply take it inside and charge on a computer about once a week. I use it approx 2 hours/day and it usually lasts about a week.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

I found a Bluetooth device at my local Target that plugged into the Apple connector in the car. I was able to connect to the device but I wasn't able to stream music. I'm fairly certain the XF apple connector is digital not analog, which is required by this type of device. I returned it shortly after trying it out.

I ended up going with the Blackberry Music Gateway and I'm extremely happy. As others noted it automatically connects to your phone when you get into the car which is a huge plus. The HTC clip did not automatically reconnect to my Samsung Galaxy S3. I also found the source of my audio clipping which was not due to the HTC A200 clip as I originally thought. It appears to be an intermittent issue with the Bluetooth phone connection and the car. When I drop the phone connection with the car (only temporarily) the clipping goes away on the Bluetooth media stream even if the phone reconnects to the car shortly after. I'm not sure why they interfere with each other and it only happens occasionally.

I purchased the Blackberry Gateway for $33 from here:
Amazon.com: BlackBerry ACC-41596-001 Music Gateway - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: BlackBerry ACC-41596-001 Music Gateway - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's about the same size as the HTC clip. The pictures of the Blackberry Gateway are a bit deceiving. The pictures make it look larger than it really is.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 08-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.