XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bought a 2010 XF Premium! Have a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought a 2010 XF Premium! Have a few questions...

Hey guys,

I bought myself a 2010 Jaguar XF with 30K driven. I must say, this is a nice ride, and better than my former 2003 XJ8.

I'm in a dilemma however, as I do not seem to know how to adjust the interior rearview mirror in the vehicle. The manual is questionable regarding this topic, and it does not seem possible to do so manually, so maybe you kind folks can help me out.

Also, I do not have the automatic powerfold mirror option, but I wanted to inquire if there was a way to fold the exterior mirrors through the center console, or the adjacent buttons that control the mirror positioning.

Furthermore, I seem to have the common problem of the map lights turning on by themselves while driving. I read a post here that mentioned swaping out the bulbs for LEDs to resolve the issue. Is this the way to go?

Also, I wanted your opinion on the year, as I read and inquired with a mechanic that the 2010 seems to be a worry-free year, albeit this was a cross-over year as far the engine is concerned (5.0L V8), so I found that interesting. Is there a consensus here that this is the case, or just hearsay?

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited by jaguarmanxj8; 03-08-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,274 Likes on 2,416 Posts

The interior rear view mirror is simply manual adjust.
It can be a bit stiff and require a good yank to get it to move, maybe try some WD40 first on the bit that swivels.
You either have power fold mirrors or you do not.
Easiest way to check is to hold both mirror adjust buttons down at the same time (with the ignition on), if you have power fold they will both fold in, if not nothing will happen.
The flickering lights can be fixed one of two ways - replace or clean the circuit board in the overhead console, or replace the globes/bulbs with LEDs. I went with LEDs on both my XFs and never had a single problem afterwards. Easy enough to replace, plenty of threads here on how to do it.
The 5.0 has a few relatively rare problems, again search this forum.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Received 126 Likes on 116 Posts

All US spec XFs do not have power fold door mirrors. You can buy the Euro spec mirrors but you will also need to do some wiring and possible programming. Big costs for such a small feature.

The overhead light is prone to auto lighting. Only sure way to fix is replace the circuit board, but some have had success with LED bulbs. I would try the LEDs as it is a cheap fix. If it does not fix it, you are only out a few bucks.

The 2010 5.0 is a solid motor, I put 80K on mine before upgrading. They only issues were battery needed every year (always under warranty if you buy a good battery) and 2 water pumps (also fixed under my CPO warranty). Both times the water pump failure was found very early just by smelling antifreeze when I pulled in the garage. Mine started to weep and I was very proactive and had it fixed right away. These motors don't like to overheat.

As far as your interior rear view mirror, I am assuming you are referring to the center windshield mounted one. They are very stiff to move because of the garage door "homelink" buttons. It needs to be stiff so that every time you push up on the buttons to open your garage door, it does not move your mirror. Just grab it firmly and move it slowly to where you want it.

2009 and early 2010s had problems with the fuel door not opening and the gear shifter not raising up, but those were all fixed under TSBs and by now, if your car is one of them, it would have already been fixed.

There are a lot of electrics in the center console, don't spill your drink on it or you will be replacing a few things.

Sunroofs are prone to be noisy, if your glass is not flush with the roof of your car, drop the headliner and tighten all the bolts and use silicon spray on the rubber and you will be happy.

Have fun with it, they are great cars.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you guys are amazing! Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.

Just as a note, I bought a Coolstream CarPro as suggested in a prior thread. Here's the hoping this will enable A2DP bluetooth streaming.

Thanks again, gentlemen.