XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bluetooth Streaming Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Bluetooth Streaming Adapter?

Has anyone tried the Tune2Air unit? It plugs into the iPod integration cable and streams music via Bluetooth. While our cars have hard wired iPod cable connections, I can see sometimes wanting to stream music wirelessly instead.

Tune2Air WMA1000 Bluetooth Music Receiver, Support Airplay, Audi-A2DP, Mercedes-A2DP and VW-A2DP - PRODUCT - ViseeO Worldwide Official Site

Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Streaming Adapter?-20130321152434.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Jaguilar (04-08-2014)
Old 08-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Sounds very interesting. Most of the bluetooth adapters for the 30 pin jack only work with the analog style setup (no data is transferred only music).

Product reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-WMA1000...owViewpoints=1

I'd pay $100 in a heartbeat if this worked with the XF and my S3 phone, allowed control via the car, and displayed song info on the car's screen.

Edit:

Fine print on Android / 3rd party apps isn't very promising:

The latest software V3.17 now enables tune2air to work with major brands of Andriod phones and also works with a number of 3rd party music apps such as Sportify or Pandora. This software enables tune2airto stream music to your head unit without the track information and music library list and the wireless control of tracks works on certain types of head units only. This software also enables tune2airworking with certain home iPod docking speaker system such as Bose and JBL. For further information about the compatibility with Android, Windows Phone 8 and 3rd party music apps, and also home iPod docking speaker systems please contact us at sales@viseeo.com.

Email Viseeo and ask if they have any info on XF testing. Can't hurt to ask.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 08-06-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I emailed them specifically about my '11 XFR and here is their reply.

We would like to let you know Tune2Air provides track and library information to the car's head unit and allow full use of the car's controls over the music and selection of playlists. But if you are playing online music like Pandora or Spotify, the music information ( e.g. playlists, tracks etc.) won't be displayed on the car screen as iPod system recognizes iPod or iPhone pre-installed music (MP3) only, the car screen will display the the music information from iPod library only.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

Is that a canned response? It sounds like even the track info only works on some head units. You'd think they'd say something about testing on the Jaguar head units if it had been done. Give it a try but make sure you can return it if it doesn't work.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is an adapter for the iPod wire that so has the 3.5mm jack It plugs into the iPod wire and then to the iPhone 5

Anyone tried it?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just received a Tune2air and installed it in my 2010 XF Portfolio. It supports exactly the same functionality as connecting my iPhone5 to the iPod cable in the center console. The controls on the Jaguar touch screen and the steering wheel controls operate just as you would expect. I could find no difference between the wireless and wired behavior. After an initial paring, the Tune2air automatically connects to my iPhone 5 immediately upon turning the car on. I do not use Rhapsody or Pandora so I can't comment on how they work. I do use SiriusXM on my iPhone 5, and I can say that it passes the audio to the head unit. When it connects it immediately starts playing where it left off. I am no critic of audio quality but I think it sounds very good.. Lastly it plays very well with the phone. It automatically mutes when you make a call or answer an incoming call. It begins playing where it left off when you hang up. In summary it does exactly what it claims. One unexpected but interesting feature is that you can still control the iPhone 5 from the iPhone 5 touch screen while it is connected and while the Jaguar touch screen and steering wheel controls are active. On other systems the iPhone controls are locked out when connected to the cars' head unit.

degreen61 (02-10-2014)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the update

Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sorapp
I just received a Tune2air and installed it in my 2010 XF Portfolio. It supports exactly the same functionality as connecting my iPhone5 to the iPod cable in the center console. The controls on the Jaguar touch screen and the steering wheel controls operate just as you would expect. I could find no difference between the wireless and wired behavior. After an initial paring, the Tune2air automatically connects to my iPhone 5 immediately upon turning the car on. I do not use Rhapsody or Pandora so I can't comment on how they work. I do use SiriusXM on my iPhone 5, and I can say that it passes the audio to the head unit. When it connects it immediately starts playing where it left off. I am no critic of audio quality but I think it sounds very good.. Lastly it plays very well with the phone. It automatically mutes when you make a call or answer an incoming call. It begins playing where it left off when you hang up. In summary it does exactly what it claims. One unexpected but interesting feature is that you can still control the iPhone 5 from the iPhone 5 touch screen while it is connected and while the Jaguar touch screen and steering wheel controls are active. On other systems the iPhone controls are locked out when connected to the cars' head unit.
If you get a chance try it with an Android phone to see if the radio controls can be used and note if any data is showing on the screen.

Thanks for the update!

Old 08-27-2013, 07:17 PM

Sorry I don't own an Android phone and don't know anyone who does.

Injekter (09-02-2016)
Old 08-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sorapp
Sorry I don't own an Android phone and don't know anyone who does.
That's too bad. You/they are missing out.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blackcoog:
bigdhenderson (05-13-2014), psinsyd (01-19-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ViseeO Tune2Air - Works Great

I purchased a ViseeO Tune2Air for my new (to me) 2011 Jaguar XF. It works great with music on my iPhone 5. I use it with Spotify, Pandora, and Swell Radio. Works great on all formats and starts exactly where I left off without me having to do anything. Excellent addition for $89 on Amazon

Old 01-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by joshmcmorrow
I purchased a ViseeO Tune2Air for my new (to me) 2011 Jaguar XF. It works great with music on my iPhone 5. I use it with Spotify, Pandora, and Swell Radio. Works great on all formats and starts exactly where I left off without me having to do anything. Excellent addition for $89 on Amazon
No kidding?! This is awesome!!!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the 2010 XF S/C have the same 30 pin connector as the 2011 models?

If so, then this adapter should work for me too, I assume?

Disregard that*

Last edited by Dimitri Kandalepas; 01-22-2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: I am stupid
Old 01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys why dont u guys try a usb bluetooth dongle they are available for 5-10 dollars and will plug into ur usb port. Pair the phone and get it to connect could work I shall try and let u guys know.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ViseeO Tune2air vs. regular bluetooth dongle

First, the 2011 XF has a 30-pin ipod connector, so I assume it would work exactly the same as the 2010. As for Tune2air vs. bluetooth dongle, I believe the advantage of the Tune2air is: (1) it connects directly to the head unit allowing the track information to appear on the screen (in audio or home screen) - nice touch; (2) more importantly, I can control my phone via the controls on the steering wheel - very nice feature; (3) I like that the unit automatically turns on when I start the car, leaving off at the exact point that I was listening to earlier. Just my $.02

The following 2 users liked this post by joshmcmorrow:
JagVonder (01-23-2014), RonAsonte12 (06-07-2017)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:03 AM

I have tried several Bluetooth adapters, none of them provide integration with the Jag screen or steering wheel controls. They all must be controlled from the iPhone screen. Also none of them automatically connect when turning the car on. The Tune2Air works entirely automatically after an initial pairing. In short it works exactly like the streaming found in the 2012 XF models.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 444 Likes on 390 Posts

Can someone who has installed this on an XF describe how app-based music services e.g. SpotIfy work with this? I understand above that locally-stored music on an iPhone is displayed and played through the head unit just like if it were an ipod connected directly to the 30-pin connector. I.e. you can see track listings, playlists, artists etc, click on selection and use steering-wheel controls to skip forward/back etc.

But what about a streaming music service like spotify - how do you 'select' it to play (vs. local music on the iphone) and what (if anything) displays or is controlled through the header unit - or do you have to select and start it on the iphone screen? And once set up does it restart playing through that service each time you start the car (like an ipod would) or do you have to select the app and start it each time manually?

Thanks!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Just wanted to add, I have a dockBoss air in my X-Type (Wireless Music Receiver for iPod and iPhone docks, connects Apple and Android smartphones, tablets and computers. dcokBoss air) which works with the steering wheel controls and automatically connects when I turn the car on.

I am able to control both the built-in music app and Pandora on my iPhone 5 with the steering wheel and head unit controls. I'm sure it works with other apps, but those are the only two I use. It will also allow the voice guidance of a GPS app to play through the car's speakers if you're using it as the source. I can't comment on whether or not it displays information on the head unit because the X-Type doesn't do that. But if that's not important to you, the dockBoss air is only $35.

The company that makes it, CableJive, also makes a variety of other audio adapters for unique scenarios and I have found their customer service to be great. I'd recommend talking to them if you're trying to get any kind of uncommon setup working with your car's audio system.

Last edited by emaraszek; 01-27-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone direct me towards the correct Audio Interface cable to connect the Tune2Air to my 2010 XF S/C? Have been looking online, but not sure I am looking at the correct cable. J

Just would like some confirmation before I go ahead and buy it!

I know it says Land Rover, but from what I understand they are the same cable?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-O...e&talgo=origal

Thanks

Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 PM

I have a 2010 XF Portfolio. I connected my Tune2Air directly to the 30 pin iPhone connector that came with my car, I did not need anything else. It works perfectly with my iPhone 5s.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Streaming Adapter?