XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bluetooth question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Bluetooth question.

Hi
I have a 2011 portfolio package. As we all know the car bluetooth only takes calls. If anyone has a way to play songs please help me out.
That being said I was thinking has anyone tried plugging a usb bluetooth dongle into the USB port does it work??

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajay Mann
Hi
I have a 2011 portfolio package. As we all know the car bluetooth only takes calls. If anyone has a way to play songs please help me out.
That being said I was thinking has anyone tried plugging a usb bluetooth dongle into the USB port does it work??
Nope. Get the Tune2air module.. Can be found online at amazon etc. FYI tho,, I bought the Tune2air and it worked perfectly! I since returned it as while driving all texts, email noises etc were muted. Also When parked in my garage, it stayed on and still connected to the car... Was annoying to me... i had to 'forget device' on iphone everytime to use my phone in my home..

Now i use use the aux cord.. sounds better too imo

Old 03-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I would just use the Aux cable. it's easier and it sounds better. you always lose some quality through the air. I bought a flat cable so if I'm going on a long trip and want to use pandora, i just pull the cord out as well as my usb to keep my phone charged and my music playing. otherwise i have a usb memory stick to keep my music on and listen to that most of the time.

The following users liked this post:
JagVonder (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

I am using a
blackberry gateway blackberry gateway
connected to the aux port and it works pretty well for me. Set the bluetooth audio to go to the blackberry and the bluetooth phone to go to car's bluetooth. The phone calls work normally through the car and the audio plays through the aux line. The phone connects to both the car and the blackberry gateway on startup.

The only downside is that you can't use the car to control or view what you are playing. You need to use your phone to start/stop/change songs. I setup a NFC tag for my android phone so the phone will open Spotify and start playing when the phone is tapped to the tag. BTW I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Received 62 Likes on 11 Posts

I previously purchased the BlackBerry Gateway, and it suffers from very low volume and inadequate sound quality... I'd stay away.

I'd highly recommend you look at this product that Outlaw Audio sells:
Outlaw Audio's Model BTR-100 Bluetooth Receiver with aptX, NFC and AAC

This unit works much much better, full volume, and it sounds great. I can't tell a difference between this and the Aux port. It works flawlessly, connecting back with my phone every time I get in the car. Phone calls mute the audio and go through the car speakers.