XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bluetooth issues....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth issues....

Hi All,

So since getting my 2013 XF a little over a month ago, I have noticed some issues with the Bluetooth. I am taking it to the dealer to have it looked over, and was wondering if anyone else out there has or had, similar issues, and what the resolution ended up being.

No.1 - Using either of the connected devices to play music (One is an iPhone 5S, the other an iPhone 6)everything works fine. As long as the device is sitting in the center console. If it happens to be in a jacket pocket or in my laptop bag, it cuts in and out when the steering wheel is turned. Seems like a very weak connection given my other cars capabilities on this front.

No.2 - When using the phone in hands free mode, my conversations seem to get cut off mid stream on occasion. Not dropping as I can hear the person on the other end, but they can no longer hear me. It does this about 30% of the time. Plenty of reception bars on both phones.

No.3 - Occasionally when placing a call or receiving one, their is no audible ring, I cannot hear anyone on the other end and they cannot hear me. If I pick up the handset I'm still in the same boat. On top of that, it occasionally shows both phones being connected. Shutting the car down, leaving it for awhile resolves things temporarily.

If anyone out there has seen any of this, I'd appreciate feedback and insight. I suspect the dealer will give a shoulder shrug, which of course is unacceptable. Hopefully it is something as simple as software, but if not I'd rather go in armed with a bit of lucid information.

Thanks,

Sam