XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bought the luggage compartment side net accessory, now how to install - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Bought the luggage compartment side net accessory, now how to install - RESOLVED

I bought the Jaguar luggage compartment side net accessory from a Jaguar dealer (under $30) but it came with no instructions. It looks like I might need to peel back the interior trunk liner and poke some holes through which the plastic clips go. It seems like a useful thing to have (and frankly should be standard) to keep small objects from rolling around in the trunk.

Has anyone installed this or know where I can get some instructions?

Thanks.

Here's a picture from a dealer web site.

Attached Thumbnails Bought the luggage compartment side net accessory, now how to install - RESOLVED-jaguar-xf-luggage-compartment-side-net.jpg  

Last edited by GGG; 09-08-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Add 'RESOLVED' to thread title
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 PM
BB2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long Islander,

I've bought and installed one. It basically involved poking a hole with and awl the expanding it with a drill bit. Note to be carefull when poking the initial hole to avoid wiring. I felt up under the carpet to where I was planning to poke the holes to feel for anything to avoid. Also I did not use a drill with the drill bit. I turned it by hand to avoid hitting anything. The metal frame had to be flexed outward to engage the side of the luggage compartment panel as shown in the picture. Otherwise it would not reach across the opening as shown. I used a flat board under the carpet while putting the holes for the bottom attachments to avoid scratching the paint.

Hopefully this helps

BB2

Old 09-05-2012, 07:41 AM

Thank you, that is helpful. I have what I believe is called a rotary hasp, which is shaped like a cone and can be used to file holes to make them larger. It is attached to a drill. I think I'll use that at a very low drill speed.

Jaguar could have made this much easier. For example, the plastic clips could have had threaded backs that you push through the hole that you make with the awl and then fasten using plastic thumb-turn nuts on the backside.

Just out of curiosity, do the 2012 models come with this net as standard equipment?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

No it is not standard in the 2012's. There is only a 6" or so elastic strap on the driver side of the trunk

Old 09-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by calviroman
No it is not standard in the 2012's. There is only a 6" or so elastic strap on the driver side of the trunk
Interesting, so you pay over $50k for a luxury car and then they nickel and dime you over something that they think is useful enough to offer as an accessory, yet don't provide as standard equipment.

I could see if they added it in later models and then offered it as an accessory to those who bought the car before they designed the luggage net.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Default Done!

I installed the side net today and posted instructions with pictures on this site. Anyone who is interested may do a search for "side net" to find the instructions.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:30 PM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Long Islander
I installed the side net today and posted instructions with pictures on this site. Anyone who is interested may do a search for "side net" to find the instructions.
I've amended your thread title to include 'RESOLVED'. Also including the link to your instructions here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ide-net-80398/

Graham